Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruininthebay

ON THE FIELD Mountain West v American

^ yup...we do the same.

Memphis is playing South Alabama home-home to recruit Mobile AL. Just like we're playing Georgia State home-home to recruit Atlanta GA.

This deal helps you and it helps us...no down side IMHO.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bruininthebay said:

Speaking of the one team from the Sun Belt not go home and home with...

we have a secret weapon! we're gonna wear Sun Belt patches on our uniforms...USA will go down hard since they can't beat belt teams :-)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

7 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

So you think a 10 win team from last year gets trounced on their homefield by UNM?  That's nuts.

Tulsa is not a 10 win team.  That was last year.  

Yeah, I'm calling my shot.  I think the Fighting Davies are going to a very tough out this year, and off the top of my head I can't remember Tulsa being very good two years in a row.

Just now, Headbutt said:

Yeah, I'm calling my shot.  I think the Fighting Davies are going to a very tough out this year, and off the top of my head I can't remember Tulsa being very good two years in a row.

Tulsa had average years with Kragthorpe (2003-2006), but then had a really good run with Todd Graham from 2007-2010 (35-17). In fact, in his 4 years at Tulsa, they had three 10-win seasons.  Bill Blankenship was mediocre, and Philip Montgomery is was the OC at Baylor from 2008-2014.  If Montgomery has another 10-win season with Tulsa, then he'll get poached. 

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

25 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I guess we'll see.  I have that as a loss for UNM.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

So is saying the USF at SJSU game result is another unknown. SJSU will probably keep it pretty close for a half, a deficit of something like 17-10, following which USF's coaches will scream at the players in the locker room to pull their heads out following which the USF's offense will steamroll the Spartans in the second half. Final score 52-10.

This looks to be a spread v spread game so the actual game time will be long.  SJSU will come back a bit in the second half and USF could make tactical mistakes because they are coached by Charlie Strong.  The real question is whether the spartan's have a defensive front that can be competitive with a USF or a SDSU.

The reports are that SJSU's coach is a bit of Mike Belotti with a dash of Harbaugh so I like the combination of those philosophies.  He's referring to his system as 'Spartan Speed' (Belottti) and he made his entire staff check into the dorms for the first three months (Harbaugh).

I know what Charlie Strong speed looks like...

11 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

This looks to be a spread v spread game so the actual game time will be long.  SJSU will come back a bit in the second half and USF could make tactical mistakes because they are coached by Charlie Strong.  The real question is whether the spartan's have a defensive front that can be competitive with a USF or a SDSU.

The reports are that SJSU's coach is a bit of Mike Belotti with a dash of Harbaugh so I like the combination of those philosophies.  He's referring to his system as 'Spartan Speed' (Belottti) and he made his entire staff check into the dorms for the first three months (Harbaugh).

I know what Charlie Strong speed looks like...

his time at Louisville proves that of you give him a really good team, he can win a lot of games...Taggart gave him a really good team.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I guess we'll see.  I have that as a loss for UNM.

I originally thought that Tulsa would beat them, but then I realized how much production Tulsa lost. Tulsa goes 1-3 OOC, but I respect them for the schedule they play. 

26 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

his time at Louisville proves that of you give him a really good team, he can win a lot of games...Taggart gave him a really good team.

That and the fact SJSU will be coached by a guy so inexperienced that not only has he never before been a HC, he hasn't even been a coordinator = USF curbstomping

Boom goes the dynamite.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:31 PM, Bruininthebay said:

Mountain West is (6-5) against American Athletic

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/mountainwest/americanathletic.shtml

tenor.gif

LMAO

HOUSTON IS 13-2-2 HEAD TO HEAD VERSUS FLORIDA STATE

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2016&team1=Houston&team2=FloridaState

That statistic has nothing to do with relative strength of programs/conferences.

Check RPIs, Massey Ratings, # of NFL Draftees, etc. The two conferences aren't close.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif