Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Is my company messed up?

9 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Perhaps you're the one that caused it.  And now your willingness to find fault in your coworker?  You see it as her causing disharmony with you.  Your employer sees it as her saving a relationship with a customer.  Empathy brotha.  See it from everyone's perspective.  That's valuable to you.

We are through.  I will never trust her again, and I want nothing to do with her.  She was in our conference room this morning, and I'm positive it was to throw me under the bus some more.

11 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

When the meeting partners are late, you hit on the receptionist.  Everyone in business knows this.

Apparently not everybody. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Never piss off the receptionist.  On paper they may be the low person on the totem pole, but in my experience that's one of the most important relationships you have at work.

Por ejemplo.  If you piss off a customer (actually when you piss off a customer, because eventually you'll piss someone off even if you are good at your job).  Said pissed off customer is going to call the main office and ask to talk to your boss and tell him/her what a bastard you are and why you suck.  

If the receptionist really likes you, they'll say the boss is in a meeting, immediately call you and tell you to call the customer and neutralize the situation.  

If they kind of like you, they'll forward the call to the boss but give you a headsup.  

If they don't like you they'll just forward the call to the boss.  

If they hate you they'll forward the call to the boss then proceed to tell the boss how many calls they get saying you suck.

Just like Jester said "you never, ever, leave your wingman", you never, ever piss of the receptionist.

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

We are through.  I will never trust her again, and I want nothing to do with her.  She was in our conference room this morning, and I'm positive it was to throw me under the bus some more.

You have to give someone something to throw you under the bus over.  What did you do?

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You see where your anger with the receptionist has taken things?  Learn from it.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Well that is a good way to make sure you are fired.   As someone pointed out the company probably sees her as someone who saved the account from your ham-handed behavior.   Seriously dude you need to learn to look at things from others perspective, learn forgiveness (although I don't think she did anything wrong).   It has nothing to do with your immediate job but more to do with your life.

22 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

When the meeting partners are late, you hit on the receptionist.  Everyone in business knows this.

Finally, some real world advice. No wonder he has to pay for lay!

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

If I ever own a business (which I plan to) and an employee pulls what my coworker did, they will be fired.  There will be no questions asked.  Snitching will not be a part of my company's culture.

So if somebody is representing your business interests in a poor manner, you don't want somebody to tell you?  You won't be in business very long. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the last thing that should be recommended would be for him, specifically, to hit on the receptionist.

5 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

1 minute ago, SFtoVA said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the last thing that should be recommended would be for him, specifically, to hit on the receptionist.

I'm going to side with SF here. The rest of us, yeah we hit on the receptionist or at least casually flirt with her.  PH would make that awkward and probably have a sexual harassment claim filed against him. 

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I can't believe PH is a year older than I am....

Physically but definitely not mentally 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I can't believe he's the same age as me. Isn't he like 28-29? 

Jesus Christ. 

He's 27

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I'm going to side with SF here. The rest of us, yeah we hit on the receptionist or at least casually flirt with her.  PH would make that awkward and probably have a sexual harassment claim filed against him. 

Well, I meant for....you know.....regular type dudes. 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Have you tried sending the receptionist a dick pick to get back on her good side and smooth the situation over?

That's bad advice.  Don't do that PH. 

49 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That's bad advice.  Don't do that PH. 

I like how Mug is running around trying to stick his fingers in the bad advice dike that is springing leaks left and right.