Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willie Cee

Please Stop Implying - No Home for Aztecs

6 minutes ago, Willie Cee said:

SDSU mulls interim takeover of Qualcomm Stadium

Sounds like it's all figured out. ?

And for what it's worth, I don't think anyone had implied that the aztecs don't have a home after 2018...rather, it had been explicitly stated. See? Isnt that better?

SDSU and Aztec Football are attached at the hip. SDSU is the third or fourth leading economic driver and the oldest local institution in the city (estimated economic impact is over 2 billion per year) with an expanded campus, this impact could more than double. Point being this; No politician will ever allow Aztec Football to be harmed because it would harm SDSU. The solution is not clear, just that there WILL be a solution. All of the red herrings thrown about implying a lack of satisfactory playing options for the Aztecs is simply that, a red herring. 

1 hour ago, Willie Cee said:

SDSU and Aztec Football are attached at the hip. SDSU is the third or fourth leading economic driver and the oldest local institution in the city (estimated economic impact is over 2 billion per year) with an expanded campus, this impact could more than double. Point being this; No politician will ever allow Aztec Football to be harmed because it would harm SDSU. The solution is not clear, just that there WILL be a solution. All of the red herrings thrown about implying a lack of satisfactory playing options for the Aztecs is simply that, a red herring. 

SDSU and Aztec Football are attached at the hip

Image result for like lamb and tuna fish

The title is the worst ever, but it's clear that SDSU and the  Cal State Chancellor's office are now putting the wheels in motion to just take over the entire stadium and property as is because that is really the best way to save money given their resources and the opportunity.

It will happen but the public process in California is drawn out.  The best part is how it makes the mayor look like a dope.

5 hours ago, Willie Cee said:

I don't think they will have a problem finding a place to play, but why would losing Aztec football harm SDSU?  I don't see Aztec football being a big economic driver and it would surprise me if they even make a dollar for the university.  

13 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

I don't think they will have a problem finding a place to play, but why would losing Aztec football harm SDSU?  I don't see Aztec football being a big economic driver and it would surprise me if they even make a dollar for the university.  

It's only a matter of time before San Diego begins rehashing the option of dropping football all together. It's an afterthought to their fan base now that they've had short-term success, but less than a decade ago it wasn't so far-fetched.

SAN DIEGO UNION TRIBUNE

A no-win situation: It's time to drop football at SDSU

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-1s28azcoment004126-no-headline-2008dec28-story,amp.html

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

5 hours ago, Willie Cee said:

Well, the local exonomic impact is $62 million, but close. 

4 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Well, the local exonomic impact is $62 million, but close. 

From a 2010 Study:

Return on investment in higher education

According to the report, CSU-related expenditures create a return on investment of $5.43 for every $1 the state invests.

Among the most significant factors in the report is the impact SDSU’s alumni have statewide. Nearly $4.2 billion of the earnings by alumni from San Diego State are attributable to their CSU degrees, which creates an additional $6.5 billion of industry activity throughout the state.

Of SDSU’s more than 200,000 alumni, approximately 60 percent live in San Diego.

In 2007, in a report analyzing SDSU’s local economic impact, the university estimated its total impact to the region was $2.4 billion annually.

The $2.4 billion impact on the region was a decade ago ... the new numbers should be released soon.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

6 minutes ago, HighNTight_SD said:

From a 2010 Study:

The $2.4 billion impact on the region was a decade ago ... the new numbers should be released soon.

The region is California. The impact had not quadrupled since 2007.  

55 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

The region is California. The impact had not quadrupled since 2007.  

I gather math and quantitative reasoning are not your strong suit.

Statewide impact is differentiated from regional impact.

$4.2 billion is the impact of SDSU graduates to the state as a whole. 60% of graduates live in San Diego with a relative impact of $2.4 billion on the region.

This does not even take into account the regional share of the additional $6.5 billion in industry activity created by SDSU graduates statewide.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, HighNTight_SD said:

I gather math and quantitative reasoning are not your strong suit.

Statewide impact is differentiated from regional impact.

$4.2 billion is the impact of SDSU graduates to the state as a whole. 60% of graduates live in San Diego with a relative impact of $2.4 million on the region.

This does not even take into account the regional share of the additional $6.5 million in industry activity created by SDSU graduates statewide.

Thank you so much. Saved me the trouble

So let me get this straight... Right now the only option that SDSU has for a stadium after 2018 is to take over their current stadium from the city, which costs $7 million per year to operate and has $90 million in deferred maintenance costs? Maybe that's better than playing in the Coliseum, but it sounds like a short-term band-aid solution at best. And if Soccer City gets approved or if the city decides to sell the property to a different developer, what's SDSU's plan then? It seems kind of premature to be bragging.