Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

White Nationalist Rally in Virginia

6 hours ago, SFtoVA said:

I would think one is memorial to those that were incarcerated, a reminder for us citizens to not allow that to happen again. The other is a monument erected to intimidate minorities. Pretty big difference right there, media has nothing to do with it.

Just because something has been around a long time doesn't make it right. The support to remove these monuments didn't exist before, doesn't mean we can't  or shouldn't remove them now.

We are reminded everyday of heros and dirtbags alike...depends on your point of view.  Why was this not an issue 8 yrs ago?  Politics/media has a lot to do with it.

13 hours ago, pokebball said:

So he was an illegal?  And he came in and committed crimes against the government? 

I still want to keep his statues up.  Can we please?

You're going full retard

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

We are reminded everyday of heros and dirtbags alike...depends on your point of view.  Why was this not an issue 8 yrs ago?  Politics/media has a lot to do with it.

It was an issue 8 years ago, 20 years ago, 50 years ago... Whether or not you or I were aware doesn't matter. The support wasn't there in the numbers needed to make the changes in the past.

I guess the point is, is the media covering what was going to happen, reporting the news, or creating the news. IMO, they were reporting the news, not creating it. But I guess you're right, it does depend on your point of view on which conclusion you come to.

1 minute ago, Jackrabbit said:

My question about why our political left prefers to tear down historic monuments rather than place new meaningful monuments has not been answered.

It's simple really, because those "historic" monuments honor:

1. Racists

2. Traitors

3. Losers

19 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

My question about why our political left prefers to tear down historic monuments rather than place new meaningful monuments has not been answered.

I think this has been answered several times over, beginning to think that you just don't like the answer. I'm all for them replacing these monuments with another actually worthy of being in the same spot, but these need to go either way.

ACLU admits this is a symbol of white supremacy - #1. Baby is white which now unacceptable.  #2. Tee shirt says Free Speech which now called hate speech.  
and #3 a US Flag which is now a symbol of oppression.  So there you have it.  On twitter, people actually photoshopped this baby in a nazi uniform and responded.  

baby-flag.jpg

40 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Lol, most of the monuments have as much to do with history as the civil war didn't have to do with slavery

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Lol, most of the monuments have as much to do with history as the civil war didn't have to do with slavery

Democrats trying to erase the history of Democrats.  Don't blame them, I would too. It certainly is a shameful one.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

27 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

I think this has been answered several times over, beginning to think that you just don't like the answer. I'm all for them replacing these monuments with another actually worthy of being in the same spot, but these need to go either way.

None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

2 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Democrats trying to erase the history of Democrats.  Don't blame them, I would too. It certainly is a shameful one.

Huh. You know, when I installed my back gate incorrectly and went back and reworked it, I thought of it as "fixing a mistake"  but apparently I was "erasing history".

Weird!

7 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Whoah. Incredible insight. I 'll give you a great example: As I said earlier, I looked at Breitbart for the first time ever yesterday. The headline was that "They are going to go after Mt. Rushmore next!" It's a completely contrived political story by the alt right fake news media.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Just now, happycamper said:

Huh. You know, when I installed my back gate incorrectly and went back and reworked it, I thought of it as "fixing a mistake"  but apparently I was "erasing history".

Weird!

Nobody gives a shit about your gate.  People however DO give a shit about a seminal event in our Nation's history. Properly educated they would understand exactly which political party is the party of the KKK, what party all of those mean white men in skinny ties and horn rimmed glasses belonged to, who stood on the steps of school houses denying entry to African Americans, erected all of those statues of civil war heroes, unleashed dogs and water cannons on marchers and to this day think of African Americans as less than fully capable, fully formed adult human beings.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

Nobody gives a shit about your gate.  People however DO give a shit about a seminal event in our Nation's history. Properly educated they would understand exactly which political party is the party of the KKK, what party all of those mean white men in skinny ties and horn rimmed glasses belonged to, who stood on the steps of school houses denying entry to African Americans, erected all of those statues of civil war heroes, unleashed dogs and water cannons on marchers and to this day think of African Americans as less than fully capable, fully formed adult human beings.

Parties change over time and you know it. The White South didn't change from Democrat to Republican because of some universal enlightenment on the part of its inhabitants.

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

Parties change over time and you know it. The White South didn't change from Democrat to Republican because of some universal enlightenment on the part of its inhabitants.

I agree, they change for MANY reasons over time.  But that doesn't excuse the history.  There's a difference between teaching history and erasing it.  Any honest teaching of southern history would recognize party affiliations instead of deliberately obscuring them behind "Southern Strategy" nonsense as if during one election cycle, all racists suddenly changed sides. To this day, there is still a good ol' boy Southern Democrat component just as there a still card carrying Democrats that attacked school buses at South Boston HS in the 70's.

No one party carries the mantle of racist in this country.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

Just now, SDSUfan said:

I agree, they change for MANY reasons over time.  But that doesn't excuse the history.  There's a difference between teaching history and erasing it.  Any honest teaching of southern history would recognize party affiliations instead of deliberately obscuring them behind "Southern Strategy" nonsense as if during one election cycle, all racists suddenly changed sides. To this day, there is still a good ol' boy Southern Democrat component just as there a still card carrying Democrats that attacked school buses at South Boston HS in the 70's.

No one party carries the mantle of racist in this country.

Well it seemed to me you were implying that. If not I stand corrected. I agree racism in this country involves a lot more than the comparative views of our two parties. 

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

ACLU admits this is a symbol of white supremacy - #1. Baby is white which now unacceptable.  #2. Tee shirt says Free Speech which now called hate speech.  
and #3 a US Flag which is now a symbol of oppression.  So there you have it.  On twitter, people actually photoshopped this baby in a nazi uniform and responded.  

baby-flag.jpg

Just stop. 

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

in the deep south, the parties completely changed places over the course of four years, all on the issue of civil rights..

1960_large.png

1964_large.png