Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Basketball teams ranked by overall talent on Roster

Guest RoscoesDad

Holy jesus, are people really this stupid to believe something as transparently lazy like this? 

Yes.  Yes they are.

23 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Holy jesus, are people really this stupid to believe something as transparently lazy like this? 

Yes.  Yes they are.

Believe what?  Do you disagree with the "talent" ranking?  I think you're trying to read too much into this ranking.  It's not a prediction of where teams will finish.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest RoscoesDad
17 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Believe what?  Do you disagree with the "talent" ranking?  I think you're trying to read too much into this ranking.  It's not a prediction of where teams will finish.

Yes.  Because it seems pretty clear that they are using old or out of date data that the author was likely too lazy to corroborate.   The only way UNLV is #90 is if they are counting guys from last year that transferred or left to make way for the new guys.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Yes, because the talent you have as a high school junior is not really a decent indicator of your talent as a 22 year old redshirt junior. I mean, Larry Nance Junior?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

40 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yes, because the talent you have as a high school junior is not really a decent indicator of your talent as a 22 year old redshirt junior. I mean, Larry Nance Junior?

I assumed it was ranking talent of players on college teams this coming year, including the 22 yr old juniors...and excluding any and all HS juniors?

Just now, pokebball said:

I assumed it was ranking talent of players on college teams this coming year, including the 22 yr old juniors...and excluding any and all HS juniors?

It's by recruiting rankings instead of any by the numbers look at the talent of current players.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I was not surprised that the Aztecs were ranked the most talented.  It was a shame how last year went.

I really felt last years team was Top 3 most talented and maybe most talented Aztec team in the Fisher era.  Something just didn't mesh and of course missed plenty of games again with injury.

If Pope doesn't get injured last year it is a totally different season.  

Every time I look at our rankings of our players over half of them have no rating on any service.

I get that it's partly because they're all jc/transfers but at least they rate most of those guys for football. Seems like a joke for basketball ratings outside of the top several hundred. I mean a lot of 'em are transferring from solid basketball schools too, wtf.. 

17 hours ago, 15csu2014 said:

Every time I look at our rankings of our players over half of them have no rating on any service.

I get that it's partly because they're all jc/transfers but at least they rate most of those guys for football. Seems like a joke for basketball ratings outside of the top several hundred. I mean a lot of 'em are transferring from solid basketball schools too, wtf.. 

Like I said above, don't over analyze this.  It's simply something to discuss during the off season.