Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FormerFrog

SI: Creation of AAC is one of the 10 Best Decisions of College Football's Last 10 Years

9 hours ago, fanhood said:

The American will get $3 million to $4 million. The MW will get $2 million to $3 million. In the end, the difference will be minor. 

When Sports Illustrated does a similar article about the MWC... THEN you can go to the AAC boards and post it.

Until THEN, what reason do you have to go over there bro?

That SI article merely points out what everyone knows already... There is CLEAR separation. RPI, Massey, Recruiting rankings, NFL draftees, TV ratings... All that will be monetized. 

You're way to obsessed with the AAC. lol. What do you care what they make?

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

11 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

When Sports Illustrated does a similar article about the MWC... THEN you can go to the AAC boards and post it.

Until THEN, what reason do you have to go over there bro?

That SI article merely points out what everyone knows already... There is CLEAR separation. RPI, Massey, Recruiting rankings, NFL draftees, TV ratings... All that will be monetized. 

You're way to obsessed with the AAC. lol. What do you care what they make?

Oh the irony.........

7 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Oh the irony.........

Fact of the matter is, the San Diego and Boise fans that talk themselves into a tizzy over this (i.e. fanhood, EDLUVAR, MWCTex, etc) crawl up into a ball in their beds at night because their stupid admins led them back to M_C land.

ROFL

It's no coincidence they are from those schools.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

18 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

I haven't seen reports anywhere that ESPN has offered to extend its contract with the American.  Everything I've seen is still "Power 6" pre negotiating PR and not something indicating interest from the other side. Aresco seems to need another person looking to pay them big money because Disney doesn't appear to be interested in an extension like they are with the MW.

Please provide a link.  The discussion is good and I'd like to see the latest straight out of Aresco's mouth.

Please note the absence of any such link in his response. And "straight out of Aresco's mouth?" Lol. More like straight out of pesik's butt.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Please note the absence of any such link in his response. And "straight out of Aresco's mouth?" Lol. More like straight out of pesik's butt.

like it would matter???? ive had like 3 debates here, in which i provided links..you guys just simply ignore it and jump to sarcastic remarks.. im not going to waste my time searching for something you guys are just going to ignore

and i also noted he said it in every interview, i literally googled aresco interview and literally i found him saying espn is the target and likely partner in all of them if they pay us. 

heres one

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/tusportsextra/guerin-emig-mike-aresco-presses-the-fight-to-make-the/article_2b0006c6-011b-5cc2-b097-fabaa8b49742.html

you guys says we are delusional over in the AAC side but most of our beliefs are back with facts, data, results..you guys have based your entire counter on a head to head record,, based on less than 3 games a year (tiny sample size) where 2 teams (tulsa and navy) make up most of the games played. and a bowl record  based on mismatched bowls..that is literally it. the big 10 has had 1 winning bowl record the last 10 years (the league with the most resources) ..losing bowl record means you can get better bowls

if you asked me to put a middling 8-4 aac team versus 6-6 utsa (likely win)..or vs a 10-2 c-usa champ borderline top 25 wku (likely loss)..im taking wku, i want competition not meaningless bragging rights about bowl records 

20 minutes ago, pesik said:

like it would matter???? ive had like 3 debates here, in which i provided links..you guys just simply ignore it and jump to sarcastic remarks.. im not going to waste my time searching for something you guys are just going to ignore

and i also noted he said it in every interview, i literally googled aresco interview and literally i found him saying espn is the target and likely partner in all of them if they pay us. 

heres one

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/tusportsextra/guerin-emig-mike-aresco-presses-the-fight-to-make-the/article_2b0006c6-011b-5cc2-b097-fabaa8b49742.html

you guys says we are delusional over in the AAC side but most of our beliefs are back with facts, data, results..you guys have based your entire counter on a head to head record,, based on less than 3 games a year (tiny sample size) where 2 teams (tulsa and navy) make up most of the games played. and a bowl record  based on mismatched bowls..that is literally it. the big 10 has had 1 winning bowl record the last 10 years (the league with the most resources) ..losing bowl record means you can get better bowls

if you asked me to put a middling 8-4 aac team versus 6-6 utsa (likely win)..or vs a 10-2 c-usa champ borderline top 25 wku (likely loss)..im taking wku, i want competition not meaningless bragging rights about bowl records 

C'mon Pesik. I have been trying to get you and your brethren to acknowledge the small sample size regarding the NY6 for a year now, and I get shouted down.

Agree, small sample size. That is the point. The American and MW have been relatively equal competitively, but the sample size is so small, nobody can tell who is superior thus far. 

6 minutes ago, fanhood said:

C'mon Pesik. I have been trying to get you and your brethren to acknowledge the small sample size regarding the NY6 for a year now, and I get shouted down.

Agree, small sample size. That is the point. The American and MW have been relatively equal competitively, but the sample size is so small, nobody can tell who is superior thus far. 

you are comparing 3 games a year to the entire of league play the last 4 years which is over 400 games (130 games a year). i didnt argue the time length but the amount of games..

relatively equal competitively is laughable. you have had 1 team in the last 4 years crack the cfp poll top 25..6 different aac, 3 simultaneously at numerous points have been ranked..the composite computer ranking  over a 130 computers says thers been a hge gap the last 2 years

and so we are clear i havent solely based the aac superiority on field results only...facilities, amount of investments, recruiting average (by every recruiting site), fanbase size, locations, depth

the funny thing is i know you and SleepingGiantsFan knows this, you just dont want to admit your home is worse than someone you consider a rival, something you had a chance to join at somepoint

Just now, pesik said:

you are comparing 3 games a year to the entire of league play the last 4 years which is over 400 games (130 games a year). i didnt argue the time length but the amount of games..

relatively equal competitively is laughable. you have had 1 team in the last 4 years crack the cfp poll top 25..6 different aac, 3 simultaneously at numerous points have been ranked..the composite computer ranking  over a 130 computers says thers been a hge gap the last 2 years

and so we are clear i havent solely based the aac superiority on field results only...facilities, amount of investments, recruiting average (by every recruiting site), fanbase size, locations, depth

the funny thing is i know you and SleepingGiantsFan knows this, you just dont want to admit your home is worse than someone you consider a rival, something you had a chance to join at somepoint

Ok, I tried to reason with you. I'll I read here is "Yea, but....." 

1 hour ago, pesik said:

heres one

Are you effing kidding us? The Bruin said he had seen nothing to confirm your assertion ESPN had formally offered to have a future contract with the AAC and that link is the best you can come up with? So others here won't have to bother reading the article, here's what Aresco said:

“We hope to narrow that gap in our next TV deal,” he says, mindful of the league’s $126 million contract that expires in 2020. “We think we’re far more valuable than we were before, especially four or five years ago when no one knew what we had. We’ve done so well in football, which drives it, we think we can parlay that into a much better deal with ESPN, our partner, and possibly some other partners.”

I suggest given the recent cost-slashing at ESPN that this is a rough time to seek a deal more befitting a Power 5.

“I believe if you have a value for a TV deal, you’ll be paid for it. People aren’t going to jettison a deal that’s favorable,” Aresco counters. 

How in the hell do you think that answers the Bruin's inquiry about a link confirming what you previously said?

And you just have to love Aresco's BS. Among the reasons he asserts the AAC should be considered a - or is it THE - P6 is that Fuente, Rhule, Taggert and Herman have gone on to get jobs with P6 schools. Like that somehow distinguishes the AAC from the MWC which has had Hoke, Andersen, McElwain and Petersen do the same thing.:hahaha:

You AAC guys are so pathetic. Just GTFO before you embarrass yourselves even further.

Boom goes the dynamite.

22 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Ok, I tried to reason with you. I'll I read here is "Yea, but....." 

lol what reason??? you didnt add any reason to the debate, you simply just told me to agree with your point of view. you just said to admit the leagues are equal, when no legitimate measuring stick says so 

if you had said the aac has been competitively better than the mwc the last 4 years but im going to need a few more years before i can say the league is better and not a cycle ..that's reason, accepting the reality of situation but adding causation for doubt of the conclusion   

yeah but facts..

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Are you effing kidding us? The Bruin said he had seen nothing to confirm your assertion ESPN had formally offered to have a future contract with the AAC and that link is the best you can come up with? So others here won't have to bother reading the article, here's what Aresco said:

i never said  or even asserted that an offer was out there..i said we are likely to resign with espn...in all those interview he also said the negotiations havent started yet, so why would i say an offer would be made..(literally in all the posts on this thread i has also said, only if the money is right, clearly insinuating there was no formal offer)

bruin said the aac will sign with cbs and nbc (and said espn doesnt want the AAC)..And the MWC would be going mostly ESPN and FOX (fs1)..i said you realize the AAC will likely resign with ESPN..

he says the mwc will get more the next tv deal because espn wants sports bar licenses that only the mwc can give,that the fs1 wants all of the mwc because foxsports san diago has some sdsu rights...he says espn doesnt want to get the AAC becuase we compete with the sec/acc network, and espn will get rid of espnu/news..and the only people that will want the AAC is cbssports....since you are defending him im guessing you think all of this too????

I think pesik has generally been willing to explain why he thinks what he thinks generally, so it's a little strange to just obfuscate on the point of what kinds of facts support his opinion.  I wish SGF would elaborate like pesik sometimes frankly.

However, don't act like the on the field isn't important because on the field is how you get into the top tier of college bowl games.  The conference gets revenue when a team appears in either the Fiesta, Cotton or Peach bowl and its probably going to be a Mountain West team that is qualified.

East Coast bias among college football polls is obvious when sports writers just vote for whatever American school they could think of but by the end of the season it turned out that Houston's possible inclusion in the CFP games was blown and SDSU showed they have an offensive line that can really run the football over that supposedly dominant defense.

Boise won at the Fiesta Bowl (what else is new?).  Houston qualified in 2015 but 2016 happened.  Western michigan ain't coming back.

I think the Aztecs will make it if they only lose to Stanford in a close game out of conference.  The Stanford offensive line is impressive.  I don't think one road loss in the Mountain would hurt them either.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:03 AM, pesik said:

have you looked at the bowl matchuups...we play conference champs versus our middling team..aac #5 vs c-usa champ, aac #6 vs mwc champ...aac vs the sunbelt champ..the fact that this is the entire basis of your debate is weak, having  a bad record versus that is meaningless. congrats your champs arre better than our middle teams 

Houston was ranked all last year and beat Louisville and Oklahoma and got steamrolled by SDSU.  You can't have it both ways because they crapped the bed later in the year.

Bowls don't always match up the corresponding teams.  They match up what is a good draw for the area and your bowl record more than speaks for itself.  Good lord you're a dumbass.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

16 hours ago, fanhood said:

The American will get $3 million to $4 million. The MW will get $2 million to $3 million. In the end, the difference will be minor. 

I don't think the American is getting that much.  I think both leagues will be under 2 million per team.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

Houston was ranked all last year and beat Louisville and Oklahoma and got steamrolled by SDSU.  You can't have it both ways because they crapped the bed later in the year.

Bowls don't always match up the corresponding teams.  They match up what is a good draw for the area and your bowl record more than speaks for itself.  Good lord you're a dumbass.

every year?? AAC has drawn atleast 2 g5 champions every year, 3 Last year, plus at-least 2 other p5...the mwc champion played the #6 aac 2 years in a row..if the pac12 doesnt qualify enough for vegas itll be 3 years in a row in hawaii

and Houston also finished 4th in its division!! we also lost to smu...atleast smu beat us when offensive genius tom herman was still head coach, derek warehime still oline coach, meekins was still assistant head coach..Craig Naivar was still co-dc/special teams coach, Oscar Giles was still the D-line coach..herman cleaned house when he left because he wanted to get a head start on recruiting.. they beat a team ran by grad assistants

even applewhite ran the offense through a press box, from a vantage point of view for those games, for sdsu it was the first time he called an offense from the field ...they didn't beat the houston that beat Louisville and Oklahoma

stop hyping it like sdsu beat the #1 AAC team, houston finished #6 last year

2 minutes ago, pesik said:

every year?? AAC has drawn atleast 2 g5 champions every year, 3 Last year, plus at-least 2 other p5...the mwc champion played the #6 aac 2 years in a row..if the pac12 doesnt qualify enough for vegas itll be 3 years in a row in hawaii

and Houston also finished 4th in its division!! we also lost to smu...atleast smu beat us when offensive genius tom herman was still head coach, derek warehime still oline coach, meekins was still assistant head coach..Craig Naivar was still co-dc/special teams coach, Oscar Giles was still the D-line coach..herman cleaned house when he left because he wanted to get a head start on recruiting.. they beat a team ran by grad assistants

even applewhite ran the offense through a press box, from a vantage point of view for those games, for sdsu it was the first time he called an offense from the field ...they didn't beat the houston that beat Louisville and Oklahoma

stop hyping it like sdsu beat the #1 AAC team, houston finished #6 last year

Oh, so it was different later in the year.  And you whine about me moving the goalposts?  LOL.  "But but but"

I don't really give a crap if you guys are playing the Sun Belt conference champ in your backyard.  The MWC moves it's bowls around to get the best matchups that they can get.  It's not their fault that the PAC12 didn't have enough teams.  There are more bowls on the Eastern side of the country, and they all need fillers.  You guys are in the same boat as the MWC, you have a bunch of second rate bowls against whatever warm body is available to fill them. Additionally you went 2-5 in your bowl games, 1-5 against G5 teams.  If you're so much better than the rest of the G5, you'd win.  It's that simple.  Your big P5 win was against a 6-7 South Carolina squad, in overtime with your champion.  Pound your chest. That reeks of big time, man.  You guys tore it up.

31 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I don't think the American is getting that much.  I think both leagues will be under 2 million per team.

I don't think we get much more but I also don't think we get a reduction. (the MAC got a raise, so will the AAC)

I've already made my prediction: in 2019 the AAC announces we will extend our deal with ESPN. 165 Million over 6 years paying out 2.292 million per team per season. That will take the AAC to 2025 when all hell breaks loose.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, pesik said:

i never said  or even asserted that an offer was out there..i said we are likely to resign with espn...in all those interview he also said the negotiations havent started yet, so why would i say an offer would be made..(literally in all the posts on this thread i has also said, only if the money is right, clearly insinuating there was no formal offer)

bruin said the aac will sign with cbs and nbc (and said espn doesnt want the AAC)..And the MWC would be going mostly ESPN and FOX (fs1)..i said you realize the AAC will likely resign with ESPN..

he says the mwc will get more the next tv deal because espn wants sports bar licenses that only the mwc can give,that the fs1 wants all of the mwc because foxsports san diago has some sdsu rights...he says espn doesnt want to get the AAC becuase we compete with the sec/acc network, and espn will get rid of espnu/news..and the only people that will want the AAC is cbssports....since you are defending him im guessing you think all of this too????

Good summary but the punctuation is :blink:

1 hour ago, Bruininthebay said:

I think pesik has generally been willing to explain why he thinks what he thinks generally, so it's a little strange to just obfuscate on the point of what kinds of facts support his opinion.  I wish SGF would elaborate like pesik sometimes frankly.

You don't have the history some of us have with AAC Board Fan, I can assure you of that. I spent a fair amount of time there when it appeared SDSU was headed to the nBE for football and although many of those guys were quite hospitable, just as many weren't. It would have been totally understandable for fans of the C7 to see SDSU and Boise as interlopers since those schools didn't play football and we weren't going to play basketball. But it wasn't those guys who disrespected us. I also don't remember fans of Pitt, Louisville and Syracuse being pissed at our coming. Instead it was fans of the lesser lights like Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis USF and UCF who felt it was beneath them to be in the same conference with us. Not content to having rid themselves of us, now they're bringing that shit here. And that's amplified by the P6 thing which is downright farcical. As posts from so many folks here have pointed out, the AAC is only marginally superior to the MWC now that we've lost three of our most valuable members and added - cough, cough - SJSU so the AAC is one helluva lost closer to being the MWC than it is to being the B12 and their commissioner is just as much a bumbling fool as is Craig Thompson but they're either too dense to have figured that out or too myopic to have tried.

With that I'll step down from the soapbox.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Oh, so it was different later in the year.  And you whine about me moving the goalposts?  LOL.  "But but but"

I don't really give a crap if you guys are playing the Sun Belt conference champ in your backyard.  The MWC moves it's bowls around to get the best matchups that they can get.  It's not their fault that the PAC12 didn't have enough teams.  There are more bowls on the Eastern side of the country, and they all need fillers.  You guys are in the same boat as the MWC, you have a bunch of second rate bowls against whatever warm body is available to fill them. Additionally you went 2-5 in your bowl games, 1-5 against G5 teams.  If you're so much better than the rest of the G5, you'd win.  It's that simple.  Your big P5 win was against a 6-7 South Carolina squad, in overtime with your champion.  Pound your chest. That reeks of big time, man.  You guys tore it up.

how did i move the goal post..nowhere in this thread, nowhere in this forum have i claimed houston was the best aac team last year 

you claimed houston was the best AAC last year (not me) and then claimed the mwc was better becuase the mwc beat them...you inflated houston to make the win more prized, and then ignored any details of the game...i never moved any goal posts

2) no one ever claimed that our #6 or #7 teams were better than g5 champs..no one in the AAC ever claimed that kind of dominance..if the acc #7 was pinned against the mwc#1, acc #8 was pinned against c-usa #1 , acc #9 was pinned against the #1 AAC..i dont expect the acc to have a winning record with that, but that doesnt mean the acc isnt better 

3) and you can call it equal second rate bowls. but playing 10-2 wku (with top 25 votes) isnt the same as playing 6-6 utsa which is the disparity in our bowl games 

4) the big 10 the most power p5 conference has only had 1 winning bowl record the last 10 year..ONE!! bad bowl records means tougher bowls