Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalBasher

Bowl projections!

I predict SUDS will win the MWC championship and get the best bowl bid. The Las Vegas bowl is the best of the MWC affiliated bowl games, right?

1 hour ago, VandalBasher said:

Considering the Famous Potato Bowl is our Super Bowl, I would request a trade down.

Go Vandals

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2017-18-college-football-bowl-projections-preseason-calls-for-each-of-the-games/

Not to worry. Knowing Craig Thompson, he'll figure out a way to get Wyoming matched up with another MWC team in the Arizona Bowl.

2 hours ago, VandalBasher said:

Considering the Famous Potato Bowl is our Super Bowl, I would request a trade down.

Go Vandals

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2017-18-college-football-bowl-projections-preseason-calls-for-each-of-the-games/

I'm rooting for that Idaho vs BSU Potato Bowl.  I might even fly out for that one.  Oh my god the thought of all the potato tears if Idaho could knock them off in their farewell FBS game...glorious.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Not to worry. Knowing Craig Thompson, he'll figure out a way to get Wyoming matched up with another MWC team in the Arizona Bowl.

And he'll figure out a way to give our slot in the Las Vegas bowl to BYU as well!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

29 minutes ago, sean327 said:

UNM can't play in the NM Bowl 3 straight years.

Sure you can.  Didn't they invent that bowl so you would never be homeless during the bowl season?

3 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

And he'll figure out a way to give our slot in the Las Vegas bowl to BYU as well!

I think the Vegas Bowl makes the decisions regarding that type of stuff, but it's typical of that little wuss Craig Thompson to do nothing.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

25 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Sure you can.  Didn't they invent that bowl so you would never be homeless during the bowl season?

I think the Vegas Bowl makes the decisions regarding that type of stuff, but it's typical of that little wuss Craig Thompson to do nothing.

That's the thing... if the MWC says that the LV Bowl is for our Champion/designate, then we should put everything into it to make it attractive to the highest rated P5 team from what ever P5 conference possible... !

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

29 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I may be wrong but there is language stating that a team may not go to the NM Bowl 3 years in a row.

24 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

That's the thing... if the MWC says that the LV Bowl is for our Champion/designate, then we should put everything into it to make it attractive to the highest rated P5 team from what ever P5 conference possible... !

I've always hoped this league could get a better game than the LV Bowl, or increase the LV Bowl payout to a more appropriate amount for the champion here.

23 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I may be wrong but there is language stating that a team may not go to the NM Bowl 3 years in a row.

You could certainly be right.  I don't know about any rules about that. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 hours ago, k5james said:

I'm rooting for that Idaho vs BSU Potato Bowl.  I might even fly out for that one.  Oh my god the thought of all the potato tears if Idaho could knock them off in their farewell FBS game...glorious.

Brilliant! Potato tears!

I think the actual language of the bowls is Las Vegas Bowl gets the first pick, Potato Bowl gets second pick and then on and such. I don't think they have a guarantee in there that the MWC Championship Game winner gets the Las Vegas Bowl however it usually works that way. However could be wrong about that language.

Also I think they will make a deal with Boise going to an outside bowl if they don't get the Las Vegas Bowl bid

4 hours ago, k5james said:

I rarely agree with you, but that would be something to see. And this is a Vandal team that could do it. I'm sure they would be something like 7 points dogs to Boise, but that's nothing. If they did beat Boise @ Boise, that would be most epic case of Vandalism ever perpetrated against the Donks.

kat.jpg

32 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I rarely agree with you, but that would be something to see. And this is a Vandal team that could do it. I'm sure they would be something like 7 points dogs to Boise, but that's nothing. If they did beat Boise @ Boise, that would be most epic case of Vandalism ever perpetrated against the Donks.

Idaho would have no shot beating bsu. Line would be closer to 21. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

I've always liked Wyoming and wouldn't mind playing them in a bowl.  I'd rather play BSU for obvious reasons or maybe SDSU for shit-talking reasons, but honestly, I'll be happy with any bowl.  Some people like to diss the "lesser" bowls, but it's stupid - everyone likes watching their team play in the post-season.

2 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Idaho would have no shot beating bsu. Line would be closer to 21. 

You're right.  We had no shot against CSU either. 

You're not the biggest kid in the school yard anymore.  Get over it.