Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

judonomi

Cool rivalry study

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Another anomaly...

Boston College ranks its rivals as:

Notre Dame - 74

Virginia Tech - 9

... neither of which consider Boston College its rival.

https://knowrivalry.com/team/boston_college/

Do BC and ND play that much?  

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2016&team1=Notre+Dame&team2=BostonCollege

Not a ton of games.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Another anomaly...

Boston College ranks its rivals as:

Notre Dame - 74

Virginia Tech - 9

... neither of which consider Boston College its rival.

https://knowrivalry.com/team/boston_college/

If you want an ouch moment, Memphis fans list Louisville, Ole Miss, and Tennessee as their top three rivals, overwhelmingly.  They got 3 points in reciprocation.  Total.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Bogus list, absolutely no mention of Minnesota or Idaho as Colorado State's main rival. 

When CSU decides to check the "Yes, No, Maybe" box for the Big Ten, it will shoot up to the top, and will replace Ohio State-Michigan as The Game.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

When CSU decides to check the "Yes, No, Maybe" box for the Big Ten, it will shoot up to the top, and will replace Ohio State-Michigan as The Game.

Not gonna happen.

Minnesota doesn't have enough pull.

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

A facemask still occurred on the play.  

So

doesnt change the fact that the only reviewable play was butchered because a byu guy was cheating in the replay booth. It's really on the conference though. With byu' s history how in the hell did they let this happen?

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

8 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I agree with the first three for Boise State but the rest are meh.

For CSU, any list without Minnesota as their numero uno rival is trash.  

And I completely agree!!!  I would like to invite the entire board to join me in logging in as a CSU fan and moving that Minnesota rivalry up the charts to it's rightful place.

Please help!  Votr!

11 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Nobody said it is.  A facemask still occurred on the play.  Given that, the outcome after the review was still the correct one.

I know you are sick of the SDSU fans whining, but you can't possibly believe this.

Reviews need to look at what they are reviewing, can't parse the play and look for penalties that were not called, otherwise games would take forever.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Probably right.  You may just have to push OSU aside and CSU-Michigan can stake its proper place in the annals of CFB.

Maybe after this season's game, it'll be CSU - Bama...

350.png

26 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Interesting data. Houston and Cincy has no real rivals in the AAC. Also, WVU has no real rival in the Big 12. Looks like Mizzo and A&M are developing rivals in the SEC. Shows how bad some of the new conferences have become for tradition.

A&M is not developing rivalries.  They're selecting programs and unilaterally deeming them rivals.  They are completely fixated on Texas.  So fixated in fact, that they pretend they don't care.  If you don't believe me, head over to their board and observe the obsession. 

23 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

So

doesnt change the fact that the only reviewable play was butchered because a byu guy was cheating in the replay booth. It's really on the conference though. With byu' s history how in the hell did they let this happen?

Stop pretending you care about the ultimate outcome of the play.  All you care about is speaking ill of BYU and making shit up.  Do we need to revisit other threads where you have done this?  

16 minutes ago, Mano said:

I know you are sick of the SDSU fans whining, but you can't possibly believe this.

Reviews need to look at what they are reviewing, can't parse the play and look for penalties that were not called, otherwise games would take forever.

I'm not saying it's reviewable.  I'm saying in the end, the outcome was correct regardless, so they shouldn't worry about it because there was a facemask that was missed.  I completely understand that it was the wrong call, and that the replay official didn't see the play (for whatever reason) from the angle that would have rewarded the ball to SDSU.  

If a missed replay bothers these guys, for consistency sake, a missed facemask should as well.  But I've never heard that argument put forth.  You don't hear me crying every three months about the fumble after an interception when our guy was down in the Utah game in 2010, because missed replays are just something that happens sometimes.  Additionally, if he was a smart player, he just should have hit the turf when he intercepted the ball, because of the point we were at in the game.  That is a deficit in coaching and player smarts and has nothing to do with the fact that an incorrect call was likely made.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't know..........he brought this one up, not SDSU fans.  :ph34r:

Damn straight...I chalked the schadenfreude score up to significant cultural differences and sharing a conference for a long time. Jack see's it differently though. If he's right it just means the holier than thou types really hold a grudge when you call them on their shit.

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Another pair of lists I found interesting

Top Mutual Rivalries and Most Lopsided Rivalries

UU and BYU indeed are mutual rivals after all.  And Idaho hates Boise a whole lot more than Boise hates Idaho.

A WYO grad must have been involved in calculating the Most Lopsided Rivalries on that list.

Started off pretty strong... but then Duke - UNC, Oregon St - Oregon?

No mention of the CSU-WYO disparity which has a 30pt difference.

10 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Damn straight...I chalked the schadenfreude score up to significant cultural differences and sharing a conference for a long time. Jack see's it differently though. If he's right it just means the holier than thou types really hold a grudge when you call them on their shit.

LOL, I"m far from holier than thou.

I also think the schadenfreude score has to do with getting beat more often than not, even with your best teams.

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

LOL, I"m far from holier than thou.

I also think the schadenfreude score has to do with getting beat more often than not, even with your best teams.

Huh? I mean BYU's score for SDSU....you guys clearly have some issue with us. 

On the flip side, yes our score for BYU would be high for exactly why you say, being on the losing side often. 

8 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Another pair of lists I found interesting

Top Mutual Rivalries and Most Lopsided Rivalries

UU and BYU indeed are mutual rivals after all.  And Idaho hates Boise a whole lot more than Boise hates Idaho.

Yes, very interesting.  It would be a shame if that poll turned out to be inaccurate.  Just turrible.

I ask you:  What CFB team in the whole country would be the most painful loss for BSU?  That's the true test of rivalry.  BSU fans, by and large, would lose their shit.  Can anyone tell me I'm wrong?