Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am Ram

America's nightlife hours are the worst!

Seriously. Unless you're in Vegas, Miami, NO, or a bunch of other places, you're sent to bed at 4 am at the latest. I get that many good patriots need to go to church/make money/go hunting/make 3,000 calorie breakfasts in the morning, but can they let the rest of us party as we'd like, please? America is supposed to be the entertainment hub of the world, for crying out loud! I rarely get homesick for Europe, but when I do, it's because I have to meet up with friends at 7 pm because apparently everyone is 80 years old. 7 is not when you go out! 7 is when you do absolutely nothing related to go out. The appropriate time to go out is maybe 9 if you're an early bird. The time to go to a club is 11 or midnight. This has nothing to do with drinking more or doing more drugs. It's about taking an appropriate amount of time to enjoy oneself. Where do these laws come from, and why do most places still have them? America is so good at excess - why not when it comes to party culture?

8 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Seriously. Unless you're in Vegas, Miami, NO, or a bunch of other places, you're sent to bed at 4 am at the latest. I get that many good patriots need to go to church/make money/go hunting/make 3,000 calorie breakfasts in the morning, but can they let the rest of us party as we'd like, please? America is supposed to be the entertainment hub of the world, for crying out loud! I rarely get homesick for Europe, but when I do, it's because I have to meet up with friends at 7 pm because apparently everyone is 80 years old. 7 is not when you go out! 7 is when you do absolutely nothing related to go out. The appropriate time to go out is maybe 9 if you're an early bird. The time to go to a club is 11 or midnight. This has nothing to do with drinking more or doing more drugs. It's about taking an appropriate amount of time to enjoy oneself. Where do these laws come from, and why do most places still have them? America is so good at excess - why not when it comes to party culture?

In my part of the country we party all night even if we are just catfishing.

We were partying all night when we were 14.    

I have no idea why you city folk are so uptight.  Well i do, you hate other peoples rights.

13 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

It's all about perspective.   There are 24 hours in a day whether in the US of EU.  For my part I prefer to go out at 7, have my fun then home by 2.  This way I can actually get some sleep and do something worthwhile the next morning.  You know that 'time to enjoy yourself ' you spoke of.  Of course when I was younger I hated last call so point taken.

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

In my part of the country we party all night even if we are just catfishing.

We were partying all night when we were 14.    

I have no idea why you city folk are so uptight.  Well i do, you hate other peoples rights.

And by "partying" you probably mean sniffing gasoline in Uncle Timmy's cow touching barn. I am talking about actual nightlife surrounded by civilization, not your awful hillbilly crap.

2 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

And by "partying" you probably mean sniffing gasoline in Uncle Timmy's cow touching barn. I am talking about actual nightlife surrounded by civilazation, not your awful hillbilly crap.

We have more fun than you do.

It really isn't even close.  Better food, no cops to speak of and it often goes on for days.

16 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

It's all about perspective.   There are 24 hours in a day whether in the US of EU.  For my part I prefer to go out at 7, have my fun then home by 2.  This way I can actually get some sleep and do something worthwhile the next morning.  You know that 'time to enjoy yourself ' you spoke of.  Of course when I was younger I hated last call so point taken.

Right, that's the perspective of a 35+ guy, but what is there worthwhile to do at 8 am for a twenty-something?

(For the record, I am 36 and have two kids. I love being fresh and fit in the morning. I just want to be able to be at a club or bar until 8 in the morning if I wanted to. Which I don't.) 

2 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Right, that's the perspective of a 35+ guy, but what is there worthwhile to do at 8 am for a twenty-something?

(For the record, I am 36 and have to kids. I love being fresh and fit in the morning. I just want to be able to be at a club or bar until 8 in the morning if I wanted to. Which I don't.) 

Good morning sex.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

We have more fun than you do.

It really isn't even close.  

I'm sure. I mean, what could possibly be more exciting than late-night church bingo and a case of Rolling Rock? 

27 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

I'm sure. I mean, what could possibly be more exciting than late-night church bingo and a case of Rolling Rock? 

Clueless he is.

I can't think of anything more boring that going to a club.    

We had our yearly 4th of july party last week.  Included 50-150 people depending on the day.  Sailing, dancing, drinking, drugs i am sure, water skiing, fishing, about 2 miles of sandy beach with no one else there.  Dirt biking, shooting whatever you want really because there are no city people or cops to ruin you day.  Barbecue at night, pancakes every morning.  Fireworks show since several of us are fireman and have state licenses to do so.   Then visit the hotsprings at night if you want, a young adult must.

Pretty boring though you're right.  Sitting in a club with 100 people you don't know maybe dancing to shitty music and all those overpriced drinks and food is much better I am sure.  HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!     All the young men and women come home from whatever party school they attend, to come to that party every year.

35 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

We had our yearly 4th of july party last week.  Included 50-150 people depending on the day.  Sailing, dancing, drinking, drugs i am sure, water skiing, fishing, about 2 miles of sandy beach with no one else there.  Dirt biking, shooting whatever you want really because there are no city people or cops to ruin you day.  Barbecue at night, pancakes every morning.  Fireworks show since several of us are fireman and have state licenses to do so.   Then visit the hotsprings at night if you want, a young adult must.

I'm glad you had fun, but this sounds like the same things every standard middle-aged man always does, just everything at the same time. I'm sure someone brought a bunch of golf clubs too.

Sitting in a club with 100 people you don't know maybe dancing to shitty music and all those overpriced drinks and food is much better I am sure.  HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!     All the young men and women come home from whatever party school they attend, to come to that party every year.

I wouldn't know about those. At the clubs I used to and - rarely - still go to, you don't eat or buy overpriced drinks. You go there for the music, your friends, and - if that's your thing - the drugs. You wear good shoes, and you dance your f.uckin ass off. Some people leave in the morning, others leave and come back after a few hours of sleep. The very ambitious folks arrive Friday night and won't go home until Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. Real, serious partying takes discipline and determination. Your average party school frat boy, who just tries to get wasted as hard as he can, has no idea what a real club is like.

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Clueless he is.

I can't think of anything more boring that going to a club.    

Pretty boring though you're right.  Sitting in a club with 100 people you don't know maybe dancing to shitty music and all those overpriced drinks and food is much better I am sure.  HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!     All the young men and women come home from whatever party school they attend, to come to that party every year.

How quaint. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

7 hours ago, I am Ram said:

all bars in Tennessee are required to shut down by 3am....except for Beale Street...we had a special law passed in Nashville to allow Beale to keep rocking til 5am.

bike-night-on-beale-st-4775316786511872.

after 5am I head to E's 24 hour cafe to sober up with breakfast and coffee before passing out.

o.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Nevadans don't know what this thread is about.

Speaking for the distractingly handsome, we've caught our limit by 2 am. Only sad conversations and bad things happen after then.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Speaking for the distractingly handsome, we've caught our limit by 2 am. Only sad conversations and bad things happen after then.

Yes, and I tend to be the reason for your sad conversations and the bad things that happen.  a035.gif

"Who is this strikingly handsome guy in the CSU shirt on the dance floor? The one who just fingered my wife so perfectly she immediately left me. He must have some real watercolors"

15 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Yes, and I tend to be the reason for your sad conversations and the bad things that happen.  a035.gif

Crystal meth personified.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Growing up in Vegas I never knew that bars closed in other cities until I was in my 20's.  I always considered Vegas "normal" and other places as having the weird laws. Just didn't know any different.  

Yeah last call truly sucks, I saw somewhere that California is trying to change it to 4AM  from 2AM. 2AM last call is the worst. 

If anything it seems like it makes it less safe for things such as drunk driving.