Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

Trump had second undisclosed meeting with Putin

At the G-20 summit...

"

By Karen DeYoung and Philip Rucker July 18 at 6:29 PM 

After his much-publicized, two-and a quarter-hour meeting early this month with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin at the Group of 20 summit in Germany, President Trump met informally with the Russian leader for an additional hour later the same day.

The second meeting, unreported at the time, took place at a dinner for G-20 leaders, a senior administration official said. Halfway through the meal, Trump left his own seat to occupy a chair next to Putin. Trump was alone, and Putin was attended only by his official interpreter."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-had-undisclosed-hour-long-meeting-with-putin-at-g20-summit/2017/07/18/39c18dd4-6bd0-11e7-96ab-5f38140b38cc_story.html?utm_term=.24691604638d

1 hour ago, mysfit said:

The single interpreter is a break with national security protocol

He has broken with national security protocol so many times I'm no longer surprised when it happens. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Lets just say transparency, openness and accountability to the public has dies with this president   If it hadn't already years ago

I find it more disturbing how the GOP just goes along with it all. Party over country.

Yeah I know, not really surprising. It does give lie to the notion of checks and balances. The checks and balances folks pointed to saying it can't get too bad.

Wrongo

One of the Final Five..........

33 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I find it more disturbing how the GOP just goes along with it all. Party over country.

Yeah I know, not really surprising. It does give lie to the notion of checks and balances. The checks and balances folks pointed to saying it can't get too bad.

Wrongo

You went along with Obama assassinating an American citizen over free speech sweetie.

1 hour ago, easybronc said:

So its dinner time at the G20 summit and its a scandal if Trump goes and sits next to Putin?  

What ?  

"Bremmer said Trump got up from his seat halfway through dinner and spent about an hour talking "privately and animatedly" with Putin, "joined only by Putin's own translator." 

The lack of a U.S. translator raised eyebrows among other leaders at the dinner, said Bremmer, who called it a "breach of national security protocol."

2 hours ago, mysfit said:

Wrongo

As long as Putin ensures Trump stays in office so too will all republican congressmen and senators.   Why would they upset this apple cart?    

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

"Bremmer said Trump got up from his seat halfway through dinner and spent about an hour talking "privately and animatedly" with Putin, "joined only by Putin's own translator." 

The lack of a U.S. translator raised eyebrows among other leaders at the dinner, said Bremmer, who called it a "breach of national security protocol."

I skimmed the article.  Putin was sitting next to Melania and Trump went over and talked to him ... at a dinner party.  The horror.  

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

So phucking what?  

Nit picky bullshit.   

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

It's not as if Trump's predecessor never broke protocol or the law. Whether it be Fast and Furious, secretly obtaining phone records of journalists, attempting to use the IRS to go after political opponents, expanding the "Patriot" Act, purposely killing US citizens without judicial process, demanding outrageous sums for FOIA requests, auctioning out ambassadorships, soliciting donations from health insurers, etc. ... the list goes on and on.

We live in an era now where people are more than happy to overlook the transgressions of their guy as long as he's (or "she's" to avoid accusations of misogyny) on their team. With this foolish trend of willingly granting the Executive Branch unchecked authority while electing populists, we're only going to see more abuses moving forward regardless of which party is in office. We've done this to ourselves by worshiping the two political parties as if they're our favorite sports team or religious sect. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It's not as if Trump's predecessor never broke protocol or the law. Whether it be Fast and Furious, secretly obtaining phone records of journalists, attempting to use the IRS to go after political opponents, expanding the "Patriot" Act, purposely killing US citizens without judicial process, demanding outrageous sums for FOIA requests, auctioning out ambassadorships, soliciting donations from health insurers, etc. ... the list goes on and on.

We live in an era now where people are more than happy to overlook the transgressions of their guy as long as he's (or "she's" to avoid accusations of misogyny) on their team. With this foolish trend of willingly granting the Executive Branch unchecked authority while electing populists, we're only going to see more abuses moving forward regardless of which party is in office. We've done this to ourselves by worshiping the two political parties as if they're our favorite sports team or religious sect. 

/thread

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

^ this 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

When did ruling by executive order rather than compromising and passing meaningful legislation become the norm?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

When did ruling by executive order rather than compromising and passing meaningful legislation become the norm?

9/12/2001

On 7/19/2017 at 4:20 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

Trump is under investigation by the Special Counsel and the FBI. Almost every week we find out about a previously undisclosed contact by the Trump campaign and the Ruskies. Now we have another. if it was any other world leader it wouldn't draw any attention. But it's not any other leader, it's Putin. He was asked yesterday about the meeting. he claimed it only lasted 15 minutes and they were talking about, wait for it...A-+++++ing-doption.