Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

White Nationalist Rally in Virginia

7 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

The 3/5 compromise helped make Jefferson Pres.

Didn't mean he was responsible for it. He wasn't even in the country, let alone the room.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

no..... Jefferson helped write a document that established that slaves 3/5 of a man...protected generations of slavery...., owned slaves. 

Instead of tearing things down, perhaps those who wish to destroy hisotry should put up their own statues. 

Why were statues erected to honor traitors and losers?

5 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

The 3/5 compromise helped make Jefferson Pres.

Uh, it helped make Lincoln president, too

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 hours ago, renoskier said:

Why were statues erected to honor traitors and losers?

@Jackrabbit I, and several others, have answered your question.  Why don't you try to answer mine? 

Why were these traitors being honored?

For those who are actually curious, this interesting interview, with University of Georgia history professor James Cobb, provides some context.

http://www.capradio.org/news/npr/story?storyid=544886671

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

@Jackrabbit I, and several others, have answered your question.  Why don't you try to answer mine? 

For those who are actually curious, this interesting interview, with University of Georgia history professor James Cobb, provides some context.

The traitors to the constitution were on the Union side.

They changed the country from one where state governments ruled, to federal rule.

You have just bought into the decades of brainwashing and revisionist history written by the victors.  You guys are the types that if Hitler had won WWII you would be hailing him a hero of human rights.

On 8/20/2017 at 7:57 PM, renoskier said:

Been chasing the eclipse.

Any statue of a person who owned a slave will be removed.  You are splitting hairs.

11 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Any statue of a person who owned a slave will be removed.  You are splitting hairs.

You've also been drinking alt right Kool-Aid, apparently.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

You've also been drinking alt right Kool-Aid, apparently.

So...if the right wants to protect our history no matter how ugly....then I'm your man.   The altright term used to stand for libertarianism.  It's been hijacked.

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

Based on what?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

It is kind of funny that Robert E. Lee a guy that was against slavery and was in the process of freeing his family's slaves in the run up to the civil war.  Is considered by you brainwashed morons as a symbol of slavery and Washington and Jefferson aren't.

Lee hated slavery and almost fought for the north because of it but couldn't be a traitor to his state.  At the time of the civil war States were considered independent countries in status and the federal government was more an association than the current death pact Lincoln created.   

Lee fought solely for his state's right to make independent decisions.

So, would a statue of say, Geronimo be appropriate?  Was Geronimo a traitor to the good ol' US of A?

Should his and other Native American statues be removed because they were traitors?

Nah, let's leave 'em alone, OK?

The World Needs More Cowboys!