Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baileyake

Preseason Coaches Poll

1 Alabama
2 Ohio St
3 Florida St
4 USC
5 Clemson
6 Penn St
7 Washington
8 Oklahoma
9 Michigan
10 Wisconsin
11 Oklahoma St
12 LSU
13 Auburn
14 Stanford
15 Georgia
16 Florida
17 Louisville
18 Miami
19 Kansas St
20 West Virginia
21 USF
22 Virginia Tech
23 Texas
24 Tennessee
25 Utah

Others Receiving Votes

Washington State 99; Colorado 72; TCU 58; Boise State 49; Notre Dame 49; Texas A&M 46; Pittsburgh 45; North Carolina State 39; Oregon 37; Northwestern 25; Nebraska 23; Memphis 22; Arkansas 22; Mississippi State 19; San Diego State 18; Appalachian State 11; Brigham Young 10; Georgia Tech 10; Tulsa 10; Wyoming 9; Western Michigan 8; Temple 8; North Carolina 8; Houston 7; Troy 6; Minnesota 6; Iowa 5; Louisiana Tech 4; Syracuse 3; Arizona 2; Army 1; Colorado State 1; Michigan State 1; Maryland 1; Toledo 1; UCLA 1.

Missed CSU in the "receiving votes", fixed that.  And no, SJSU won't beat USF. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Wow, surprised Boise is so close to the top - 25. A win over Wazzu and they'll be in. Slight chance a convincing win over Troy gets them in. Depends on what happens in front of them. 

Boise State has been ranked at some point in the season for 15 straight years. That's an amazing streak for a G5. 

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Wow, surprised Boise is so close to the top - 25. 

I'll say. WAY to high. Living off past accomplishments 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Possibly. That's what happens when you have a well established brand. That being said, they were two plays from an undefeated regular season last year. 

Is Wazzu supposed to be good this year? Seeing them just outside the top 25 was a surprise to me. 

Heres how much Polian made me stop caring about football- I'm not 100% sure if we're playing WSU this season or not.. 

Guest Dr. Dre
58 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Possibly. That's what happens when you have a well established brand. That being said, they were two plays from an undefeated regular season last year. 

They're about a 30-35ish type of team

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, coalman29 said:

The pac 12 looks strong...9 teams getting votes...all but Cal, ASU, and OSU.

Ucla with 1 vote is just pitiful

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

Just like Texas and UCLA.  It's stupid they're getting votes.  What a joke. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Wow, surprised Boise is so close to the top - 25. A win over Wazzu and they'll be in. Slight chance a convincing win over Troy gets them in. Depends on what happens in front of them. 

Boise State has been ranked at some point in the season for 15 straight years. That's an amazing streak for a G5. 

Boise's team is extremely young and unproven.  Would be pleasantly shocking if they end up being that good.   Beating WSU in Pullman will be a chore. It will be a revenge game for them.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

1 hour ago, brillio said:

Is Wazzu supposed to be good this year? Seeing them just outside the top 25 was a surprise to me. 

Heres how much Polian made me stop caring about football- I'm not 100% sure if we're playing WSU this season or not.. 

They are supposed to be good.  Their star QB decided to come back for his senior year, unfortunately.

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

1 hour ago, brillio said:

Wazzu is supposed to be very good this year... obviously. 

2 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

They are supposed to be good.  Their star QB decided to come back for his senior year, unfortunately.

There's a very good possibility and likelihood of us starting our season out 1-3 with Northwestern, Toledo, Idaho State and Wash St to open.