Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scooter

New Colorado State locker room. UPDATED (VIDEOS)

34 minutes ago, jimjam said:

Probably right.

It is.  I have been to most MWC stadiums.  Boise has the nicest football facilities and press box but the stadium itself is right around 5th in the conference I would say.

I actually think Fresno's will be the nicest after their big remodel with CSU right there.  Maybe CSU edges out cus....better beer and a freaking beer garden.  Super Jelly.

12 minutes ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Are they realistically going to fill up that new 41k stadium? They averaged 27,600 last year granted that was at Hughes. Not trying to start sh!t, maybe some Ram fans can elaborate more?

Some of that is standing room only.  I think they will do a good job filling it up if they have a winning product.  As in 9-10 wins a year consistently.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is.  I have been to most MWC stadiums.  Boise has the nicest football facilities and press box but the stadium itself is right around 5th in the conference I would say.

I actually think Fresno's will be the nicest after their big remodel with CSU right there.  Maybe CSU edges out cus....better beer and a freaking beer garden.  Super Jelly.

CSU looks really nice, can't wait to check it out in the near future when the Dogs play there. Boise is on my bucket list as well. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Are they realistically going to fill up that new 41k stadium? They averaged 27,600 last year granted that was at Hughes. Not trying to start sh!t, maybe some Ram fans can elaborate more?

Just a rumor.  We haven't started selling single game tickets yet.  Those who have inquired have been told to not count on being able to get multiple seats together for the opener.  Granted, that's the opener.  I'm not doubting that we'll average 85%+ in year one.  We'll see how that carries over down the road.

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I really think Boise and CSU's facilities are 1A and 1B.  (Not talking stadiums just football facilities).  I got a tour of the stadium in late March and there are several areas (not quote finished yet at that time) that weren't shown in the video that i really want to see.  One of which is the hall of champions which is a massive Atrium in the middle of the stadium that accesses pretty much everything from that point.  Also coaches offices, team meeting rooms and so on.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

23 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I really think Boise and CSU's facilities are 1A and 1B.  (Not talking stadiums just football facilities).  I got a tour of the stadium in late March and there are several areas (not quote finished yet at that time) that weren't shown in the video that i really want to see.  One of which is the hall of champions which is a massive Atrium in the middle of the stadium that accesses pretty much everything from that point.  Also coaches offices, team meeting rooms and so on.

I have been thru the football facilities at most of the MWC schools. Boise had the best facilities for the players at that time, USU has good support facilities also, I would think CSU should be at the top when you look at the money spent, when Wyoming gets their new building done they will be near the top also.

12 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

I try to go to one away game a year. Started with USC in 2014 followed by Ole Miss in 2015. Took last year off. Washington this year. 

Washington is a great setting.  I don't remember too much about the stadium facilities, but loved the setting.  It probably helped that I tailgated on a houseboat.  If you get a chance, I highly recommend it!

37 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Boise is first.  CSU needs more trophies to show off before it can claim to be 1B.

BSU does have some nice football facilities.

Their stadium however is far from great from a fan's perspective of actually wanting to view the game.

Sight lines and viewing angles for entire lower bowl are just bad.  Don't buy a sideline ticket below row 20.  You will basically have a nice view of the game through a wall of butts of 300 lb. linemen standing 100 feet away.

Best seats, IMHO, are Upper Level first 10 rows, except they are so far from the action, you will end up watching the entire game through binoculars.

For this reason, I would place the BSU Football facilities down near the middle of the pack.

I think CSU's are clearly now the top football facilities of the conference. 

14 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

BSU does have some nice football facilities.

Their stadium however is far from great from a fan's perspective of actually wanting to view the game.

Sight lines and viewing angles for entire lower bowl are just bad.  Don't buy a sideline ticket below row 20.  You will basically have a nice view of the game through a wall of butts of 300 lb. linemen standing 100 feet away.

Best seats, IMHO, are Upper Level first 10 rows, except they are so far from the action, you will end up watching the entire game through binoculars.

For this reason, I would place the BSU Football facilities down near the middle of the pack.

I think CSU's are clearly now the top football facilities of the conference. 

I was talking about everything except BSU's Stadium in my post. every stadium in the conference has some drawback's, of course I have not seen CSU new digs, as far as USU goes the stadium is very small, and the east side is in need of a remodel, restrooms, concessions, covered access etc.. the new west side is nice except we need another concession stand on the north end, and some decent landscaping on the west side.

Lol at anyone in here thinking anyone's facilities can hold a candle to CSUs now

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

@Scooter is the new strength center within the stadium facility and for football only? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

@Scooter is the new strength center within the stadium facility and for football only? 

Yes.  It's in the west side of the stadium and for football only.

There are two weight rooms and training rooms adjacent to Moby that the other sports program will utilize.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg