Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV

On 8/5/2017 at 2:56 PM, RoscoesDad said:

I agree with a lot of that.  Rebel-Net can have all the lame excuses they want.  We all know Joe and 90% of his "confidential" poster group are Runnin Rebel fans first and not UNLV fans.  They don't care about anything to do with UNLV other than the Runnin Rebels.  Fair Enough!  I want those fans.  I want the overly important confidential board knuckleheads on our side.  Because at the end of the day they are great bball fans and that helps our program.

But they are not UNLV fans.  A true UNLV fan that runs a website devoted to UNLV sports would not do what is being done over there,   If you want access to athletics, cover everything or take a hike and open it up to someone else who actually cares about more than the +++++ing basketball program at UNLV.  

There is nothing Rebel Net can do. Last year fans gave out too much during camp on Rebel net concerning formations, depth charts, scouting reports on players, etc. That's why practices are closed to the public this year. It was a UNLV decision. 

ok, i'm pulling for this kid. he may or may not see the field, but good for him.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-columns/ed-graney/wide-receiver-takes-long-road-from-air-force-to-unlv/

There comes a day each February when UNLV’s football program has an open tryout, where those with dreams of playing in college get the briefest of looks to perhaps realize the longest of long shots.

The Rebels offer such a chance because, well, you just never know.

Most of the time, nothing comes of it. But sometimes, a Darren Palmer walks onto the field.

You would think if UNLV coach Tony Sanchez was going to give a 26-year-old junior wide receiver who hasn’t played a down since his senior year in high school a second glance, it would be one who spent seven years in the Air Force while serving in Alaska and Hawaii, who was deployed for six months in the Arab kingdom of Jordan, who embodies all the strength and discipline and focus and determination you would expect from a senior airman.

On 8/17/2017 at 10:58 PM, Rebelbacker said:

There is nothing Rebel Net can do. Last year fans gave out too much during camp on Rebel net concerning formations, depth charts, scouting reports on players, etc. That's why practices are closed to the public this year. It was a UNLV decision. 

Bull f'ing shyt. No one gave out formations, and scouting reports are standard in papers as well as depth charts. Nothing in last year's posts gave anything away that wasn't public. Where are you getting this info? I am highly active on RN Football forum and know what's posted and can attest to this BS. 

9 hours ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

Bull f'ing shyt. No one gave out formations, and scouting reports are standard in papers as well as depth charts. Nothing in last year's posts gave anything away that wasn't public. Where are you getting this info? I am highly active on RN Football forum and know what's posted and can attest to this BS. 

This is directly from the coaching staff. They weren't happy info got out last season. They made the decision to close practice to the public. 

10 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

This is directly from the coaching staff. They weren't happy info got out last season. They made the decision to close practice to the public. 

What info that 'got out'? Everything reported was tame and same info you could find in a newspaper. You can easily go through last year's posts and still read them. 

Maybe some of the hacks from the local rags were pissed because fans write better team reviews then they do. 

This being said, many coaches around the country are closing practices to non-press credential people AND settings reporting guidelines. I think this is more the culprit then supposedly non existent linked practice info from last season. 

2 hours ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

What info that 'got out'? Everything reported was tame and same info you could find in a newspaper. You can easily go through last year's posts and still read them. 

Maybe some of the hacks from the local rags were pissed because fans write better team reviews then they do. 

This being said, many coaches around the country are closing practices to non-press credential people AND settings reporting guidelines. I think this is more the culprit then supposedly non existent linked practice info from last season. 

I didn't ask what info got out. I asked why practices were closed and that's what I was told. The guys from Rebel Net openly talked about restrictions in posting info from camp this year. I'm just telling you what I was told, whether or not something else is a part of it I have no idea.