Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Fish are people too!

I hate people so much

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@Old_SD_Dude @smltwnrckr @toonkee

This is why you should be rooting for global warming, so everybody +++++ing drowns when all the ice melts.

If I weren't a trout fisherman, I just might be.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

They kill living things to stay alive as well.  How do they justify the death of innocent plant life and place the order of their lives less than others....hypocrites.

The only thing the fishermen did wrong was not club the fish for a quick death.

Phucking assholes.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

Just now, Chile_Ute said:

They kill living things to stay alive as well.  How do they justify the death of innocent plant life and place the order of their lives less than others....hypocrites.

The only thing the fishermen did wrong was not club the fish for a quick death.

Phucking assholes.

True.  Keep them on a stringer in the water if you want to keep them.  I catch and release my self as the waters I like to fish are protected.  Although if I get a mountain white fish around dinner time....

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

That fish eats smaller fish.  Someone needs to protect the smaller fish.

I'm not defending the actions of those people in the video, however other animals do not have the capacity to make "ethical" decisions the same way that humans do.  Should humans hold themselves to a higher standard, so to speak?

Just now, toonkee said:

I'm not defending the actions of those people in the video, however other animals do not have the capacity to make "ethical" decisions the same way that humans do.  Should humans hold themselves to a higher standard, so to speak?

No. There is nothing wrong with eating fish.  But if the guy was going to keep the fish he should have killed the fish as soon as he took it off the hook. 

In NV that protester would be the one in trouble if the cops responded to the call.  You can't interfere with a sportsmen in legal pursuit of game.  The guy would have gotten a citation and a fine. Might be charged with theft too. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

19 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

No. There is nothing wrong with eating fish.  But if the guy was going to keep the fish he should have killed the fish as soon as he took it off the hook. 

In NV that protester would be the one in trouble if the cops responded to the call.  You can't interfere with a sportsmen in legal pursuit of game.  The guy would have gotten a citation and a fine. Might be charged with theft too. 

I'm asking if there is a distinction between a fish eating another fish versus a human who can contemplate the morality of it.  You say the fish should not suffer more than it needs to. Let's follow that line of reasoning. Maybe the fish shouldn't have to suffer at all at the hands of people that have such choices in what they eat.

20 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I'm asking if there is a distinction between a fish eating another fish versus a human who can contemplate the morality of it.  You say the fish should not suffer more than it needs to. Let's follow that line of reasoning. Maybe the fish shouldn't have to suffer at all at the hands of people that have such choices in what they eat.

I choose to eat fish.  I had a lox sandwich for lunch.   I somehow managed to do it without guilt.

Are you a vegan?  

Barack Obama

11 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I choose to eat fish.  I had a lox sandwich for lunch.   I somehow managed to do it without guilt.

Are you a vegan?  

Nope, just a guy asking questions.

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Nope, just a guy asking questions.

The only moral issue I have with eating meat, or killing animals for food, is the disregard for the suffering of the animal.  

If that's all the protester was mad about, I'd agree with him. 

Barack Obama

Put these people in charge (their utopia) and shit would get really crazy really fast.

Let all the cows go, watch them eat your vegan crops, and then get ripped apart by every land predator.

Let all the sheep go, and if they survive, their coats will weigh them down until they die.

Ignore invasive species, like the quagga mussel, and watch our hydro dams fail, irrigation (to grow plants) get clogged. Remove pesticides that kill mice, rats, and insects, and watch the food supply diminish. Watch these vegan pussies start to starve.

Then, and only then, would dumbshits like these guys understand that we have to compete to survive in this world. Yes, animals feel pain. Insects feel pain, and plants also sense pain.

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

Put these people in charge (their utopia) and shit would get really crazy really fast.

Let all the cows go, watch them eat your vegan crops, and then get ripped apart by every land predator.

Let all the sheep go, and if they survive, their coats will weigh them down until they die.

Ignore invasive species, like the quagga mussel, and watch our hydro dams fail, irrigation (to grow plants) get clogged. Remove pesticides that kill mice, rats, and insects, and watch the food supply diminish. Watch these vegan pussies start to starve.

Then, and only then, would dumbshits like these guys understand that we have to compete to survive in this world. Yes, animals feel pain. Insects feel pain, and plants also sense pain.

They respond to damage but sense pain?

Can you point to a credible source on this?

Thanks.