Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

OT Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliot Suspended 6 Games

Once again the NFL and Roger Goodell have overstepped. If Jerry Jones doesn't appeal this all the way to the Supreme Court he's an idiot!

Cowboys should just forego a few of its premium games this year.  The NFLs declining ratings were taken off life support by Dallas games last year..

Tell the league to go +++++ itself for a while.

Hell hath no fury like a scorned Jerry Jones, and I'd fully support all measures to go to war with the NFL, including a one team strike...

New-Signature.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Cowboys should just forego a few of its premium games this year.  The NFLs declining ratings were taken off life support by Dallas games last year..

Hell hath no fury like a scorned Jerry Jones, and I'd fully support all measures to go to war with the NFL, including a one team strike...

Did you see the Cowboys statement? In a nutshell they are going to release the evidence. Text messages between the girlfriend and her friends asking them to lie. Affidavits from her friends that say she told Zeke she was going to ruin his career. Phuck Goodell. I hope Jerry embarrasses him and the NFL.

The media is already releasing stuff. Too bad they didn't do it before today.

http://dailysnark.com/released-text-messages-show-ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-lying-set-domestic-violence/

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Once again the NFL and Roger Goodell have overstepped. If Jerry Jones doesn't appeal this all the way to the Supreme Court he's an idiot!

How did they overstep?  6 games for domestic violence 1st offense was collectively bargained.  And the NFL doesnt have a 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard.  And there is precedent - Roethlisberger got 6 games even though he was never charged and never went to court when accused of rape.  It was reduced to 4 on appeal, which is what will probably happen here.  The DA had evidence - just not enough to go to court with.  The same DA the Cowboys are hanging their defense on.  Jones dont give a shit what happened - he's protecting his investment.  He's done it before.

11 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Did you see the Cowboys statement? In a nutshell they are going to release the evidence. Text messages between the girlfriend and her friends asking them to lie. Affidavits from her friends that say she told Zeke she was going to ruin his career. Phuck Goodell. I hope Jerry embarrasses him and the NFL.

http://dailysnark.com/released-text-messages-show-ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-lying-set-domestic-violence/

None of which is evidence that something did or didnt happen.  It was enough, however, to keep it from going to trial. 

Robert S. Tobias, the principal assistant city attorney in Columbus, Ohio, later told USA Today that he couldn't conclude exactly what happened between Elliott and the woman but that he believed a series of violent interactions occurred. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Fu/ck the NFL, and bring it to its knees.

I hope it becomes total war.  Choose a side...

Goodell fired, Mara removed from his internal position (then executed), total restructure of discipline process..

New-Signature.jpg

6 minutes ago, RSF said:

How did they overstep?  6 games for domestic violence 1st offense was collectively bargained.  And the NFL doesnt have a 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard.  And there is precedent - Roethlisberger got 6 games even though he was never charged and never went to court when accused of rape.  It was reduced to 4 on appeal, which is what will probably happen here.  The DA had evidence - just not enough to go to court with.  The same DA the Cowboys are hanging their defense on.  Jones dont give a shit what happened - he's protecting his investment.  He's done it before.

None of which is evidence that something did or didnt happen.  It was enough, however, to keep it from going to trial. 

Robert S. Tobias, the principal assistant city attorney in Columbus, Ohio, later told USA Today that he couldn't conclude exactly what happened between Elliott and the woman but that he believed a series of violent interactions occurred. 

So you're ok with suspending a player for nothing? The text messages tell the story. The affidavits from her friends to the police tell the story. She was pissed that Elliot broke it off with her and wanted to get even. It's now open season on NFL players. Any crazy chick with an axe to grind now has a perfect way to screw a players career. I'm with @Jeffkills on this. The Cowboys should tell the NFL to phuck off and refuse to play the remainder of their preseason games, while dragging the NFL through the courts.

31 minutes ago, sean327 said:

So you're ok with suspending a player for nothing? The text messages tell the story. The affidavits from her friends to the police tell the story. She was pissed that Elliot broke it off with her and wanted to get even. It's now open season on NFL players. Any crazy chick with an axe to grind now has a perfect way to screw a players career. I'm with @Jeffkills on this. The Cowboys should tell the NFL to phuck off and refuse to play the remainder of their preseason games, while dragging the NFL through the courts.

there might be some innocent players caught up in the NFL's policy, but in instances of domestic violence I'll side with the victim.  That shit has to stop.  Plus, its only football.  If the girlfriend is lying, then let this be a hard lesson for Ezekial to make better choices about who's he's hanging out with.

22 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

there might be some innocent players caught up in the NFL's policy, but in instances of domestic violence I'll side with the victim.  That shit has to stop.  Plus, its only football.  If the girlfriend is lying, then let this be a hard lesson for Ezekial to make better choices about who's he's hanging out with.

If he's suspended based upon taking somebody's word for what happened, then that's a shame in my opinion.  If they can prove he abused her, then I'm all for the suspension.  Just taking people's word without proof is a slippery slope.

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

Now you kind of know how Patriots fans felt last year. Roger Goodell's tendnacies are on display here once again. Goodell needs to go. 

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

He wasnt suspended for nothing.  Again, the evidence is there to suggest something happened - just not enough to convict.  Like the prosecutor said.  But what does he know.

And I hate to break the news to you but it's been open season on NFL players for decades. This case doesn't change that, especially since she didn't get anything from him.  And the only person screwing Elliott's career is Elliott. This case is just one of a litany of imbroglios he's had in the last couple years.  The bar fight a couple weeks ago where everybody suddenly disappeared being just the latest.  Support for Elliott down these parts is far from Universal.

Yeah...the Cowboys will boycott.  Because they are that stupid and Jones got to be a billionaire by throwing away money.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

This is over one incident, the suspension includes all the incidents that Elliott has been involved with this offseason. The bar fight, the domestic incident, two other incidents involving him and his girlfriend. This isn't over just one incident which the Cowboys believe it involves the series of incidents that Elliott has been involved with which violates the personal conduct policy of the NFL. 

Elliott has 10 days to file his appeal at which time the appeal will be heard 3 days after that. Cowboys knew he was going to get suspended and were preparing for it. The thing that got Jones panties in a bunch is it was more than the Cowboys thought it was going to be.

6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

This is over one incident, the suspension includes all the incidents that Elliott has been involved with this offseason. The bar fight, the domestic incident, two other incidents involving him and his girlfriend. This isn't over just one incident which the Cowboys believe it involves the series of incidents that Elliott has been involved with which violates the personal conduct policy of the NFL. 

Elliott has 10 days to file his appeal at which time the appeal will be heard 3 days after that. Cowboys knew he was going to get suspended and were preparing for it. The thing that got Jones panties in a bunch is it was more than the Cowboys thought it was going to be.

I thought this didn't include the bar fight but did include him pulling a girls top down. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 8/11/2017 at 2:28 PM, madmartigan said:

I thought this didn't include the bar fight but did include him pulling a girls top down. 

From my understanding everything that he has done this offseason where taken into consideration by the committee who recommanded the punishment to Goodell. Plus I guess some actions that Elliott also took when being questioned about everything. Everyone is harping on the domestic case but this encompasses much more than that one incident.

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

From my understanding everything that he has done this offseason where taken into consideration by the committee who recommanded the punishment to Goodell. Plus I guess some actions that Elliott also took when being questioned about everything. Everyone is harping on the domestic case but this encompasses much more than that one incident.

No it doesnt. Only the St Patrick Day incident was included, and it didnt change anything.

59 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

Yeah, they can just go play teams in Canada.  That'll show everybody.

You saying it wouldn't?  Might fu/cking collapse the league.

If shit hit the fan, you don't think Jerry and his consorts wouldn't disconnect from the NFL, similar to the P5 split to form a new league?

The NFL needs the Cowboys...  We haven't won shit in two decades, but look at the ratings throughout the period...

New-Signature.jpg

3 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

You saying it wouldn't?  Might fu/cking collapse the league.

If shit hit the fan, you don't think Jerry and his consorts wouldn't disconnect from the NFL, similar to the P5 split to form a new league?

The NFL needs the Cowboys...  We haven't won shit in two decades, but look at the ratings throughout the period...

Dumbest post of the year. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."