Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

Season Ticket Sales

44 minutes ago, pokebball said:

See headbutts posts above

Let's be perfectly clear here.  IMO, and not necessarily CSU's, student tickets should be recognized as a form of season ticket and I've been pretty clear why.  I'm not just talking CSU, but every team including even Wyoming.  The prepaid student ticket does have an impact on the traditional season ticket number, and it needs to be taken into account but adjusted for it's actual usage.  

I'm not aware of any university, including CSU that counts those student tickets as season tickets.  In fact they are season tickets, but are not counted as part of the traditional measure and probably shouldn't be.

CSU does not report those seats as season tickets.  Every school should report season tickets sold, plus student season tickets used.  That is the most honest way to address it.  Wyo reports it this way, CSU reports it this way, damn near ever school that sets aside "free" student tickets does it this way.  I don't understand why there is confusion on this.  It's pretty straightforward.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Let's be perfectly clear here.  IMO, and not necessarily CSU's, student tickets should be recognized as a form of season ticket and I've been pretty clear why.  I'm not just talking CSU, but every team including even Wyoming.  The prepaid student ticket does have an impact on the traditional season ticket number, and it needs to be taken into account but adjusted for it's actual usage.  

I'm not aware of any university, including CSU that counts those student tickets as season tickets.  In fact they are season tickets, but are not counted as part of the traditional measure and probably shouldn't be.

CSU does not report those seats as season tickets.  Every school should report season tickets sold, plus student season tickets used.  That is the most honest way to address it.  Wyo reports it this way, CSU reports it this way, damn near ever school that sets aside "free" student tickets does it this way.  I don't understand why there is confusion on this.  It's pretty straightforward.

The problem with your position is that EVERY full time student pays a fee. If a team is winning and the seat is used than it's a butt in a seat. If the team is not winning and the seat isn't used than theoretically it could be resold. It's not a season ticket. It's a fee applied to full time enrollment at almost every university in the country. 

I bash CSU over this argument because I don't think people care about that program in Denver but I do agree that CSU has a great student section. The only two I've seen that are better are ASU and Washington. Maybe CU back in the early to mid-90s when Folsom was rocking. 

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

The problem with your position is that EVERY full time student pays a fee. If a team is winning and the seat is used than it's a butt in a seat. If the team is not winning and the seat isn't used than theoretically it could be resold. It's not a season ticket. It's a fee applied to full time enrollment at almost every university in the country. 

I bash CSU over this argument because I don't think people care about that program in Denver but I do agree that CSU has a great student section. The only two I've seen that are better are ASU and Washington. Maybe CU back in the early to mid-90s when Folsom was rocking. 

No, it can't.  That's why I refer to it as an alternative season ticket.  The general public is locked out of that seat whether it is used by a student or not.  My point is that while every student pays a fee, those seats are only available to the group that paid a fee.  I can't buy a seat in those sections no matter what.  Since a group owns those seats and no one else can get them, they are actual season tickets.  From a marketing standpoint they shouldn't be counted as such, but  from a ticket sales standpoint they should be recognized as part of the equation.  

CSU has sold over 15,000 season tickets, and in addition have made 10,500 season tickets available to students due to their purchase of student fees.  Therefore, there are 25,500 seats that are sold and are not available for purchase. That's 25,500 season tickets sold regardless of how many are used.  To qualify the process, we report 15,000 season tickets sold and then report actual usage of the 10,500 student season tickets.  That's the only honest way.  The halfwit mentality of comparing a MWC ticketing system to the approach used by Ohio State, Tennessee, etc. is just plumb stupid.  We do it our way, and they do it theirs.  CSU uses the same approach as WYO, UNLV, SDSU, Boise st.,Nevada, ....whatever.

This is a stupid discussion.  Those accusing CSU of using student tickets as part of their season ticket reporting know better and only make up a false objection out of jealousy.  Pretty sad to be jealous of a school that hasn't exactly ripped up national interest due to their attendance.  A significant reach to find something to cry about.

6 hours ago, jimjam said:

You don't like it because few Nevada students go to the games...Just like the rest of this conference.  CSU has by far the best student support in this league and it will only get better.

I don't give a phuck what your dumbass thinks about it either.

How would you possibly know how many Nevada students show up to games? 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

No, it can't.  That's why I refer to it as an alternative season ticket.  The general public is locked out of that seat whether it is used by a student or not.  My point is that while every student pays a fee, those seats are only available to the group that paid a fee.  I can't buy a seat in those sections no matter what.  Since a group owns those seats and no one else can get them, they are actual season tickets.  From a marketing standpoint they shouldn't be counted as such, but  from a ticket sales standpoint they should be recognized as part of the equation.  

CSU has sold over 15,000 season tickets, and in addition have made 10,500 season tickets available to students due to their purchase of student fees.  Therefore, there are 25,500 seats that are sold and are not available for purchase. That's 25,500 season tickets sold regardless of how many are used.  To qualify the process, we report 15,000 season tickets sold and then report actual usage of the 10,500 student season tickets.  That's the only honest way.  The halfwit mentality of comparing a MWC ticketing system to the approach used by Ohio State, Tennessee, etc. is just plumb stupid.  We do it our way, and they do it theirs.  CSU uses the same approach as WYO, UNLV, SDSU, Boise st.,Nevada, ....whatever.

This is a stupid discussion.  Those accusing CSU of using student tickets as part of their season ticket reporting know better and only make up a false objection out of jealousy.  Pretty sad to be jealous of a school that hasn't exactly ripped up national interest due to their attendance.  A significant reach to find something to cry about.

Do you realize (dumb question because you obviously don't realize) how silly that makes you look? Yes, student seating sections are usually reserved for .......students. Duh. Look at us as an example. We have student seating right next to season ticket holder seats, too, and our students pay fees just like every other school. So we could do the exact same thing as you, but we don't. Why? It's the same reason why every other school in FBS doesn't do it. Most schools try to avoid silly games of semantics with the intent of purposely misleading the public into thinking you have more going on than you do. 

Even though I think it was built too small, the new stadium is still a great new thing going on there that you can be proud about. Stick with the 'real' good things you have going on and forget about playing silly games with numbers in an attempt to make people think you're getting close to big time P5 time. And when people realize the silly games you're playing, the thought of 'wannabe', 'desperate' and big headed come to mind.

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Do you realize (dumb question because you obviously don't realize) how silly that makes you look? Yes, student seating sections are usually reserved for .......students. Duh. Look at us as an example. We have student seating right next to season ticket holder seats, too, and our students pay fees just like every other school. So we could do the exact same thing as you, but we don't. Why? It's the same reason why every other school in FBS doesn't do it. Most schools try to avoid silly games of semantics with the intent of purposely misleading the public into thinking you have more going on than you do. 

Even though I think it was built too small, the new stadium is still a great new thing going on there that you can be proud about. Stick with the 'real' good things you have going on and forget about playing silly games with numbers in an attempt to make people think you're getting close to big time P5 time. And when people realize the silly games you're playing, the thought of 'wannabe', 'desperate' and big headed.

WTF are you talking about.  What is it we do different from every other FBS school?

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Ok folks, try to keep up. 

Student tickets have to be referenced as part of the total picture since they reflect a portion of the stadium that can't be sold to the general public.  In so referencing it then becomes necessary to reference usage of those tickets as part of the total package. 

CSU does not count an automatic 10,500 attendance in those seats. They report seats sold in the available public seats + student tickets used. 

I understand what you're saying brother but putting this into context, I've never heard of another school lumping their student section in with the season ticket holder numbers when discussing "season ticket sales" and a vast majority of this rest of this community that isn't attached to CSU hasn't either. Yes, of course each school does take into account student allocation and attendance when communicating to the public how many seats are available but when an AD or head of events and facilities is asked about season ticket sales, they're not going to make a statement that merges in students.

So all this said, CSU in actuality has 15,000+ season tickets sold to the general public and that's what this thread is about. The joke came along because two season ago a similar thread was started and a notorious TCSUF (not you of course) was waving their dick around about CSU selling ~25,000 season tickets, which would have put the Rams at the top of the MWC. It was only after a few WTF replies and deeper digging that we found out this particular TCSUF was lumping students in with the season ticket sales. So net net, when examined using comparable metrics, the true numbers put CSU somewhere in the middle of the MWC that season. So when comparing apples to apples on a thread like this, season ticket sales should exclude student tickets. 

And for the record, you're a good guy and an excellent Rams fan. None of us lump you in with the TCSUF crowd. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest Dr. Dre

17K is a solid number for SDSU. I figured 2-3K crossover season ticket fans. Walk up fan could be interesting. A good year and could see a spike in season tix next year.

51 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

WTF are you talking about.  What is it we do different from every other FBS school?

I'm guessing that for some reason he thinks that CSU automatically adds 10,500 to the tickets sold total to get at our game attendance regardless of how many students actually show up.  However, students still have to either reserve the seat in advance or show up at game time.  Only 10,500 are made available for students (although it sounds like the first game will afford students to grab some of the SRO as part of the student allotment).  If only 8000 students show up or reserve a seat for a particular game, then only 8000 are counted.  I'm with you HB, I don't understand what is so difficult about this concept.  

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I understand what you're saying brother but putting this into context, I've never heard of another school lumping their student section in with the season ticket holder numbers when discussing "season ticket sales" and a vast majority of this rest of this community that isn't attached to CSU hasn't either. Yes, of course each school does take into account student allocation and attendance when communicating to the public how many seats are available but when an AD or head of events and facilities is asked about season ticket sales, they're not going to make a statement that merges in students.

So all this said, CSU in actuality has 15,000+ season tickets sold to the general public and that's what this thread is about. The joke came along because two season ago a similar thread was started and a notorious TCSUF (not you of course) was waving their dick around about CSU selling ~25,000 season tickets, which would have put the Rams at the top of the MWC. It was only after a few WTF replies and deeper digging that we found out this particular TCSUF was lumping students in with the season ticket sales. So net net, when examined using comparable metrics, the true numbers put CSU somewhere in the middle of the MWC that season. So when comparing apples to apples on a thread like this, season ticket sales should exclude student tickets. 

And for the record, you're a good guy and an excellent Rams fan. None of us lump you in with the TCSUF crowd

So what you descibe as TCSUF are not excellent Rams fans or good people?  Geezus get a life.  The world doesn't revovle around this board like TBSUF thinks it does.

2 minutes ago, jimjam said:

So what you descibe as TCSUF are not excellent Rams fans or good people?  Geezus get a life.  The world doesn't revovle around this board like TBSUF thinks it does.

TCSUFs have persisted that they're a different class, far superior to the rest of us. It's almost as if they're a different species, categorized as more advanced than the homo sapien but yet inferior to the mono joshallenian.   

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 8/7/2017 at 7:37 PM, kingpotato said:

Sort of. The administration got a little lucky when Boise was killing it and there were no tickets available. They jacked up prices every year so now they are quite a bit higher than all other peer schools. After a few expansions they haven't raised prices, but people now know that they don't have to have season tickets to get tickets to the game. Whereas before, if you didn't have season tickets your weren't going to the game. It doesn't help that half of the games don't end until midnight. That doesn't affect me, but many older and fans with family complain monumentally about that.

My biggest gripe about the late games is that I can't stay sober that long. End up missing the 4th Qtr. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm guessing that for some reason he thinks that CSU automatically adds 10,500 to the tickets sold total to get at our game attendance regardless of how many students actually show up.  However, students still have to either reserve the seat in advance or show up at game time.  Only 10,500 are made available for students (although it sounds like the first game will afford students to grab some of the SRO as part of the student allotment).  If only 8000 students show up or reserve a seat for a particular game, then only 8000 are counted.  I'm with you HB, I don't understand what is so difficult about this concept.  

It's all BUTTHURT.  We have the best student representation in the conference by far and many on this board seem to have a problem with that.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

16 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I went to a game there in 2006.

There were maybe 1,000 students there.

So let me get this straight. You went to 1 game at Mackay over 11 years ago, and based on that one experience, you've stereotyped what Nevada student support has been and is today?  I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume you're just joking. 

kat.jpg

21 minutes ago, Scooter said:

It's all BUTTHURT.  We have the best student representation in the conference by far and many on this board seem to have a problem with that.

On what basis do you make this claim? USU gets around 8k students to each game. We don't count those towards season tix. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.