Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

Season Ticket Sales

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I understand what you're saying brother but putting this into context, I've never heard of another school lumping their student section in with the season ticket holder numbers when discussing "season ticket sales" and a vast majority of this rest of this community that isn't attached to CSU hasn't either. Yes, of course each school does take into account student allocation and attendance when communicating to the public how many seats are available but when an AD or head of events and facilities is asked about season ticket sales, they're not going to make a statement that merges in students.

So all this said, CSU in actuality has 15,000+ season tickets sold to the general public and that's what this thread is about. The joke came along because two season ago a similar thread was started and a notorious TCSUF (not you of course) was waving their dick around about CSU selling ~25,000 season tickets, which would have put the Rams at the top of the MWC. It was only after a few WTF replies and deeper digging that we found out this particular TCSUF was lumping students in with the season ticket sales. So net net, when examined using comparable metrics, the true numbers put CSU somewhere in the middle of the MWC that season. So when comparing apples to apples on a thread like this, season ticket sales should exclude student tickets. 

And for the record, you're a good guy and an excellent Rams fan. None of us lump you in with the TCSUF crowd. 

Yeah, I get what the thread is about.  I was kind of going in a different direction with it.  Just stating that while they are not and should not be counted in the total, student tickets are indeed a form of season ticket.

Thanks.

As for my reply to @Nevada Convert I'm wondering what he thinks CSU does different than any other school.  We count tickets sold to the general public and add in BITS for the students.  It's pretty much the standard for every school, including his own.

1 hour ago, jimjam said:

I've been to your erector set stadium.

Partially. The east lower level and the west side are pretty much all concrete. Boise and NV have pretty much the exact same large 'erector set' section at one endzone. The second deck on the east side is similar, as is the small north section. If they chose to spend money on covering up the supports underneath those sections, you wouldn't even be talking about it.

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Let's be perfectly clear here.  IMO, and not necessarily CSU's, student tickets should be recognized as a form of season ticket and I've been pretty clear why.  I'm not just talking CSU, but every team including even Wyoming.  The prepaid student ticket does have an impact on the traditional season ticket number, and it needs to be taken into account but adjusted for it's actual usage.  

I'm not aware of any university, including CSU that counts those student tickets as season tickets.  In fact they are season tickets, but are not counted as part of the traditional measure and probably shouldn't be.

CSU does not report those seats as season tickets.  Every school should report season tickets sold, plus student season tickets used.  That is the most honest way to address it.  Wyo reports it this way, CSU reports it this way, damn near ever school that sets aside "free" student tickets does it this way.  I don't understand why there is confusion on this.  It's pretty straightforward.

I honestly don't know for sure, but I think Wyo reports BITS as attendance.  I'm a season ticket holder and if my tickets aren't scanned, I don't think they count for that game.  But that's neither here nor there to this discussion.

Wyo charges all student fees and students show or don't show.  There are sections reserved for the students and those seats never go on sale to the general public.  Students don't reserve tickets.  They show, their student IDs are scanned and that counts for attendance.  Students don't show, those seats are empty for the game.

I think the correct and most ethical way to count attendance is BITS.  Season tickets holders that are no shows should not count towards attendance.  They weren't there.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

34 minutes ago, Scooter said:

It's all BUTTHURT.  We have the best student representation in the conference by far and many on this board seem to have a problem with that.

Damn Scoots ... I've missed you! 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, I get what the thread is about.  I was kind of going in a different direction with it.  Just stating that while they are not and should not be counted in the total, student tickets are indeed a form of season ticket.

Thanks.

As for my reply to @Nevada Convert I'm wondering what he thinks CSU does different than any other school.  We count tickets sold to the general public and add in BITS for the students.  It's pretty much the standard for every school, including his own.

I don't know how I can make it more clear. You should never ever use "season tickets" to describe your student section. 

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I don't know how I can make it more clear. You should never ever use "season tickets" to describe your student section. 

I don't know how I can make it more clear.  We don't use season tickets to describe our student section, nor do we count our student seats as sold tickets.

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I honestly don't know for sure, but I think Wyo reports BITS as attendance.  I'm a season ticket holder and if my tickets aren't scanned, I don't think they count for that game.  But that's neither here nor there to this discussion.

Wyo charges all student fees and students show or don't show.  There are sections reserved for the students and those seats never go on sale to the general public.  Students don't reserve tickets.  They show, their student IDs are scanned and that counts for attendance.  Students don't show, those seats are empty for the game.

I think the correct and most ethical way to count attendance is BITS.  Season tickets holders that are no shows should not count towards attendance.  They weren't there.

I would agree with you, but I'm fairly sure most schools count them the way I described.  Maybe not, my tickets get scanned at each game as well.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

I would agree with you, but I'm fairly sure most schools count them the way I described.  Maybe not, my tickets get scanned at each game as well.

Most schools scan to see if they are real, but report distributed tickets.  Some Nevada fans say they don't but there has been enough recent evidence to suggest most here (and nationally) report distributed.

EmptySeatsGalore makes a living off of showing the discrepancy between reported and the eyeballs.

50 minutes ago, Scooter said:

When you're a truck driver from the trucking college then yes, what you say is true.

Undoubtedly! 

Quick question ... do you predict the 0.00003 season ticket holder to Denver market alumni ratio to increase in future years? If so, will that result in a stadium expansion beyond 32,000? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Undoubtedly! 

Quick question ... do you predict the 0.00003 season ticket holder to Denver market alumni ratio increase in future years? If so, will that result in a stadium expansion beyond 32,000? 

There has been so little of the TCSUF and your back and forth. I've missed it. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

You are correct, most schools count season ticket holders as attendance. That is why I have no trouble with someone if they counted their student section as sold out if the school charges them a fee for athletic events, plus what the hell difference does it make, a number is not that important what counts is how much money is taken in.

17 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

You are correct, most schools count season ticket holders as attendance. That is why I have no trouble with someone if they counted their student section as sold out if the school charges them a fee for athletic events, plus what the hell difference does it make, a number is not that important what counts is how much money is taken in.

I think the difference is when those numbers are used as a comparison between schools.  And then of course, the NCAA thinks up rules for minimum attendance.  Then it becomes real.

22 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I think the difference is when those numbers are used as a comparison between schools.  And then of course, the NCAA thinks up rules for minimum attendance.  Then it becomes real.

I understand, but when was the last time someone got put in a lower division because of attendance ?  I think fans like us worry about it a lot more than we should, I fall in the same group as everyone else, but it is only important if you do not gain enough revenue to continue.

2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

My biggest gripe about the late games is that I can't stay sober that long. End up missing the 4th Qtr. 

No no no, you get super drunk before the game, and sober up as it goes along. Especially in November when it's really cold. (That's how we made it through the UNM game at Hughes last year).

7 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

No no no, you get super drunk before the game, and sober up as it goes along. Especially in November when it's really cold. (That's how we made it through the UNM game at Hughes last year).

Can't remember the kickoff but you get to see the winning score to end the game :)

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

So let me get this straight. You went to 1 game at Mackay over 11 years ago, and based on that one experience, you've stereotyped what Nevada student support has been and is today?  I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume you're just joking. 

I'm not joking.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

On what basis do you make this claim? USU gets around 8k students to each game. We don't count those towards season tix. 

I don't count student tix towards season tickets.  I never have.  I simply said we have the best student representation at games.  Which is true.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Just now, Scooter said:

I don't count student tix towards season tickets.  I never have.

Perhaps you should.  I've heard that CSU has the greatest student turnout and game-time experience in Div 1 football.