Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

White Nationalist Rally in Virginia

4 hours ago, Akkula said:

You people don't seem to understand.   This is like a dad punching a convicted child molester while he is doing his perp walk and then you coming out to strongly insist that the molester''s rights were violated and both sides are equally cupable for the events. 

Everyone had always said violence is not okay but you people are really hung up on making sure everyone knows that the Nazis, "have a good point" and "some are fine people."  Just think if you would make that argument for the child molester.   Nazis used to be that repugnant.

I think the distinction that is missed by some here is the ability to separate a crime from a very unpopular position.  If I show up to a rally dressed up in a hood, robe and carrying a torch, I've committed no crime.  None.  If someone assaults me, they are committing the crime.

If another individual wearing the hood and robe drives a car into a crowed, that person has committed a crime and he should burn in hell, in my opinion.

Following your hypothetical, if the dad of a girl that got ran over by this car then pulls the driver out of the car and starts whoppin on him, I think all of us would have enough faith in our legal system that this reaction was justified and dad would not be charged with any crime.

However, if you start whooping up on me, two blocks away because I'm at this rally in a hood and robe, your the one committing the crime.  I've committed no crime.  While we both agree that I'm scum of the earth, identifying with this group, I feel you should be charged with assault and be subjected to that legal process.  I would hope and expect that you be held accountable for the whoop ass you delivered me.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, Boise fan said:

Yeah, argument fallacies and exemplifying exactly what I wrote and shit.

Because the nazi label and other leftist rhetoric never gets thrown around on this board. Got it. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

That's way out of line.  Nobody here is a Nazi sympathizer. 

What's sad is that some in this thread believe we need to piss on our constitution or be labeled as a nazi sympathizer.

17 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I do recall a certain poster who made the claim that The Atlantic was a far right propaganda rag. 

I use to really like the Atlantic.  Now, it has its' moments with some pretty decent articles.

10 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I use to really like the Atlantic.  Now, it has its' moments with some pretty decent articles.

The Atlantic is a quality middle of the road publication. I have no issues if a Democrat or Republican references it as a source as their journalistic integrity is quite high. That said, @HR_Poke and I were once sternly told how it had become a Joseph Goebbels type of rag by a certain poster. 

12 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Because the nazi label and other leftist rhetoric never gets thrown around on this board. Got it. 

Thanks for continuing to be an example of what I wrote.  You model it extremely well.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

17 hours ago, Mano said:

Pet peeve, he would not have been hung. He would have been hanged. 

Pet peeve....when people's pet peeves are incorrect. 

Hung or hanged

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The Atlantic is a quality middle of the road publication. I have no issues if a Democrat or Republican references it as a source as their journalistic integrity is quite high. That said, @HR_Poke and I were once sternly told how it had become a Joseph Goebbels type of rag by a certain poster. 

It's comfortably left of center, just like its namesake with regards to the prime meridian

meta branding, yo

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Both sides may have incited violence. No doubt.

That doesn't make them equal in what they stand for.

You're not supporting Antifa by understanding this but for crying out loud, the Nazi's did nothing right here.  Yes, the Nazi's have a right to free speech and assembly but please tell me what you think is good about what they were there to say or do.  It was organized by a White Nationalist (Jason Kessler) and David Duke and Richard Spencer were booked to speak. This was not a "Robert E. Lee was a complicated guy/save the statue/I'm not a White Nationalist" event and the attendees damn well knew it. 

I think some of you are coming off as looking like defenders of the Nazis a little bit because in simplest terms they represent the "right" and Antifa represents the "left". Don't fall into this line of thinking.  

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

It's comfortably left of center, just like its namesake with regards to the prime meridian

meta branding, yo

They do lean left on some of their material but I would still say their journalistic integrity is quite high. 

8 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Thanks for continuing to be an example of what I wrote.  You model it extremely well.

I'm not sure who I'm more popular with ... you and @jackmormon or @Hugh Jiddump and @roswellcoug. It's close.

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I'm not sure who I'm more popular with ... you and @jackmormon or @Hugh Jiddump and @roswellcoug. It's close.

Ah I see, you got your feathers rustled because I mentioned how the alt-right called everyone who disagreed with them communists, and as you routinely do that you thought I was calling you out when I mentioned how some people on this board do the same thing.

Actually no, I wasn't.  But I do see the correlation. 

You have this intense need to appear like a centrist, but you're not.  Not from your postings, anyway.  You are definitely right of center.  Not alt-right, mind you.  Though you do parrot a lot of the same disinformation that comes from their handlers.

And you love argument fallacies. 

39 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

They do lean left on some of their material but I would still say their journalistic integrity is quite high. 

Their right side rubs right up against the true center

Just like their namesake, the Atlantic Ocean, with regards to the Prime Meridian

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

42 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Both sides may have incited violence. No doubt.

That doesn't make them equal in what they stand for.

You're not supporting Antifa by understanding this but for crying out loud, the Nazi's did nothing right here.  Yes, the Nazi's have a right to free speech and assembly but please tell me what you think is good about what they were there to say or do.  It was organized by a White Nationalist (Jason Kessler) and David Duke and Richard Spencer were booked to speak. This was not a "Robert E. Lee was a complicated guy/save the statue/I'm not a White Nationalist" event and the attendees damn well knew it. 

I think some of you are coming off as looking like defenders of the Nazis a little bit because in simplest terms they represent the "right" and Antifa represents the "left". Don't fall into this line of thinking.  

I believe all of my responses have ignored, really, either of these groups or any other group for that matter.  I'm sorry if some of you interpreted my posts, defending our constitution, as sympathizing with anyone or any group involved.

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

Wow.  That's all I can say.

Anyone watching that who thinks both sides are the same there is at the least sympathetic with the white supremacists cause. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

12 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I believe all of my responses have ignored, really, either of these groups or any other group for that matter.  I'm sorry if some of you interpreted my posts, defending our constitution, as sympathizing with anyone or any group involved.

"Defending our constitution" and defending Nazis their right to assemble in battle armor armed like a militia are not mutually exclusive.

I believe the right to free speech is restricted when it comes to inciting violence or making threats.  And the right to peacefully assemble to redress the government for grievances didn't include marching as a militia.  At least that's my (and not only my) understanding of the 1st Amendment.