Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

White Nationalist Rally in Virginia

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Phuck....I'm hooked. 

Can't wait to see who gets the last word. 

mug when he's cashing that sweet "yer dumb" money

3 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

Good job guys... Glad I only went a couple of pages before I skipped to the end.

the first... 30 or so pages are decent

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I bet you know all about sucking, what given you root for a truck stop college and all. 

College smack!  How very collegial of you!  You make Happy proud. 

By the way, you should stop polishing his knob with your reaction button.  It's going to start to chafe!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Im sure you're well versed in polishing knobs

Yessir, this guy has his own blog! 

And a self-published book with perhaps a dozen paying customers!

And he's homophobic to boot!

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

And you polish knobs in truck stop parking lots. 

At some point your use of the reaction button should be ironic.

If only you knew what it meant...

So I was talking with a very liberal co worker at work today who I have a lot of respect for.  She stated at this point we should completely peel of the scab and let the violence play out, she said she wanted more violence.  At first I was shocked, then what she said next kind of made sense.  She said that this violence has created a conversation and a feeling of unity among the decent folk on the left and right.  She said at this point things need to get worse in order to get better.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So I was talking with a very liberal co worker at work today who I have a lot of respect for.  She stated at this point we should completely peel of the scab and let the violence play out, she said she wanted more violence.  At first I was shocked, then what she said next kind of made sense.  She said that this violence has created a conversation and a feeling of unity among the decent folk on the left and right.  She said at this point things need to get worse in order to get better.

Thoughts?

Well if guys like Cantwell go the violent route there will be a big body count before things settle down - did you see the amount of weapons he brought to the rally?

America is so over-armed that if it did get more violent it would get ugly really really quickly.

And as Europe has shown over and over, a lot of deaths just deepen divisions.

37 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Thoughts?

I would disagree. What are decent folk united on? Uniformly in their grief and regret that an innocent person was killed and many people maimed in a terrorist act, and also that white nationalism is disgusting. We've seen in this thread that the unity frays concerning the overall condemnation of direct action violence. Quite a few decent people have advocated punching indecent people for simply holding repugnant beliefs.

Racism is not a scab. What we are seeing is only a lesion symptomatic of the larger disease within our existence, one that we as a species are born with and we as a nation actively cultured for far too long. The antibody is the marketplace of ideas, which can only work if the violence is condemned and avoided. It's a slower cure, much slower than most would hope, and certain to take longer than we as individuals have to live. But violence is no cure at all. Ripping the scab won't prevent future lesions, and may help cause an infection far worse to our system than the current situation.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I would disagree. What are decent folk united on? Uniformly in their grief and regret that an innocent person was killed and many people maimed in a terrorist act, and also that white nationalism is disgusting. We've seen in this thread that the unity frays concerning the overall condemnation of direct action violence. Quite a few decent people have advocated punching indecent people for simply holding repugnant beliefs.

Racism is not a scab. What we are seeing is only a lesion symptomatic of the larger disease within our existence, one that we as a species are born with and we as a nation actively cultured for far too long. The antibody is the marketplace of ideas, which can only work if the violence is condemned and avoided. It's a slower cure, much slower than most would hope, and certain to take longer than we as individuals have to live. But violence is no cure at all. Ripping the scab won't prevent future lesions, and may help cause an infection far worse to our system than the current situation.

Wait, what?

What's the larger disease?  Violence?  Or is the lesion violence? 

2 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Ah!  Eloquent. 

And as the point was too obscure to suss out, a complete failure in the communication of ideas on my part. This why our presidents usually speak like middle schoolers at best and our current president like a caveman. Get all flowery with the lingo, and the ideas come off as all gaytarded.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

And as the point was too obscure to suss out, a complete failure in the communication of ideas on my part. This why our presidents usually speak like middle schoolers at best and our current president like a caveman. Get all flowery with the lingo, and the ideas come off as all gaytarded.

Sigh.  Do not starting thinking this is a you problem, please.