Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest elefish92

Do you think Idaho and New Mexico State should join the Mountain West?

Just now, DesVandal said:

Grandpa Dre - sounds like you think the MWC is better than the Big Sky.  That's funny.  I think this move is vertical...  Because I think the only gap that is widening in college football is the big 5 from the rest of the pack. 

The days of  the Mountain West Conference making any noise nationally in the Bowl games is gone.  That's because of the Power 5.   It's why the Mountain West can count on San Diego State being it's champ AGAIN.   BSU has lost it's edge...  so when CSU wins it this year...   and faces San Diego State (which most likely will back into this game again:  see Wyoming destroy SDSU:  see BSU fan claim SDSU purposely throws game to put Wyoming in driver seat) in the championship game...   but all year long that UC Davis loss takes the MWC champion Aztec team out of any national title...  Weak conference.  You don't matter.

The Big Sky?  Yes...  you can be a National Champion.   MWC...   never...  ever...  

You see... there's you...   Dr. Dre...  the MWC...    And there's Eminem...  the SEC...   not even close...  just way more talent.  Understand?

As for the Utah alumni who chooses to cheer for USU...  a lot of self hatred there...   my prayers are with you.

If the move were vertical that would support @Dr. Dre position. I think you meant something else... horizontal/lateral maybe? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

You are correct, sir.  Thank you...   and I truly do believe this.  The MWC has more talent in it...  but the top teams in both conferences aren't blowing each other out in a head to head. 

I officially go on record - horizontal/lateral.  I do not support Dr. Dre's postion - I won't buy beats, San Diego State loses to a team they never should every year...  and Eminem is way more talented than Dre...  even in his clone form...  (as the real Eminem was killed a while ago.) 

University of Idaho

Creator of the Clone you are eating for dinner... 

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

7 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

No, SDSU doesn't own a stadium, yet.

Idaho doesn't own a stadium either. It owns a quonset hut.

RIffVjo.gif

iFLw4lP.jpg

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

Don't get it twisted.  I'm solely here to tell everyone I told you so when BSU loses their opener against Troy.

And later...  watch the annual Air Force win, the Wyoming QB and coach outshine Rypien and Harsin...  watch the reaction to the CSU upset over BSU...  

And after all of these unfortunate happenings...  watch BSU beat SDSU...  the eventual 2017 MWC champ...  

Their only 2 losses...  BSU...  UC Davis.

23 hours ago, DesVandal said:

Grandpa Dre - sounds like you think the MWC is better than the Big Sky.  That's funny.  I think this move is vertical...  Because I think the only gap that is widening in college football is the big 5 from the rest of the pack. 

The days of  the Mountain West Conference making any noise nationally in the Bowl games is gone.  That's because of the Power 5.   It's why the Mountain West can count on San Diego State being it's champ AGAIN.   BSU has lost it's edge...  so when CSU wins it this year...   and faces San Diego State (which most likely will back into this game again:  see Wyoming destroy SDSU:  see BSU fan claim SDSU purposely throws game to put Wyoming in driver seat) in the championship game...   but all year long that UC Davis loss takes the MWC champion Aztec team out of any national title...  Weak conference.  You don't matter.

The Big Sky?  Yes...  you can be a National Champion.   MWC...   never...  ever...  

You see... there's you...   Dr. Dre...  the MWC...    And there's Eminem...  the SEC...   not even close...  just way more talent.  Understand?

As for the Utah alumni who chooses to cheer for USU...  a lot of self hatred there...   my prayers are with you.

Lol! I think you make some decent points about the P5 moving away from the G5 but the visibility of FCS football is non existent and athletics is the doorstep to a university. I think the vandals will be happy In The big sky though they never should have moved up with out a solid facility upgrade plan in place. The kibbie dome is funny and belongs in FCS. 

"This is unquestionably the WORST thread I have ever read on this forum."

Well that post should further it's lead into the gallows of your esteemed rating system.  

Glad you could participate.

6 hours ago, DesVandal said:

Don't get it twisted.  I'm solely here to tell everyone I told you so when BSU loses their opener against Troy.

And later...  watch the annual Air Force win, the Wyoming QB and coach outshine Rypien and Harsin...  watch the reaction to the CSU upset over BSU...  

And after all of these unfortunate happenings...  watch BSU beat SDSU...  the eventual 2017 MWC champ...  

Their only 2 losses...  BSU...  UC Davis.

Two decades and still the same predictions. You gotta hand it to persistence.

Image result for the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated

On 8/11/2017 at 9:45 AM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

No, SDSU doesn't own a stadium, yet.

Idaho doesn't own a stadium either. It owns a quonset hut.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/growth-development/sd-fi-sdsutakeover-20170812-story.html

It sounds like SDSU is probably going to own a stadium in the not too distant future.  It helps to be at the top tier campus of a $7.2 billion dollar annual budget university system sometimes.

I think that the two Montana schools would be a better fit at this time for the MWC

I would have recommended Northern Arizona for MWC expansion, but the folks running NAU's athletic department and have had their heads up their own asses for decades that they have failed to make an impression in any major sport in order to garner interest from the FBS

19 hours ago, DesVandal said:

My empty stadium is better than your empty stadium!  It's bigger, with less people!

Have to ask - which team in the MWC has the biggest, most consistent draw in the Mountain West?  

I know exactly what's going on in Boise... but outside of COU, which team draws?