Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

White Nationalist Rally in Virginia

Just now, Boise fan said:

Does everyone who work for UNR have a contract?  Or isn't it "at will" employment?  UNR doesn't need a reason.

The university recieves funds from the government so it's in effect an arm of the government. The government can't punish you for free speech.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

If this country and the people in it won't take a stand against one of the greatest evils ever unleashed, just what the hell do we really stand for?

And don't tell me free speech because some things simply cannot be tolerated. Nazi's are one of them.

One of the Final Five..........

well yeah the guy who rammed the car is 100% guilty.  i'm obviously not talking about him.

the rest just marched.  they made their voices known.  we react by taking a stand against them in like fashion, not punitively seeking to take away their livelihoods or otherwise "get" them.  you will create further division, @mysfit if you pursue that course of action.  i think that's ill advised.

17 minutes ago, mysfit said:

If this country and the people in it won't take a stand against one of the greatest evils ever unleashed, just what the hell do we really stand for?

And don't tell me free speech because some things simply cannot be tolerated. Nazi's are one of them.

Can't arrest people for thought or peaceful demonstration. If they act violently or incite or call for violence, then you can shut them down.

I agree Nazi's are vile and disgusting, but we can't start policing thoughts and ideas, no matter how disgusting they are. Cost of freedom and all that. 

I agree with being morally obligated to taking a stand against them, but through condemnation of their ideas and/or counter demonstrations.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Some things should not be tolerated. These are people with beliefs that will never be part of society. They are fringe, evil elements and they should not be tolerated.

They do not belong here.  They do not have any place in a civilized society. If we don't stand up to Nazi's, then we don't stand for anything. I understand what you are saying. But I believe there are some things which simply should not be accepted. They are wrong, they are evil and there should be no place in this country for them.

Is anyone else amused that Peter <name unpronouncable> is a political science major?  At first I thought "This kid doesn't understand the history of Nazism".  After learning he's a political science major, he seems more and more like a garden variety racist.

He will probably be a pariah at UNR, so there will be repercussions for him.  He's not very smart, that's for certain.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Some things should not be tolerated. These are people with beliefs that will never be part of society. They are fringe, evil elements and they should not be tolerated.

They do not belong here.  They do not have any place in a civilized society. If we don't stand up to Nazi's, then we don't stand for anything. I understand what you are saying. But I believe there are some things which simply should not be accepted. They are wrong, they are evil and there should be no place in this country for them.

Fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, mysfit said:

What do you mean "not tolerated"? What are we supposed to do?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Are you advocating people be imprisoned for ideas? 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Don't hire them, don't work with them, don't serve them, demonstrations...peaceful of course. Work to pass laws. Speak out against them. Make it known you find their beliefs unacceptable.

I keep hearing how we've become too PC but this is one thing where there should be no doubts on where we stand. How did we get to a point where these monsters feel safe enough to come out into the open?

7 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Don't hire them, don't work with them, don't serve them, demonstrations...peaceful of course. Work to pass laws. Speak out against them. Make it known you find their beliefs unacceptable.

I keep hearing how we've become too PC but this is one thing where there should be no doubts on where we stand. How did we get to a point where these monsters feel safe enough to come out into the open?

What kind of laws? 

9 minutes ago, mysfit said:

What types of laws are you suggesting?

I mean nobody goes around looking for Nazis to hire.  Should it be a mandatory screening question?  counter demonstrations never turn out peaceful.

55 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What types of laws are you suggesting?

I mean nobody goes around looking for Nazis to hire.  Should it be a mandatory screening question?  counter demonstrations never turn out peaceful.

Outlaw public gatherings by them....