Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rampage

Sessions want police to take more cash.

These actions and seizures can take place without convictions and without even being charged.

This is so wrong. And this is the AG. What a complete travesty. 

One of the Final Five..........

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

This stuff is criminal.

It is authoritarian government out of control.

Tapeworm, USSR2001, Akulla and Democrats love them some government authoritarian theft.

Not sure why you blame Democrats.  Holder,per the article, worked to curb abuses while Sessions plans to ramp it up.  I'm not saying the Dems are wonderful but the Repubs are as anti-libertarian as the Dems. 

Sessions is a disaster. Civil asset forfeiture, mandatory minimums, war on drugs, reviving DARE... it's like he looked at every failed policy from the '80s and said "yeah those. That's what we're doing". 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Not sure why you blame Democrats.  Holder,per the article, worked to curb abuses while Sessions plans to ramp it up.  I'm not saying the Dems are wonderful but the Repubs are as anti-libertarian as the Dems. 

Holder did nothing but give it mouth service.  Just like Obama and immigration they did nothing and actively kept the current situation in place.

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Holder did nothing but give it mouth service.  Just like Obama and immigration they did nothing and actively kept the current situation in place.

That may be true but they didn't ramp it up like Sessions is promising to do.

Disgusting. This is the kind of stuff that should be getting the media attention.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

This policy is reprehensible. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, tspoke said:

Agreed.

Not to mention also the party of States Rights.

It's a bad policy.  What's to stop the police from saying "oh, that $500 in cash you have is from a suspected drug sale, we're seizing it."

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

17 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It's a bad policy.  What's to stop the police from saying "oh, that $500 in cash you have is from a suspected drug sale, we're seizing it."

Its horrible. Wyoming tried to pass a bill outlawing it here a couple years ago. If I remember correctly the legislature passed it but the Governor vetoes it because there wasn't any evidence of seizure being abused in Wyoming. Don't think there was much push for it again last year.

I was really concerned about Sessions as AG and it is looking like I was right to be.

2 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Thanks.  Forgot it was already posted

19 hours ago, mugtang said:

Nothing. All that nifty military gear doesn't grow on trees, you know.