Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

White Nationalist Rally in Virginia

21 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

You can argue about what the exact numbers are, but the post-election polling showed that race was a larger motivator for Republican voters in any Presidential election since 1988.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/04/17/racism-motivated-trump-voters-more-than-authoritarianism-or-income-inequality/?utm_term=.e58a0c25e230

Well yeah, if you ask questions and then classify answers that favor solutions reliant upon the personal responsibility of the individual over grand systemic factors as racist, then you're going to classify more Republicans than Democrats as racist. That's what happens when you decide up front that a conservative ideology is the racist one.

None of which has to do anything with the Alt right. They aren't symbolically racist at all. They are overtly racist. It's their core philosophy.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

If there's one silver lining of the past couple of days, at least most UVA students weren't on campus yet (AFAIK). I can't imagine how much worse it could have been if you added in 20K college kids. That torch march would of been the torch massacre. Last I heard, there's still five people in critical condition, so hopefully they'll all pull through.

As far as Trump support in the last couple of pages, I can venture a few guesses/observations:

1. The white supremacist and Nazis are devout Trump supporters, denying this is futile effort. They feel (right or wrong, doesn't matter until Trump tells them/acts otherwise) empowered and to an extent supported by Trump
  2. There was probably a decent number of Trump voters on the others side of the lines counter-protesting against the supremacist/Nazis. No one did exit numbers, but I think it's a safe bet.
  3. There was probably zero Hillary/Dem voters standing with/supporting the supremacist/Nazis- what that means is pretty f-ing obvious

I could care less what Trump says, but if I were him or giving him advice, I wouldn't hesitate to distance myself and administration from the white supremacists/Nazis in no uncertain terms and let them know their minor, little it-bitty hands/support aren't needed or wanted. It's really mindbogglingly that an administration, even one as incompetent as Trumps, refuses to do so.

12 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Yes this was literally a right wing rally. It was named the "Unite the Right"

So if Antifa held a rally named "Unite the Left" it would be considered a left wing rally? Therefore making you antifa?

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Is that the Mooch's music?!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anthony-scaramucci-trump-hes-bannon/story?id=49053098

“I’ve never sat down with Steve Bannon and said, ‘Hey are you a white nationalist or a white supremacist?’ But I think the toleration of it by Steve Bannon is inexcusable,” Scaramucci said...

...“If the president really wants to execute the legislative agenda that I think is so promising for the American people, the lower middle-class people and the middle-class people, then he has to move away from that 'Bannon-bart' nonsense,” he said.

“That whole thing is nonsensical. It’s not serving the president’s interests. He's got to move more into the mainstream. He's got to be more into where the moderates are and the independents … that love the president, so if he does that he'll have a very successful legislative agenda,” he said.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Is that the Mooch's music?!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anthony-scaramucci-trump-hes-bannon/story?id=49053098

“I’ve never sat down with Steve Bannon and said, ‘Hey are you a white nationalist or a white supremacist?’ But I think the toleration of it by Steve Bannon is inexcusable,” Scaramucci said...

...“If the president really wants to execute the legislative agenda that I think is so promising for the American people, the lower middle-class people and the middle-class people, then he has to move away from that 'Bannon-bart' nonsense,” he said.

“That whole thing is nonsensical. It’s not serving the president’s interests. He's got to move more into the mainstream. He's got to be more into where the moderates are and the independents … that love the president, so if he does that he'll have a very successful legislative agenda,” he said.

If the Mooch is to believed Kelly is going to put an end to the self-fellatio in the West Wing rather quickly.  We'll see how the Nazis take that. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

My someone is defensive and can't read.

No one has in any way equated all Trump voters as racist. No where.

Not all Trump voters are racist. But all racists (as in white supremacists ) are Trump supporters.

I work with a number of Trump voters who are my friends and I know them to be good people who are not racist or sexist. No one anywhere has claimed all Trump voters are racist, that was a defensive assumption, not supported by facts.

One of the Final Five..........

7 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

If the Mooch is to believed Kelly is going to put an end to the self-fellatio in the West Wing rather quickly.  We'll see how the Nazis take that. 

We can only hope.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

There was a lone gunman in the Dallas police officer shooting. While he was black, I don't remember whether he was affiliated with BLM or not.

He was not. He did express sympathy for BLM during the negotiatons with police. He had some history of association with the Black Panthers.  

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Yeah these guys look like they were going to a peaceful alt-right rally!

1024x1024.jpg

lead_960.jpg?1502582567

920x920.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

'Cause when I march, I must be in battle armor with shields to make my point...peacefully.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

1024x1024.jpg

lead_960.jpg?1502582567

920x920.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

'Cause when I march, I must be in battle armor with shields to make my point...peacefully.

William Shatner's voice in my head saying, "you in the black.....have you ever even kissed a girl?"

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

3 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

1024x1024.jpg

lead_960.jpg?1502582567

920x920.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

It is the democratic party's policy to divide by any racial, political or economic way possible.   When you are doing that you are going to get people who feel disenfranchised.  Now they aren't the geniuses in the population or the good guys.

They are though a result at least partially of the democratic party's divisive politics.   They have increase the divisive nature of the politics in this country.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

One can't argue that very well. 10 to 20% of Trump voters is 6 to 12 million white nationalists. Yet when they plan their white nationalists Woodstock only a couple hundred make it to Charlottesville. Trump has a base of voters who will seem to back him on anything, and it may be 6 to 12 million voters, but they aren't all white nationalists. The vast majority of that base isn't.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/gist/2016/11/ben_shapiro_on_steve_bannon_the_alt_right_and_why_the_left_needs_to_turn.html

I think the alt-right is a very, very small movement that has gained outsize credibility because they’re extraordinarily loud online.

I mentioned earlier this Anti-Defamation League study that said that I was the No. 1 target of anti-Semitism in the journalistic world this year. And that’s because one, I’m Jewish; two, I left Breitbart; three, I didn’t back Trump. I think they said there were, between January and September, something like 20,000 anti-Semitic tweets directed at journalists. And I was the personal recipient of 7,400 of them. So the top 10 was me by a landslide, and then a bunch of people coming in behind. They traced virtually all of these tweets, or a huge percentage of these tweets, to 1,600 accounts.

So it’s a very small but vocal group, and they’re making their presence felt using the echo chambers of Twitter and Facebook and online.

There are a lot of of folks in this country that white falling far short of being white supremisists, share a lot of their views on things like affirmative action, immigration, religion in schools, etc. 

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

There are a lot of of folks in this country that white falling far short of being white supremisists, share a lot of their views on things like affirmative action, immigration, religion in schools, etc. 

Then their are the absolute inarguable racists like you that think minorities need white man's help to succeed.

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

So white supremacists like pizza. I can't like pizza too? Is pizza racist?

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

@poke em

when you create room for belief that the rally was organized by innocent characters

when you ask what having a swastika tattoo could possibly imply

when you continue to attempt to create room for belief that they're innocent characters after multiple pieces of evidence that they are connecting themselves to violent ideology -- ideology that has literally created death and murder for blacks and jews in the past

you are defending them.

your defense of them isn't the same as you saying "hey nazis are cool mmkay" you're just being willfully ignorant to the significant danger they pose

as a general rule to everyone, there's limits to freedom and liberty.  consistency of "if we let one idea through, we have to let all ideas through" is foolish.

i can't believe anyone here thinks that shrill SJWs and rock throwing is the same as chants of 'blood and soil'

literally beside myself at how obvious it is to me and how hard it is to convince others of the same

So you believe in the limitation of free speech. Isn't that opposite of free speech?  Who gets to decide which ideas are allowed and which are not?

I'm not defending anything these clowns say or do. I will defend their right to say it. 

GO POKES!!!

18 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

13 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

So white supremacists like pizza. I can't like pizza too? Is pizza racist?

This.

6 minutes ago, poke em said:

So you believe in the limitation of free speech. Isn't that opposite of free speech?  Who gets to decide which ideas are allowed and which are not?

I'm not defending anything these clowns say or do. I will defend their right to say it. 

re the first

In a sense, yes.  I believe it is possible to have speech that would undermine the fabric of society as we know it.  We all get to decide which ideas are allowed and which are not.  The current system of government is perfectly equipped to handle cases like these.  For the record, I would not support denying the white supremacists' march.  It just needs to be abundantly clear what their endgame is.  You seem to be prepared to believe they are just another group with just another set of political beliefs.  I am saying they buck the trend, are not just another group, and as such deserve more public condemnation.

You are creating room for belief they are innocent.  Is that a better label for your stance on this thread?  None of your posts have been in defense of their right to express violent ideologies for the sake of free speech.  Their right to express and assemble has never been in doubt nor question.  We're just all appalled but not surprised that a group that necessarily endorses violence to achieve its ends would have one of its own engage in violence.

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

So if Antifa held a rally named "Unite the Left" it would be considered a left wing rally? Therefore making you antifa?

Oh noooo. The Antifa boogey man. I don't know much about them other than the incidents at Berkeley. But if they are willing to stand up to the KKK and other white power groups, they can't be all bad.

16 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

It is the democratic party's policy to divide by any racial, political or economic way possible.   When you are doing that you are going to get people who feel disenfranchised.  Now they aren't the geniuses in the population or the good guys.

They are though a result at least partially of the democratic party's divisive politics.   They have increase the divisive nature of the politics in this country.

Yup, it's always someone else's fault.  I'm pretty confident you feel they are simply exercising their 1st amendment rights...and the battle armor was just for "emphasis". 

And don't hold any of them accountable for their actions, as they were pushed to march in battle armor and use improvised weapons against others because they were so disenfranchised by how things like "affirmative action" took away their ability to succeed in America.  Most of those alt-right protestors would have gone to college if only there weren't unequal laws that provided so many benefits to minorities over whites.  Is it any wonder that the majority of the top 1% of this country are now minorities because of the benefits they were afforded?  In fact, isn't the majority of successful businesses and richest families in America now minorities?

:facepalm:

Poor racist apologist. It must be quite a burden, that mixture of ignorance, stupidity and prejudice you carry. 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism