Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

judonomi

Cool rivalry study

8 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

They survey fans.  Look at one of my previous posts, and you can add to the dataset by taking it.

And agreed, I find this interesting, and also concur that we need to build the current rivalries, and add (but do it organically).

I'd like to see the number of fans that have opined.  For example, for Wyo if the results is based on 1,000 fans it would mean much more than if it was based on 10 fans' surveys.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 hours ago, Mad_Hatter said:

75 UNLV

20 Boise St

5 Fresno St

When Nevada loses a game to UNLV I'm palpably agitated for at least a week. BSU is lopsided but our history of close and meaningful games is noteworthy. FSU starts with a battle for recruits and a nice back and forth in conference play. 

Whoa this was the same as mine. Good minds think alike. 

6 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

No, it stems from the fact that more than half of the replay booths in the league were run in this fashion without incident, then suddenly it's a problem.  You have no evidence cheating occurred.

Come on Jack.  The world saw the conclusive evidence and the result coming out of the replay booth.  What we don't know, is why the BYU guy in the replay booth got it wrong.  If not intentional, it was incompetence.  Personally, I've always thought you BYU guys were a pretty smart bunch.

5 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

A team by definition can't have 10 rivals! You just stack-ranked the teams Wyo has the most history with.

You probably shouldn't be concerned about a point of 1 listed next to a team, right?

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Perhaps, but if that is called a fumble they don't score a TD to start the 4th, leaving them with 17 points instead of 24. Final score was 24-21.

The issue has nothing to do about the outcome of the game and everything to do with either the character or incompetence of BYU folk.

50 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Huh? I mean BYU's score for SDSU....you guys clearly have some issue with us. 

On the flip side, yes our score for BYU would be high for exactly why you say, being on the losing side often. 

I already stated why we don't like SDSU.  It's what started this long exchange

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Come on Jack.  The world saw the conclusive evidence and the result coming out of the replay booth.  What we don't know, is why the BYU guy in the replay booth got it wrong.  If not intentional, it was incompetence.  Personally, I've always thought you BYU guys were a pretty smart bunch.

Do you guys understand the role of the controller in the replay booth?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Do you guys understand the role of the controller in the replay booth?

I'm not talking about the role of one guy.  The process failed, either due to incompetence or a lack of character, by someone.  Do you disagree with this?

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I'm not talking about the role of one guy.  The process failed, either due to incompetence or a lack of character, by someone.  Do you disagree with this?

If the company line was water isn't wet he would argue it to his grave. He's a real trooper. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

56 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I don't.  The replay official asked for particular views of the play from certain cameras, and those are the views he saw.  It's not the job of the controller to try to influence the outcome of a replay by speaking to the replay official or having him note a particular view.  That would be like some kid on the sideline holding the down markers trying to get the ref to call something that he saw in the moment that the official missed.

Yes, the process failed.  Yes, it was a mistake.  Yes, it was wrong, and my team benefited from it.

16 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

With this year's watered down BSU team?  Yeah, I'll take it. 

I think they'll have a pretty good defense this year.  I think they'll be lacking at RB and WR.  Not sure about Oline.  I hope you meet them in the Pot Bowl

5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I think they'll have a pretty good defense this year.  I think they'll be lacking at RB and WR.  Not sure about Oline.  I hope you meet them in the Pot Bowl

Defense could be good. They are so thin at LB, though, that there is potential that injuries could really hurt them there.

They are not lacking at RB. Mattison and Beasley are the two highest rated RBs they've ever signed. Mattison just put together the best trFR year Boise has had in recent memory and that was playing behind an All Conference and NFL draft pick. He's the next RB out of Boise to get drafted. Beasley is a wildcard. He was a consensus 4**** guy until he was ruled ineligible his SR year and didn't play. It's been a long time since Boise didn't have an All Conference guy at RB.

WR, possibly. Ced Wilson is a super stud. For some reason they have had a hard time building depth the last few years. They had some young guys that have contributed a little that need to step up. They are also bringing in a very, very good WR class. Also, they are deep and talented at TE. This is a TBD group, but Ced is one of the best in the league and Roh is a multi year All Conference TE. He was injured most of last year, but he's good for 30-35 catches normally. He could have a huge SR year.

OL should be fine. They return a lot of guys who played well as FR in backup roles and bring in a couple JC guys including a 4**** guy who turned down multiple Pac 12 offers and was listed by one service as the best recruit in the MW.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

I already stated why we don't like SDSU.  It's what started this long exchange

If our reaction wasn't hitting close to home your fanbase wouldn't be so upset about the incident...you could simply shrug it off. Lot a hate for that, but if this is based on 2013 data it could be all about the timing.

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

If our reaction wasn't hitting close to home your fanbase wouldn't so upset about the incident...you could simply shrug it off. Lot a hate for that, but if this is based on 2013 data it could be all about the timing.

Ya, could be.  I was just telling why I thought that was the case.  There's been some bad blood there over the past decade.  Funny we may be bedfellows in football going forward, if what some of your fans say is true regarding SDSU going indy and stashing their team in the Cali Bus league.  

2 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Yes, very interesting.  It would be a shame if that poll turned out to be inaccurate.  Just turrible.

I ask you:  What CFB team in the whole country would be the most painful loss for BSU?  That's the true test of rivalry.  BSU fans, by and large, would lose their shit.  Can anyone tell me I'm wrong? 

While I agree you guys are rivals, this in and of itself doesn't prove anything. Michigan's most painful loss ever may be to Appalachian State, but I wouldn't call them rivals. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

16 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Ya, could be.  I was just telling why I thought that was the case.  There's been some bad blood there over the past decade.  Funny we may be bedfellows in football going forward, if what some of your fans say is true regarding SDSU going indy and stashing their team in the Cali Bus league.  

Speaking of Boise RBs:

https://twitter.com/KTVBSportsGuy/status/885573794395377664/photo/1

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Here's a list of all the FBS teams w/ a player who has rushed for 1100+ yards in each of the last 8 seasons:
1. #BoiseState

Yup. That's it.