Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willie Cee

Please Stop Implying - No Home for Aztecs

1 hour ago, StanfordAggie said:

You may very well be right, but the point is that none of this is guaranteed. Soccer City is still going to be on the ballot in 2018. At this point, it looks like MLS plans to award its expansion franchises before the 2018 general election, so Soccer City may be dead on arrival. But MLS could reconsider, and the initiative could pass. In that scenario, the best case for SDSU is that they sheepishly go back to the Soccer City developers and beg to be able to use their stadium. Soccer City could tell them to pound sand, and even if they don't, it will probably be a much smaller stadium than SDSU wants. And even if Soccer City fails, the article in the OP said that the city council has requested additional proposals about what to do the MV property. Maybe they'll like the SDSU proposal the best. Maybe they won't. Maybe some other developer will start making large campaign contributions to some other city council members. Or maybe the council will simply spend years trying to decide what to do with the property with various factions battling back and forth and SDSU is stuck spending millions every year to operate a crumbling stadium. (As one who has spent a fair amount of time in California, this last scenario seems pretty likely, honestly.) So like I said, the premature ejaculation seems weird to me. If I were an SDSU fan, I would want to know what's going to happen if SDSU can't build the stadium it wants at MV.

This post shows how truly clueless you are about San Diego politics.

SC sold their initiative on the fact that it would be the home of SDSU football and that after a few years ownership of the stadium would be transferred to the University. However, FSI withheld significant information from their partner in SDSU in order to carve out the entire remaining space for themselves using the initiative. This is why the CSU admin has openly stated it will never work with FSI again, period. They can try to pass this thing but it will never pass once all the details of this situation are hammered into local voters heads. In fact, it's pretty much already happened locally with a majority of the council members supporting SDSU over FSI based on their reading of the politics. Why do you think SDSU gets to negotiate directly with the Mayor after telling FSI to beat it? Or that those council members are openly looking at selling a plot to SDSU despite the upcoming FS initiative for the same space? You and SDSUfan and everyone else are welcome to your opinions, but I suggest those who watch from afar save themselves the trouble and just watch as SDSU takes over the most valuable plot in San Diego. Cheers.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:54 PM, AztecSU said:

T-shirt fan out here still hoping SDSU never sniffs MV. He likes being wrong, it's the only way to explain why he keeps coming back. 

Holy shit.  He's back.  I thought he wouldn't show his face on one of these topics after pretty much everything he's said has proven to be so far off the mark its comedy.

11 hours ago, k5james said:

Holy shit.  He's back.  I thought he wouldn't show his face on one of these topics after pretty much everything he's said has proven to be so far off the mark its comedy.

HaHa.

Really? What have I said that has been proven “off the mark”?  The only thing that has happened is the city council delaying the vote until November of 2018.  What has SDSU leadership accomplished since then? How has the campus brain trust advanced their cause?  Seriously, go back to your little circlejerk.com website, where no one ever disagrees and you and your 5 bestest buddies can continue to lube each other up.

In the meantime, continue to fight for the privilege to play in Qualcomm because that’s what the SDSU program has come to thanks to campus leadership; PRAYING that the taxpayers in San Diego will continue to subsidize football.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

12 hours ago, AztecSU said:

SC sold their initiative on the fact that it would be the home of SDSU football and that after a few years ownership of the stadium would be transferred to the University. However, FSI withheld significant information from their partner in SDSU in order to carve out the entire remaining space for themselves using the initiative. This is why the CSU admin has openly stated it will never work with FSI again, period. They can try to pass this thing but it will never pass once all the details of this situation are hammered into local voters heads. In fact, it's pretty much already happened locally with a majority of the council members supporting SDSU over FSI based on their reading of the politics. Why do you think SDSU gets to negotiate directly with the Mayor after telling FSI to beat it? Or that those council members are openly looking at selling a plot to SDSU despite the upcoming FS initiative for the same space? You and SDSUfan and everyone else are welcome to your opinions, but I suggest those who watch from afar save themselves the trouble and just watch as SDSU takes over the most valuable plot in San Diego. Cheers.

SDSU is attempting to negotiate a lease extension, to a facility they have long maintained is bad for the team, with the mayor, who at this point is disinclined to provide one. They are negotiating nothing else. As to the council, what exactly are they supporting?  They don't know because there isn't anything to support.  In addition It is illegal for the council to take a stand for or against citizen initiatives.  It is illegal for the council to take any action that would preclude the implementation of the citizens initiative should it pass. Further, the MV community plan by rule must, and has factored in Soccer City.

The best case scenario at this point for SDSU is that they can continue to play in The Dumpster for the next decade or so. Phucking Brilliant!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

51 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

HaHa.

Really? What have I said that has been proven “off the mark”?  The only thing that has happened is the city council delaying the vote until November of 2018.  What has SDSU leadership accomplished since then? How has the campus brain trust advanced their cause?  Seriously, go back to your little circlejerk.com website, where no one ever disagrees and you and your 5 bestest buddies can continue to lube each other up.

In the meantime, continue to fight for the privilege to play in Qualcomm because that’s what the SDSU program has come to thanks to campus leadership; PRAYING that the taxpayers in San Diego will continue to subsidize football.

200_s.gif

14 hours ago, StanfordAggie said:

Lol! I love the way that you've been the laughingstock of this conference for most of its existence but suddenly decide that you're too good for the MWC

Laughingstock fer shur. That would be because we've won more championships in the conference than any school except BYU including more in men's hoops than anybody.

As for football, we were such a laughingstock that we finished last in the Mountain West . . . . . . . . . . .

Once, which tied us with Wyoming for that honor in 2008. Speaking of which, in order to educate yourself about MWC laughingstocks you might want to check how many times Wyoming, UNLV and UNM have finished last in football.

Has the fall semester started yet for your woodshop classes in the converted K-Mart?

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 hours ago, StanfordAggie said:

You may very well be right, but the point is that none of this is guaranteed. Soccer City is still going to be on the ballot in 2018. At this point, it looks like MLS plans to award its expansion franchises before the 2018 general election, so Soccer City may be dead on arrival. But MLS could reconsider, and the initiative could pass. In that scenario, the best case for SDSU is that they sheepishly go back to the Soccer City developers and beg to be able to use their stadium. Soccer City could tell them to pound sand, and even if they don't, it will probably be a much smaller stadium than SDSU wants. And even if Soccer City fails, the article in the OP said that the city council has requested additional proposals about what to do the MV property. Maybe they'll like the SDSU proposal the best. Maybe they won't. Maybe some other developer will start making large campaign contributions to some other city council members. Or maybe the council will simply spend years trying to decide what to do with the property with various factions battling back and forth and SDSU is stuck spending millions every year to operate a crumbling stadium. (As one who has spent a fair amount of time in California, this last scenario seems pretty likely, honestly.) So like I said, the premature ejaculation seems weird to me. If I were an SDSU fan, I would want to know what's going to happen if SDSU can't build the stadium it wants at MV.

Is your wife going to attend the Stanford/SDSU game in San Diego this year?

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Laughingstock fer shur. That would be because we've won more championships in the conference than any school except BYU including more in men's hoops than anybody.

As for football, we were such a laughingstock that we finished last in the Mountain West . . . . . . . . . . .

Once, which tied us with Wyoming for that honor in 2008. Speaking of which, in order to educate yourself about MWC laughingstocks you might want to check how many times Wyoming, UNLV and UNM have finished last in football.

Has the fall semester started yet for your woodshop classes in the converted K-Mart?

You know that you're a real powerhouse when the best you've got is, "We've only finished last once." I bet the Big 12 is jizzing their pants knowing that you've only finished last one time. You guys are ready to challenge the zoobies for the title of "fan base that thinks they are Notre Dame despite having never accomplished anything," and that's really saying something. Beat South Alabama a couple times before you decide you're too good for the MWC.

15 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Well, I hope it works out for you. I would argue that the results on the last presidential election shows that predicting the results of elections is a dangerous game. So if SDSU is just assuming that 1) Soccer City won't pass, and 2) the city council will sell the land to SDSU if it doesn't pass, that seems like a pretty big gamble. If I were an SDSU supporter, I would want to know what the plan is if the efforts to acquire the MV property are unsuccessful.

1 minute ago, StanfordAggie said:

You know that you're a real powerhouse when the best you've got is, "We've only finished last once." I bet the Big 12 is jizzing their pants knowing that you've only finished last one time. You guys are ready to challenge the zoobies for the title of "fan base that thinks they are Notre Dame despite having never accomplished anything," and that's really saying something. Beat South Alabama a couple times before you decide you're too good for the MWC.

Haters down to their last 1 or 2 arguments. Notice how he never talks about USU though...you know that football team that has nightmares about the super below average Aztecs. 

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

SDSU is attempting to negotiate a lease extension, to a facility they have long maintained is bad for the team, with the mayor, who at this point is disinclined to provide one. They are negotiating nothing else. As to the council, what exactly are they supporting?  They don't know because there isn't anything to support.  In addition It is illegal for the council to take a stand for or against citizen initiatives.  It is illegal for the council to take any action that would preclude the implementation of the citizens initiative should it pass. Further, the MV community plan by rule must, and has factored in Soccer City.

The best case scenario at this point for SDSU is that they can continue to play in The Dumpster for the next decade or so. Phucking Brilliant!

What are they supporting? Anything Aztecs...lol, it burns you up so bad. Love it. 

You are closer to the truth than you know. My little birdies are telling me the Q may simply get a face lift (new seating, removal of upper tier, etc). 

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

So, I haven't read any of this thread, but when exactly is SDSU going to be getting a stadium to play their home games? Thanks in advance.

4-5 years. Just in time for us to leave

1 hour ago, American Power said:

I DO think SDSU is PAC16 bound

Id say SDSU, UNLV, Hawaii, & one of:

Fresno State

Boise St

New Mexico

The only 4 that actually make sense are BYU, CSU, SDSU, and UNLV. It won't happen though, ever, so not worth talking about.