Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

Trump and Cognitive Decline

21 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

I would like to know what he puts in his Cheerios.  The guy is 70 years old and his activity level is pretty extreme for someone of his age.  My mom is 72 and just getting outside the house and maybe making a trip to the store is a major event.

? My dad's 71 and maintains a hobby farm, cuts his own firewood, is constantly building or improving his land. When his dad was in his 80s his complaint was that after running cattle for 8 hours he was tired.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

39 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

People like short simple sentences (as seen by twitter and Trump), or soaring pointless rhetoric with no substance (Obama).  Platitudes can often grab the attention of the public (Hillary and Bernie).

People are dumb.

Or at least the dumb ones like Trump. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

? My dad's 71 and maintains a hobby farm, cuts his own firewood, is constantly building or improving his land. When his dad was in his 80s his complaint was that after running cattle for 8 hours he was tired.

Yea, that is not normal.

56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A lot of dumb people like Trump.  A lot of dumb people do not like Trump.

"The audacity of Hope!":rotflmfao:

You can disparage Obama's rhetoric all you want. Given a choice between that and Trump's moronic apocalypse, I'll go with the former. 

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

You can disparage Obama's rhetoric all you want. Given a choice between that and Trump's moronic apocalypse, I'll go with the former. 

Seconded.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

The audacity of complete sentences.

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Garbage is garbage.  O's just sounded better but there was still zero depth to it and you had people eating it up.

I do not think Trump's mind is slipping, I think he is  talking to people they way they like to be talked to.  There is a reason twitter is so popular.

40 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Garbage is garbage.  O's just sounded better but there was still zero depth to it and you had people eating it up.

I do not think Trump's mind is slipping, I think he is  talking to people they way they like to be talked to.  There is a reason twitter is so popular.

The way 35% of the people like to be spoken to anyway. 

48 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sorry, but this is another complete horseshit equivalency. Obama's soaring rhetoric might have been overly optimistic meant to stir an emotional response (Similar to Reagan, in that way), but it was completely in the realm of what is normal for a leader. Trump is using remedial english to appeal to morons. I don't care what his reasons are. The fact that sentence fragments and grunts appeal to anybody says a lot about where we are now.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

More than that.  Look how popular twitter is.  It is hardly a bastion of quality discourse.  Most of it is barely English.

Twitter sucks, too. 

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Sorry, but this is another complete horseshit equivalency. Obama's soaring rhetoric might have been overly optimistic meant to stir an emotional response (Similar to Reagan, in that way), but it was completely in the realm of what is normal of a leader. Trump is using remedial english to appeal to morons. I don't care what his reasons are. The fact that sentence fragments and grunts appeals to anybody says a lot about where we are now.

Not going to disagree.  I have heard so many people applaud the fact he "does not sound like a politician".  I get that, but I would rather he did not sound like a 6th grade bully in remedial English as well.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

More than that.  Look how popular twitter is.  It is hardly a bastion of quality discourse.  Most of it is barely English.

Yes and many of the people on there spend there time trolling him. That's not exactly an endorsement.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not going to disagree.  I have heard so many people applaud the fact the "does not sound like a politician".  I get that, but I would rather he did not sound like a 6th grade bully in remedial English as well.

I think his use of simplistic language is a significant reason so many are appalled by his very existence on the national stage. I guess for some, they hear a man telling it like it is. But for the rest of us, his remedial use of language is grading and offensive. And that is before we even get to the actual content of what he is saying, which is also typically grading and offensive.

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I think his use of simplistic language is a significant reason so many are appalled by his very existence on the national stage. I guess for some, they hear a man telling it like it is. But for the rest of us, his remedial use of language is grading and offensive. And that is before we even get to the actual content of what he is saying, which is also typically grading and offensive.

Grading? Trump gets an F for both language and content.

6 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

How you are being lied to really doesn't matter.

Obama did the same thing as Trump he used simple phrases that mean nothing over and over and over.  They were just done in a way that makes the pseudo intellectual fees smart.   Trump spoke to the uneducated in a way they enjoyed.  It is all just politics.    Is "Hope you can believe in", a phrase that means nothing, any more intelligent than anything Trump says?   Hardly but a different group of morons likes it.

52 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

Grading? Trump gets an F for both language and content.

Doh! An error so nice I made it twice. Give me an F, too. Damn me and my iPhone.