Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

LV Stadium: If you build it, they (SEC) will come

Noticed they didn't use their new logo in this announcement......seems like prime time to promote it no?

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

48 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

I like this game. Lower end P5 team gives us a chance at a win.

By 2023, we should win this game with ease.  Also, I think Sanchez has a long term goal of scheduling more than low end P5s.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

By 2023, we should win this game with ease.  Also, I think Sanchez has a long term goal of scheduling more than low end P5s.

5 years ago we lost to SUU. At home. By 25. I'm not ready to say we will be knocking off any P5 programs with ease. You can, though. That is part of your schtick.

4 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

5 years ago we lost to SUU. At home. By 25. I'm not ready to say we will be knocking off any P5 programs with ease. You can, though. That is part of your schtick.

What's really funny is that he thinks Sanchez will still be there in 2023.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

What's really funny is that he thinks Sanchez will still be there in 2023.

They need to be really patient with Sanchez. His learning curve in certain areas of FBS coaching have been in play and it's prevented them from breaking out. He has done a great job in other areas that previous coaches have sucked. I think he's going to get it together in the next couple years, and show that they're going to be a contender. 

kat.jpg

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Vanderbilt is hardly a quality opponent.  We should beat them in 2019.  I will be concerned if we lose.

Every now and then,...............

5 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Vanderbilt is hardly a quality opponent.  We should beat them in 2019.  I will be concerned if we lose.

Oh yeah? How do you think Vandy feels about playing you? Talk about slum'n. Vandy will probably give you more than you can handle. They've had some improved teams in recent years, and they aren't a sure win at all for most G5's.

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Vanderbilt now has games with:

Nevada (2018)

UNLV (2019, 2023)

Colorado State (2020, 2021, 2025, 2026)

Hawaii (2022, 2023)

They must love them some Mountain West football!

Hawaii doesn't need to be in a conference for football.  They can get a home and home with anybody they want.

11 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I love your attitude considering Vanderbilt had more 3 star recruits last year than UNLV has had for the last 4 years (since you're all about stars). Considering they beat Georgia, Ole Miss and Tennessee, I'll take that bet about UNLV beating them with ease.