Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

UNLV scrapped the new logo?

No where to be seen at media days.  

IMG_0700.PNG

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I didn't really like the new logo.  Then again, I didn't like the old one either.  I think UNLV should be able to do better.  Maybe hire someone from Reno to slap something together.

Guest RoscoesDad
16 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

What?  Why?  I really like the new one!

807255374432-350.png

Exactly what it should have been and I think everyone would have been happy.  Could even make the UNLV bigger to expand around to the edges of the logo.  

I'd like to know who knew who to give this contract to some bullshit firm in CO. 

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

807255374432-350.png

That's a good one 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

lol, a phantom logo from somewhere on the web is blowing the official logo out of the damn water. 

there have been a couple, lol. but i actually like this one better than the old hey reb, which i never bought anything with him on it. i would buy this one.

16 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Jessup and TKM really like this one...

IMG_4329.thumb.JPG.70fd3b409124da46283c5be1b2e9a141.JPG

Here's my thing. Crop out the UNLV foont and look at the logo for a little while, then try to tell what fawkin school it's from. CSUN, everytime.

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

there have been a couple, lol. but i actually like this one better than the old hey reb, which i never bought anything with him on it. i would buy this one.

UNLV is blowing what could be one of the easiest/best logos in the west. You have the iconic UNLV arched font, like ucla's lowercase, it doesn't need a "change" or "refreshing". You can alternate a mark that is just hey reb or some version of him, but the two should never be mixed. You're never going to improve the classic UNLV. JMO.

6 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

UNLV is blowing what could be one of the easiest/best logos in the west. You have the iconic UNLV arched font, like ucla's lowercase, it doesn't need a "change" or "refreshing". You can alternate a mark that is just hey reb or some version of him, but the two should never be mixed. You're never going to improve the classic UNLV. JMO.

i agree, that's usually what i buy. i never liked hey reb, and made no secret about it.

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

807255374432-350.png

It looks like the "UNLV" letters just landed on top of him and squashed him down like Wile E. Coyote used to get crushed by things falling from cliffs.

Champ Logo.jpg

34 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

It looks like the "UNLV" letters just landed on top of him and squashed him down like Wile E. Coyote used to get crushed by things falling from cliffs.

Now I cant un-see the image you described lol

However, that is fantastic imagination!