Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

Trump and Cognitive Decline

51 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

How you are being lied to really doesn't matter.

Obama did the same thing as Trump he used simple phrases that mean nothing over and over and over.  They were just done in a way that makes the pseudo intellectual fees smart.   Trump spoke to the uneducated in a way they enjoyed.  It is all just politics.    Is "Hope you can believe in", a phrase that means nothing, any more intelligent than anything Trump says?   Hardly but a different group of morons likes it.

"Hope you can believe in" is a campaign slogan, not speech. Every campaign uses those. Compare "Make America Great Again" with it for an apples to apples comparison. 

Just now, NVGiant said:

"Hope you can believe in" is a campaign slogan, not speech. Every campaign uses those. 

Obama's rhetoric was designed to make people like you happy.

Trumps rhetoric was designed for a different group of people.

Both were lying pieces of shit and in Obama's case obviously didn't mean what he said.   Trump may have meant most of the moronic things he said.

Either way picking between the two and claiming one is better than the other is just a morons choice.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Obama's rhetoric was designed to make people like you happy.

Trumps rhetoric was designed for a different group of people.

Both were lying pieces of shit and in Obama's case obviously didn't mean what he said.   Trump may have meant most of the moronic things he said.

Either way picking between the two and claiming one is better than the other is just a morons choice.

Politicians are politicians, and they all code language to appeal to certain constituencies. That is all beside the point. Trump's speech is incoherent. Clearly, there is no comparison in the way Trump and Obama articulate their thoughts. 

29 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Politicians are politicians, and they all code language to appeal to certain constituencies. That is all beside the point. Trump's speech is incoherent. Clearly, there is no comparison in the way Trump and Obama articulate their thoughts. 

You just don't like the way non-college educated people communicate.   You would rather be preached to by someone saying nothing, in a pretty manner than someone saying something ugly.  You voted for Obama in 2012 and he didn't even have a platform.   He ran on nothing other than attacking Romney.  Yes he was eloquent and i enjoy his speeches, but come on, be honest with yourself at least.

Trump's speech is actually very coherent.  He says "build a wall", "ban muslims", or repeal and replace he was very straightforward everything had meaning which the less educated like

You are just biased.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

You just don't like the way non-college educated people communicate.   You would rather be preached to by someone saying nothing, in a pretty manner than someone saying something ugly.  You voted for Obama in 2012 and he didn't even have a platform.   He ran on nothing other than attacking Romney.  Yes he was eloquent and i enjoy his speeches, but common be honest with yourself at least.

Trump's speech is actually very coherent.  He says "build a wall", "ban muslims", or repeal and replace he was very straightforward everything had meaning which the less educated like

You are just biased.

That is correct. I immediately assume anyone who does not use relatively proper language is either stupid or lazy. (I'm not talking about a simple typo or a blown homonym every now and again.) I also assume they don't read. I've been wrong before, but in most cases it's an accurate assumption, snobbish as it sounds. It's similar to you looking down on people who don't understand basic compound interest or who take out high-interest auto loans.

As far as Trump goes, you are confusing his speeches with his speech. Unless scripted, he struggles to answer even the most basic questions in a coherent manner. He garbles his sentences, resorts to platitudes, and expresses nothing more complicated than the most basic of themes. He relies on bluster, hyperbole, and filler words, such as "very," at least when he is not out-and-out making up words. It does irritate me, bigly. 

It's not political bias for me. I happen to think George H.W. Bush was eloquent. I'm no fan of Newt Gingrich, but he is most definitely articulate. Trump is in a class by himself.

18 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

That is correct. I immediately assume anyone who does not use relatively proper language is either stupid or lazy. (I'm not talking about a simple typo or a blown homonym every now and again.) I also assume they don't read. I've been wrong before, but in most cases it's an accurate assumption, snobbish as it sounds. It's similar to you looking down on people who don't understand basic compound interest or who take out high-interest auto loans.

As far as Trump goes, you are confusing his speeches with his speech. Unless scripted, he struggles to answer even the most basic questions in a coherent manner. He garbles his sentences, resorts to platitudes, and expresses nothing more complicated than the most basic of themes. He relies on bluster, hyperbole, and filler words, such as "very," at least when he is not out-and-out making up words. It does irritate me, bigly. 

It's not political bias for me. I happen to think George H.W. Bush was eloquent. I'm no fan of Newt Gingrich, but he is most definitely articulate. Trump is in a class by himself.

Trump when speaking off the cuff is horrid, I agree.

I just don't care for the snobbish style of the left.  I lose respect for every pundit who like Colbert attacks the messenger and his delivery while ignoring the ideas and policy.   

Anyone can make fun of someone and make them look foolish.  I am a complete idiot yet I can make fun of tapeworm, the girlfriend, and others on this board until some are afraid to post.    Colbert and Obama always act so cool and think they are so smart.  Any comedian with a saturday night live show could make either of them look like Palin or Trump looks if they wanted to.    So that kind or leftist superior act does not impress me like it seems to impress about 80% of this country, little kids in schoolyards are just as good at it as Colbert or Obama.

You all remember Dan Quayle, considered the stupidest man in the country if you watched late night TV.   The guy has run one of the most successful investment fund on Wall street over the last decade.   Obviously not stupid.

George Bush made fun of for being stupid.  Called a criminal and traitor to the country.  Blamed for all kinds of corruption.   Yet there are no investigations or even hints of investigations after almost a decade that he did even anything that smelled the least bit illegal.    He had many successes as president and of course many mistakes.  He will come off as a far better president then Obama despite not being black.   Because black is all Obama has.

Sarah Palin the hack job done on her was orchestrated and dishonest.  Its dishonesty was repeated on network news shows as fact.   Yet you should love her because she was one of the most eloquent republican politicians of the last 20 years.  Very good in front of reporters and very good one on one.   Plus she was smart enough to tell politics to +++++ off and went and cashed in on all that liberal hate making her familiy generationally rich.  My understanding is she has went from middle class to $12-20 million dollars in wealth.   http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/politician/republican/sarah-palin-net-worth/        Very intelligent woman.  Not that I agree with many of her positions or beliefs.