Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish

Week 3 of the CFB season will be huge for the MW

11 hours ago, pokerider said:

Don't see much chance in winning these 5 games - 

Air Force @ Michigan - AF won't have enough

Colorado State @ Alabama - huh

San Jose State vs Utah - fugly

Fresno State vs Washington - nah

San Diego State vs Stanford - low scoring game but Furd has the right type of team to stop Aztecs cold

Wyoming vs Oregon - Pokes have a shot only if they can run the ball effectively.  

Utah State vs Wake Forest - USU would just have to have a really great game to win. 

Nevada vs Idaho State  -  might be MWC only win! 

If Wyoming can control the game with long drives and score most of the time, they might have a shot. 

A good example of that would be the first half of our fairly recent game at Florida St. This was the year that they won the national champ game. We had some long drives and we scored a TD with one of them. With one early FSU possession Jamis Winston immediately threw a pick and we had another time killing drive.

We were beating them 7-3 with about 3 minutes left until halftime and Winston had barely even played. But then they finally busted out with two quick TD's making it 17-7 at halftime. Even with them scoring 2 quick TD's before the half, we held them to the fewest points (17) scored in the 1st half of all their regular season games. Then we got boat raced in the 2nd half. ? We didn't have the depth to stay competitive. 

So if Wyoming is a solid team, it's possible that they could be in it near the end of the 4th qtr. Oregon should really be feeling the high altitude fatigue in the 4th qtr. 

kat.jpg

18 hours ago, k5james said:

Who is predicting that?

A couple of dudes in Laramie that have completely blocked the UNLV, New Mexico and Eastern Michigan games from last year from their minds.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

On 7/19/2017 at 3:42 PM, fanhood said:

Tell us about your team? Honestly, I think we "dominate" you guys, meaning we control from beginning to end. However, I am basing that on your defense being horrendous last year, and your QB being inconsistent.

A new offensive coordinator should make things interesting. Im hoping that Napier will bring back pro-style elements to our offense as we have been in love with the spread offense for TOO LONG.

As for our defense, we'll wait and see. I think we will be some what improved, just not to an elite level.

On 7/20/2017 at 8:44 PM, Jack Bauer said:

Is this what a power statement looks like?

I wan't to know who is predicting Wyoming to have the best G5 defense in the country....

They were 9th in the MWC in scoring defense and 10th in total defense last year.  

2 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

A new offensive coordinator should make things interesting. Im hoping that Napier will bring back pro-style elements to our offense as we have been in love with the spread offense for TOO LONG.

As for our defense, we'll wait and see. I think we will be some what improved, just not to an elite level.

Your defense is going to be better simply from the change in DC. He knows how to coach and did a particularly good job despite being hamstrung by the offense he had.

8 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Got it. Thank you.

Who will be the QB in week 2? Do ASU expect to beat SDSU or have they thought about it yet?

17 hours ago, Fowl said:

Your defense is going to be better simply from the change in DC. He knows how to coach and did a particularly good job despite being hamstrung by the offense he had.

Their defense would be improved if they hired YOU to coach it.

However, last I looked, ASU was still hell bent on running the "tempo" offense which gives their D very little rest. Rocky would say the game is goan be a battle.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 7/21/2017 at 11:22 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I wan't to know who is predicting Wyoming to have the best G5 defense in the country....

They were 9th in the MWC in scoring defense and 10th in total defense last year.  

I thought their defense was terrible.  We played them in a rainstorm, they knew they were going to get a heavy dose of the run, our offense was terrible all year, and they still gave up like 230 yards rushing.  We ran 50 plays the entire game, their defense was well rested, and they had the ball the whole game, and they still gave up all those rushing yards.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg