Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalBasher

Bowl projections!

4 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Csu is a joke. Last years potato bowl was a pillow fight. 

Put down the crack pipe and get yourself together pal.  BSU is nothing more than very competitive in the MWC.  You're no longer dominant.  You shit the bed every year against other MWC teams because they're now as good as BSU.  Take a little hit of reality.

49 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Idaho would have no shot beating bsu. Line would be closer to 21. 

What. The. F***. ??? ? Of course they would have a shot at beating you. Wake up, this isn't 2010 bro-ski. You haven't even been winning your division. Even FCS schools have been beating P5's a few times in most years. It would obviously come down to how well each of your seasons went. This is probably the best team Idaho has ever fielded, although the Enderle led team about 5 years ago was pretty good. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

What. The. F***. ??? ? Of course they would have a shot at beating you. Wake up, this isn't 2010 bro-ski. You haven't even been winning your division. Even FCS schools have been beating P5's a few times in most years. It would obviously come down to how well each of your seasons went. This is probably the best team Idaho has ever fielded, although the Enderle led team about 5 years ago was pretty good. 

It's Idaho numnuts. No way in hell they beat bsu. Just talking about a possible matchup is stupid. Their ceiling is the potato bowl. If bsu plays in that shit bowl coaches and the ad will be fired. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I rarely agree with you, but that would be something to see. And this is a Vandal team that could do it. I'm sure they would be something like 7 points dogs to Boise, but that's nothing. If they did beat Boise @ Boise, that would be most epic case of Vandalism ever perpetrated against the Donks.

Lol 7 pt underdogs. Troy is supposed to be monumentally better than Idaho (according to everybody) and is 12 1/2 point underdogs. An odds maker, you are not. Doesn't matter because it won't happen anyway. 

This thread is funny. I actually root for Idaho, and enjoyed watching them in the Potato Bowl. But, factually speaking, Idaho has decided to relegate themselves to a lower level. Thus, they are losing visibility, and over the next few years, their talent level will drastically diminish. I am not sure why Vandal is starting fights that cannot be won long term.

20 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Not to worry. Knowing Craig Thompson, he'll figure out a way to get Wyoming matched up with another MWC team in the Arizona Bowl.

It is sadder that I think he'd figure a way to get manipulated by another commissioner and a MWC team is left out completely.

23 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I've always hoped this league could get a better game than the LV Bowl, or increase the LV Bowl payout to a more appropriate amount for the champion here.

I think once the Raiders stadium is built, if the Vegas Bowl moves there it will grow greatly in stature and payout. However, if that happens, it likely gets taken away from the MWC.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

11 hours ago, fanhood said:

This thread is funny. I actually root for Idaho, and enjoyed watching them in the Potato Bowl. But, factually speaking, Idaho has decided to relegate themselves to a lower level. Thus, they are losing visibility, and over the next few years, their talent level will drastically diminish. I am not sure why Vandal is starting fights that cannot be won long term.

I predict the vandals will be competitive in the Big Sky and football will matter in Moscow again after a 2 decade sabbatical. The Kibbie Dome is actually a pretty fun environment when it is filled.

2 hours ago, Mano said:

I think once the Raiders stadium is built, if the Vegas Bowl moves there it will grow greatly in stature and payout. However, if that happens, it likely gets taken away from the MWC.

Yep, that's the problem.  I'm saying, back in the day before the band broke up, I always felt we deserved a better game than that.  Even now I feel like they should get a better game that P12#8 or whatever it is if the team from here doesn't go to the Access Bowl.

There's just not a lot of great bowls out West and those that are decent are owned by the Pac12.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

17 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Lol 7 pt underdogs. Troy is supposed to be monumentally better than Idaho (according to everybody) and is 12 1/2 point underdogs. An odds maker, you are not. Doesn't matter because it won't happen anyway. 

I was looking at Sagarin and he has it currently as a 12 point game on a neutral field.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I predict the vandals will be competitive in the Big Sky and football will matter in Moscow again after a 2 decade sabbatical. The Kibbie Dome is actually a pretty fun environment when it is filled.

LOL, thanks for the neg.

42 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I was looking at Sagarin and he has it currently as a 12 point game on a neutral field.

Sagarin doesn't really mean much until midway into the season and it wouldn't be on a neutral field. It would be on the Blue... and that still isn't 7 points, is it?