Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Best college football environments in country

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Don't go to the B1G. I went to Michigan State and it was the most quiet full stadium I've ever been in. I went to Wisconsin the next day and it was better, but not much, although the Wisconsin student section was BY FAR the best student section I've ever seen. 

Went out when Wyoming played in East Lansing two years ago. Very underwhelming, apathetic fan base. Like 75K people who had to go to the game because their parents made them go.

13 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Wisconsin fans were super friendly.  I think their "Jump Around" at the start of the 4th quarter is a fun tradition.  The whole stadium shakes.  We had a great time out there.

I want to see a game @Alabama and @TAMU.  I"ll probably hit a couple next year when BYU travels quite a bit, like @Washington and @USC.

I loved Madison. I was saying the GameDay atmosphere isn't spectacular. 

1 minute ago, 307dude said:

Went out when Wyoming played in East Lansing two years ago. Very underwhelming, apathetic fan base. Like 75K people who had to go to the game because their parents made them go.

Agreed. Then we were in the upper deck which they built without adding and bathrooms. The line at halftime was ridiculous. Only one worse is Reno, which has the worst bathroom situation of any stadium ever. 

I will say, I loved the campus, and the tailgating fans were probably the friendliest I've encountered. 

17 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Wisconsin fans were super friendly.  I think their "Jump Around" at the start of the 4th quarter is a fun tradition.  The whole stadium shakes.  We had a great time out there.

I want to see a game @Alabama and @TAMU.  I"ll probably hit a couple next year when BYU travels quite a bit, like @Washington and @USC.

TAMU is as good as advertised. Lots of traditions and it gets LOUD. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Went to the USU game @U$C several years ago and was very unimpressed. Granted it was a down year for them, but the atmosphere didn't live up to expectations. 

As others have said, UWs stadium is very nice. Doubt there's a bad seat in the place. Try to get hooked up with someone who does "sailgating", looked like a good time when I was there. 

5 minutes ago, mondego said:

Went to the USU game @U$C several years ago and was very unimpressed. Granted it was a down year for them, but the atmosphere didn't live up to expectations. 

As others have said, UWs stadium is very nice. Doubt there's a bad seat in the place. Try to get hooked up with someone who does "sailgating", looked like a good time when I was there. 

UW is a good experience. Very nice stadium and setting. Great site lines and chowder. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Hands down, nothing beats the LSU-'Bama game. Baton Rouge is a bit more of a fun town, but the tailgating, campus atmospheres, and stadium energy in both towns are on a whole other tier from Texas, Wisconsin, SoCal, Ucla, Washington, or Nebraska. Only game that comes close MIGHT be Georgia- Florida (aka World's Biggest Cocktail Party), but I'd put that at the top of the second tier, rather than the same tier. For LSU and 'Bama fans, game days are high art.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

U Dubs new stadium is bad ass

Concur. Sat on the renovated west side on the third tier, front row. Excellent viewpoint and sight lines. Would definitely go back the next time USU is there.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

I've been to a bunch.  Ole Miss and Notre Dame were the best.  Tuscaloosa was great as well.  May have been the company that night.  Ole Miss was horrible the year that I saw them and lost pretty much completely to Kyle Van Noy.  But Oxford is a great college town and the Grove truly is amazing.  Side note, I thought Washington was horrible other than the view of Lake Washington.  May be better since the renovation.