Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Letter from Bush Sr to Jr before 1988 Election

Oh how I long for these days again.  Man GB #1 was a classy guy.  Maybe Trump Jr should've received a letter like this from his father.  Probably not because he doesn't get it :shrug: 

IMG_0540.JPG

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

28 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Oh how I long for these days again.  Man GB #1 was a classy guy.  Maybe Trump Jr should've received a letter like this from his father.  Probably not because he doesn't get it :shrug: 

IMG_0540.JPG

As if his father could write one...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

As if his father could write one...

You got me there. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

What's with the question mark at the end of the second paragraph? I realize I'm persnickety but how is that a question? Do you see the difference between these sentences and the one bush sr wrote? Is it just that fixing typos was a pain in the ass before word processors? 

8 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

What's with the question mark at the end of the second paragraph? I realize I'm persnickety but how is that a question? Do you see the difference between these sentences and the one bush sr wrote? Is it just that fixing typos was a pain in the ass before word processors? 

I'm going to guess it was because of this.  It was probably a letter 41 wrote himself so he likely didn't proof read it either.  

Guest RoscoesDad

GB41 was a great guy.  I voted for him.  Those were the days when sensible republicans roamed the earth.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I'm going to guess it was because of this.  It was probably a letter 41 wrote himself so he probably didn't proof read it either.  

I mean it's certainly better written than anything trump would come up with.

deer don,

i am very concerned that things could get very difficult for us very soon in a very short period of time. If you talk to puttin or any of his peoples, donut leave a bigly paper trail. Rusha has very dirty dirt on cruckid hilleree. Sad. But we can't let the liar medium get their very bigly hands on any evident. Keep it to tell a phone calls only. This is why I donut use the age of computer. Noone no's what the hell is going on. I have to finish righting this letter before 5atnite be cuz I start sundowning around dinner. I have a well done stake with catch-up for dinner. I enjoy dinner. K gonna watch foxin frenz now. Bai

-signature that looks like a faulty ekg machine

pee es: tell Eric to get the hell up here and cleanup his micromasheens

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I mean it's certainly better written than anything trump would come up with.

deer don,

i am very concerned that things could get very difficult for us very soon in a very short period of time. If you talk to puttin or any of his peoples, donut leave a bigly paper trail. Rusha has very dirty dirt on cruckid hilleree. Sad. But we can't let the liar medium get their very bigly hands on any evident. Keep it to tell a phone calls only. This is why I donut use the age of computer. Noone no's what the hell is going on. I have to finish righting this letter before 5atnite be cuz I start sundowning around dinner. I have a well done stake with catch-up for dinner. I enjoy dinner. K gonna watch foxin frenz now. Bai

-signature that looks like a faulty ekg machine

pee es: tell Eric to get the hell up here and cleanup his micromasheens

That was difficult to read. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I'm going to guess it was because of this.  It was probably a letter 41 wrote himself so he likely didn't proof read it either.  

Also an incorrect apostrophe in the P.S.!

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Also an incorrect apostrophe in the P.S.!

Then it was definitely not a Secretary as they would've picked up on that.  

29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That was difficult to read. :lol: 

It was difficult to write. My phone kept trying to correct the spelling errors. Finally I was like,"Siri, I'm trying to type like the president of the United States." And she was like, "oh ok then, I'll leave you to it." 

Just now, SJSUMFA2013 said:

It was difficult to write. My phone kept trying to correct the spelling errors. Finally I was like,"Siri, I'm trying to type like the president of the United States." And she was like, "oh ok then, I'll leave you to it." 

:lol:

6 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

It saddens me that I laughed at that. Good God has this country gone off the rails.

22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It saddens me that I laughed at that. Good God has this country gone off the rails.

I've gone full dark humor to deal with it. Hopefully it works long enough for mueller to complete his investigation.

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I figured it was a rhetorical question and that the article had been provided with the letter

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.