Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stealthlobo

OT: Lotaburger > In and Out

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

The Habit is 10x the burger In n Out is, and they have a pretty big menu (chicken, salads, different sides). Only thing that's missing is the spread.

https://www.habitburger.com/locations/all/

The Habit sucks!  I've had their "char burgers" twice. Thin burger patties either still frozen in the middle or very rare.  Not what you'd think if you bought a "char" burger. The tomato slice is thicker than the chicken "breast" on their chicken sandwich.  Not a fan at all.

Whataburger is a big deal here in Texas, but I don't think its all that great. I don't hate it, but I prefer In-N-Out over Whataburger by far. I do however like the Hatch Chili burger at Whataburger. They're finally building an In-N-Out a few miles from me in Houston....it won't be pretty. 

Guest RoscoesDad

Its funny about everyone going on about in n out when tommy's was, is, and will always be the most popular burger joint in socal.  

3 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Its funny about everyone going on about in n out when tommy's was, is, and will always be the most popular burger joint in socal.  

Tommy's is good, but one big reason is that it is located only in SoCal whereas In-N-Out is now in a good part of the Western US. Plus, they're two different tastes. In-N-Out focuses on fresh (as fresh as a fast food joint gets) and Tommy's is.....well, drinking/hangover food. I'm not sure Tommy's is more popular though......I think that's a bit of a stretch. 

Guest RoscoesDad
45 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Tommy's is good, but one big reason is that it is located only in SoCal whereas In-N-Out is now in a good part of the Western US. Plus, they're two different tastes. In-N-Out focuses on fresh (as fresh as a fast food joint gets) and Tommy's is.....well, drinking/hangover food. I'm not sure Tommy's is more popular though......I think that's a bit of a stretch. 

That is true, Tommy's is regional and not a national chain.  So I can understand why people don't equate it.

What are your thoughts on Wendy's?  I really like them at certain locations, but I feel like the quality can vary greatly from location to location.  The Wendy's on Broadway near BSU always seems to have nasty soggy greasy buns.  But the one on Chinden in Boise always has the freshest veggies and bread and is amazing.  

I feel like that quality control between franchise restaurants is probably why there is a lot of variation in people's favorite burger place.  

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

I have to say, most of these companies have nothing on 5 guys.

Mug loves Five Guys. 

Just heard a rumor that In-N-Out has come to, or will soon be in ABQ... anyone else hear that?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."