Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruininthebay

ON THE FIELD Mountain West v American

Mountain West is (6-5) against American Athletic

Average score: Mountain West  30.3  -  American Athletic  30.3

In bowl games: Mountain West is (2-0) against American Athletic
                 Average score: Mountain West  38.0  -  American Athletic  8.5

Per decade
             W     L     T   Win %    PFPG    PAPG
  2010's     6     5     0    54.5    30.3    30.3

Per year
             W     L     T   Win %    PFPG    PAPG
    2016     2     2     0    50.0    28.3    29.3
    2015     1     2     0    33.3    24.7    26.7
    2014     2     1     0    66.7    31.3    28.3
    2013     1     0     0   100.0    52.0    51.0

All games
2016/12/17  San Diego St   34  -  Houston        10     !! Las Vegas Bowl !! 
2016/10/01  Air Force      28  -  Navy           14                          
2016/09/24  Fresno St      41  -  Tulsa          48  OT                      
2016/09/03  San Jose St    10  -  Tulsa          45                          
2015/12/24  San Diego St   42  -  Cincinnati      7     !! Hawaii Bowl !!    
2015/10/03  Air Force      11  -  Navy           33                          
2015/09/12  New Mexico     21  -  Tulsa          40                          
2014/10/04  Colorado St    42  -  Tulsa          17                          
2014/09/20  UNLV           14  -  Houston        47                          
2014/09/13  Boise St       38  -  Connecticut    21                          
2013/08/29  Fresno St      52  -  Rutgers        51  OT   

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/mountainwest/americanathletic.shtml

Tulsa is 3-1 against the MW.  They carry the rest of the American to just about even against the rest of the MW.  Why did Wyoming foolishly go Home and Home with the Golden Hurricane?

Fresno State over Rutgers by 1 point is a classic.

Aztecs undefeated in Bowl games against the American conference.

This year has a couple matchups that make it look like the American will reclaim the overall series win percentage lead.

8/26 South Florida versus San Jose State appears to be a blow out.  However, it will pit  a young coach against a coach now on the downside of his career named Charlie Strong and he is a master at the ill timed, inexplicable loss.  Personally, I think that Tulsa prepared SJSU's defensive backfield to be ready in the first game of the season and now the Spartans will be at home.   The good news is that South Florida isn't Tulsa so the Spartans have a fighting chance.

9/23  New Mexico @ Tulsa.  The past is probably prelude for the Lobos.  Is this Golden Hurricane homecoming?

10/7 Air Force v Navy - home field advantage appears to be huge in this matchup so I figure the Midshipman are probably winning.

18 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

This year has a couple matchups that make it look like the American will reclaim the overall series win percentage lead.

8/26 South Florida versus San Jose State appears to be a blow out.  However, it will pit  a young coach against a coach now on the downside of his career named Charlie Strong and he is a master at the ill timed, inexplicable loss.  Personally, I think that Tulsa prepared SJSU's defensive backfield to be ready in the first game of the season and now the Spartans will be at home.   The good news is that South Florida isn't Tulsa so the Spartans have a fighting chance.

9/23  New Mexico @ Tulsa.  The past is probably prelude for the Lobos.  Is this Golden Hurricane homecoming?

10/7 Air Force v Navy - home field advantage appears to be huge in this matchup so I figure the Midshipman are probably winning.

UNM will kill Tulsa.  AFA v Navy...only a fool would try and predict this one. 

SJSU/USF?  Another unknown. Probably a USF blowout. 

15 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

Ummm, you're right.  USF isn't Tulsa.  They're going to be much better.  SJSU is getting blown out.

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

So you think a 10 win team from last year gets trounced on their homefield by UNM?  That's nuts.

So is saying the USF at SJSU game result is another unknown. SJSU will probably keep it pretty close for a half, a deficit of something like 17-10, following which USF's coaches will scream at the players in the locker room to pull their heads out following which the USF's offense will steamroll the Spartans in the second half. Final score 52-10.

Boom goes the dynamite.

17 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

Tulsa is 3-1 against the MW.  They carry the rest of the American to just about even against the rest of the MW.  Why did Wyoming foolishly go Home and Home with the Golden Hurricane?

Fresno State over Rutgers by 1 point is a classic.

Aztecs undefeated in Bowl games against the American conference.

Sure Tulsa had an excellent season last year going 10-3 but the three seasons before that were 6-7, 2-10 and 3-9.  Tulsa is by no means a world beater or consistent program. It's anybody's guess as to what either of the teams will look like in 2019 and 2022 when they are scheduled to play.  I see no reason why this isn't a perfectly fine home and home AAC vs MWC matchup.

50 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Sure Tulsa had an excellent season last year going 10-3 but the three seasons before that were 6-7, 2-10 and 3-9.  Tulsa is by no means a world beater or consistent program. It's anybody's guess as to what either of the teams will look like in 2019 and 2022 when they are scheduled to play.  I see no reason why this isn't a perfectly fine home and home AAC vs MWC matchup.

That is really the next for Davie and New Mexico. They haven't beaten anyone of note in their OOC schedule in the 5 years he's been there. It'll be a tough one as Tulsa is going to have a really strong offense and UNM is replacing almost everyone on defese.

Phil Steele projects that Tulsa will put up an average of 36.9 ppg and give up an average of 34.7.

Steele also projects that UNM will put up an average of 35.9 ppg and give up an average of 38.4.

Should be a real pitcher's duel. Over/under of what? 100?

Boom goes the dynamite.

@UofMTigers Keep in mind I'm a UCLA grad and not worried that we will maintain the Pac 12's perfect record against the American on our visit to Memphis this year. When I question the Power status its not indicating a MW die hard in any way.  "My school" isn't at stake here; i'm just interested in a west coast FBS conference not the SEC or Big Ten.  The MW is my side conference.

Tulsa is on the list next to Fresno State of games with no upside for the Bruins.

1 minute ago, Bruininthebay said:

I'm editing that out because we're still on the first page.  Pretty much every other thread goes down that old saw at this point and we might as well try not to go down in flames again right away.

agreed. I'm REALLY looking forward to UCLA @ Memphis...that game will be good for our program.

your QB coach Rip Scherer is a former Memphis HC and you AD is friends with our AD...I'd love to see a home-home hoops series next between our schools.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

We are there to recruit lineman.  This is the annual trip to a place where we can put money on the game to make it interesting and UNLV just ain't doing it for us any more frankly.

Stanford just picks up our front seven and places them five yards forward every play.  It's traumatic.

Tulsa's overtime win over Fresno State really broke that team.  The Bulldogs never really came back from the Golden Hurricane thrashing like the Spartans did.