Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

Airport meeting 1/1/2018

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

Fishing in Reno is always good. They seem to hate the topic the most- along with WHYome fan. Everyone else seems resigned to their FCS fate

I'm fine with that. Outside of my control. 

But back on topic... How sad is your life? Need conversation much?

1 hour ago, ole blu dude said:

Two schools scheduled for this new conference do not have on campus football stadiums, one is ranked 117th for wins against FBS schools over the last 5 seasons.

BYU will never join this upstart conference, they have little to gain.

I did see Boise Bob having dinner with our new lady president, with others at the Elements some time ago, so perhaps something is up.

Perhaps the Mountain division is looking to join the AAC and form a mountain time zone branch.

Wyoming, CSU, AFA,USU, BSU,and New Mexico just might make a good division.

Two of the six just need a few strong seasons and will be legitimate contenders for the Big12, after realignment occurs that is. One has been campaigning and another has one foot already in the door.

I would add BSU to that list but they're not rated academically in national rankings (i.e., getting a degree at BSU is like pulling one out of a Cracker Jack box).

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

The obvious problem of who is actually representing SDSU at this meeting makes it completely impossible because what administrator in the Cal State system wants to put their career on the line by going to a meeting that would probably be looked down upon by the actual guy in charge, the system wide Chancellor.  Last time the other schools had the meeting and then invited SDSU because it avoided Cal State internal politics but I still think that it would be hard for SDSU to leave its fellow Cal State campuses for a conference that isn't in the autonomous group of FBS (look Power 5 is just as stupid as Power 6 because they are meaningless phrases only used in the press).  A best of the rest is just so marginally better that the pain in the ass isn't worth it.

Cal sucks too but you don't hear UCLA fans going on and on about it; we know that little brother can't choose who big brother is.  We talk about how much we hate USC but those always manage to be the example of scum bag administrations (just recently the Medical school ; SDSU should spend a lot more time pointing out that USC is scared to play them and a lot less time worrying about how older campuses are doing in athletics at the moment.

The Aztecs actually look good this year.  Start setting your sights higher than the whipping boys of the MW West.

4 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

@McCarran

attendees 

Boise

Byu

Colorado State

New Mexico

San Diego State

Unlv

Everyone else is SOL

Is this the Mexican Mormon league?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

9 hours ago, Headbutt said:

One freaking stupid post!!!

Everyone knows that airport meetings have to happen in Denver.

Jeeebus!!

And if Dre really wants CSU in this new conference, an airport meeting is obviously the wrong way to go about it. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

10 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

@McCarran

attendees 

Boise

Byu

Colorado State

New Mexico

San Diego State

Unlv

Everyone else is SOL

If Wyoming isn't invited to the meeting there will be no funnel cakes to snack on.

Dre effectively just trolled all of you by getting a response. Now he is not only +++++ing your mothers, but is nailing your sisters as well. I think he is making videos to provide too.

But to the point, the MW is starting to get its feet underneath it, after being completely destroyed with the losses of TCU, Utah, and BYU. The promising thing is, the Mountain Division literally has five teams that could win the division, has very solid QB play, and has coached that appear to be in it for the long haul. This will breed further competition and success. Meanwhile, the West Division is down, but programs like Fresno State, and Hawaii historically have played at a high level so you would assume that they will eventually be back up near the top of the conference. I think this is the season that competitively, the MW makes strides.

Regarding expansion, or relegation in this case, I think it is important for the MW to vote SJSU out of the league. They simply do not invest in their program, have very little history of success in Football or Basketball, and have always been a also-ran, with the exception of a few years here and there. I would first offer BYU a position back in the conference as a full member. They would likely say no. Once that happens, we should offer one of the Texas schools such as North Texas, or UTSA. Both programs have strong upside, and bring a Texas program back into the fold. If you remember, TCU was hardly a power when they joined the MW back in 2005. 

I would then make a determination as to whether Hawaii should be a full member. If the Board of Directors (and Hawaii) decide that they should be a full-member, it should happen. If not, Hawaii should simply go Independent. Hawaii is one of the few programs that could make this work, and could further develop their brand. As long as Rolo keeps building the program, and sticks around, Hawaii could play big games early and late in the year, and have a scheduling agreement with the MW for the middle of the season.

The MW could then invite BYU again. If BYU says no as expected, the MW should invite UTEP, or one of the other Texas schools that was mentioned. 

Now, Dre can go start +++++ing your wives. 

16 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

His stupidity has already been awarded by being the No. 1 TROLL in the 2017 TROLL Derby.

Back on topic though. Airport meeting attendees will include:

CSU Sacramento 

CSU San Diego (TBD...still waiting on a stadium)

UC Davis

Cal Poly 

Portland State

Eastern Washington 

Troll post, nothing more. Even Dre isn't stupid enough to want Wyoming replaced by any of the above losers.

6 hours ago, fanhood said:

Dre effectively just trolled all of you by getting a response. Now he is not only +++++ing your mothers, but is nailing your sisters as well. I think he is making videos to provide too.

But to the point, the MW is starting to get its feet underneath it, after being completely destroyed with the losses of TCU, Utah, and BYU. The promising thing is, the Mountain Division literally has five teams that could win the division, has very solid QB play, and has coached that appear to be in it for the long haul. This will breed further competition and success. Meanwhile, the West Division is down, but programs like Fresno State, and Hawaii historically have played at a high level so you would assume that they will eventually be back up near the top of the conference. I think this is the season that competitively, the MW makes strides.

Regarding expansion, or relegation in this case, I think it is important for the MW to vote SJSU out of the league. They simply do not invest in their program, have very little history of success in Football or Basketball, and have always been a also-ran, with the exception of a few years here and there. I would first offer BYU a position back in the conference as a full member. They would likely say no. Once that happens, we should offer one of the Texas schools such as North Texas, or UTSA. Both programs have strong upside, and bring a Texas program back into the fold. If you remember, TCU was hardly a power when they joined the MW back in 2005. 

I would then make a determination as to whether Hawaii should be a full member. If the Board of Directors (and Hawaii) decide that they should be a full-member, it should happen. If not, Hawaii should simply go Independent. Hawaii is one of the few programs that could make this work, and could further develop their brand. As long as Rolo keeps building the program, and sticks around, Hawaii could play big games early and late in the year, and have a scheduling agreement with the MW for the middle of the season.

The MW could then invite BYU again. If BYU says no as expected, the MW should invite UTEP, or one of the other Texas schools that was mentioned. 

Now, Dre can go start +++++ing your wives. 

Hawaii in my opinion needs to remain in the MWC. Too much history with the old WAC members. UNM, SDSU, CSU, WYO, AFA. I would hate to see them go Indy.

Full membership doesn't make financial sense for Hawaii and it would hurt their athletic department. Throw a bone to them and kill the stupid travel subsidy.

Guest Dr. Dre

BIG 16

East

• Baylor
  • Cincinnati
  • Houston
  • Iowa State
  • Memphis
  • UCF
  • USF
  • West Virginia

West

• Boise State
  • BYU
  • Colorado State
  • Unlv
  • New Mexico
  • Kansas State
  • San Diego State
  • TCU

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, VandalBasher said:

That is what this is about: Dre is jealous of TCU.  Hey fuch stik, ain't never happening.  Your team will continue to own FSU and SJSU.

enjoy FCS

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, VandalBasher said:

That is what this is about: Dre is jealous of TCU.  Hey fuch stik, ain't never happening.  Your team will continue to own FSU and SJSU.

it's gonna be so glorious around here when it does. even better than running train on your wife

Guest Dr. Dre
20 hours ago, AztecSU said:

It's a start but I just don't think BYU will ever be in a conference for FB again. 

yes they will- a BOR with us. brings them back in play for a NY6/playoff payoff