Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UofMTigers

I'm sure he's very sorry...

and this is the first time he's EVER done that before[/rollseyes]

https://boingboing.net/2017/07/19/video-appears-to-show-baltimor.html

In the January 2017 video, Baltimore Police Officer Richard Pinheiro appears to place a bag of pills under some garbage in an alley. He then walks back out to the street, at which point he activates the body camera.But because the cameras are programmed to capture the 30 seconds prior to activation, the officer’s actions before returning from the alley were recorded.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

14 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

and this is the first time he's EVER done that before[/rollseyes]

https://boingboing.net/2017/07/19/video-appears-to-show-baltimor.html

What's just as disturbing is the other two officers just standing there, going along with that bullshit.  Send that cop to jail and release anybody he arrested because of the possibility of tainted evidence. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Beware the municipalities passing ordinances that make videoing officers a crime.

I believe scotus has already ruled you can because everybody is a citizen journalist. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, Mano said:

Looked like he thought he was turning camera on and off when it was just the audio he was switching.

They said the camera is always recording but it doesn't save but when the officer actually turned it on, it backed up 30 seconds and caught him planting the evidence. 

4 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Beware the municipalities passing ordinances that make videoing officers a crime.

Since when would that pass under the 1st amendment?

Never.

Only time you can't film is when you are filming from a position obstructing a police officer from doing his legal duties.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Since when would that pass under the 1st amendment?

Never.

Only time you can't film is when you are filming from a position obstructing a police officer from doing his legal duties.

that's not true...around here they'll just arrest you and apologize later after you had to pay for a lawyer and bail.

this was in 2013:

http://thenewfaceoftalk.com/press-release-memphis-police-officers-violate-first-amendment-rights-of-las-vegas-freelance-journalist/

and they're all real sorry, it's never happened before, and it'll never happen again....then came 2016:

mem skyline sig.jpeg

34 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

that's not true...around here they'll just arrest you and apologize later after you had to pay for a lawyer and bail.

this was in 2013:

http://thenewfaceoftalk.com/press-release-memphis-police-officers-violate-first-amendment-rights-of-las-vegas-freelance-journalist/

and they're all real sorry, it's never happened before, and it'll never happen again....then came 2016:

How is what I said not true? Nothing in your posts says anything about a law that makes it illegal.

I mean even in the link you posted the Department had it's policy laid out and it was clearly violated.

Also If that's the case...she's got a shitty ass lawyer.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

How is what I said not true? Nothing in your posts says anything about a law that makes it illegal.

I mean even in the link you posted the Department had it's policy laid out and it was clearly violated.

Also If that's the case...she's got a shitty ass lawyer.

7f2.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg