Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

The Real Reason Woj Left SJSU

33 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

The facts are slowly spilling, but the administration couldn't afford a raise with his extension. 

Couldn't or wouldn't?

Completely out of line to take into account his .262 winning record, or .167 conference record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Wojcik#College

2 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

He had a lot of obstacles though too.  I feel like he was making progress and absolutely deserved an extension.  

Maybe.  Maybe he was just fed up with a university that really didn't give a shit, and was not willing to put up with the obstacles at that salary.  SJSU talks a lot, but hasn't done anything to walk the walk.  If you were a D1 coach, in any sport would you take that job??

5 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Maybe.  Maybe he was just fed up with a university that really didn't give a shit, and was not willing to put up with the obstacles at that salary.  SJSU talks a lot, but hasn't done anything to walk the walk.  If you were a D1 coach, in any sport would you take that job??

No, I would not work for that university.  Thats why I don't think you can really take his record into account.  He polished that turd as best he could and was actually making headway.  If they had doubts about his coaching they are high.  They won't find any better.  

1 minute ago, SpartanGrad said:

Sort of like how you couldn't afford to proofread your post's title? 

#sad #wesuck

You misspelled "we suck"...you're welcome for the assist.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

20 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

Sort of like how you couldn't afford to proofread your post's title? 

#sad

Thanks for the help. You sound rich. Give all your extra money to SJSU. They're poor. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Thanks for the help. You sound rich. Give all your extra money to SJSU. They're poor. 

Figures an FSU fan would equates diction with highfalutin society types. Yes sir, SJSU is not for uncouth layabouts... SJSU is for gentlemen.  

spartan-hands.gif

13 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

Figures an FSU fan would equates diction with highfalutin society types. Yes sir, SJSU is not for uncouth layabouts... SJSU is for gentlemen.  

You're trying way too hard, bro. You don't even MWC Board. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, SpartanGrad said:

***Quietly points to Cousin Maynard and then le sigh***

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

46 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

***Quietly points to Cousin Maynard and then le sigh***

Pointing at the average person:

white-right-pointing-backhand-index.png

Pointing at Huge Maytard:

white-down-pointing-backhand-index.png

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Wojcik's winning percentage is highly misleading. As others have said using video, SJSU basketball was a total dumpster fire when Wojcik was hired yet the guy managed to defeat a probable HOF, Steve Fisher, last season. As to SJSU, that school's athletics are indeed so awful that I can't imagine anyone with demonstrated success as a HC wanting to work there except a Mike Davis whose career has taken such a downslide that it's almost hit rock bottom.

And yeah, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that the main reason Wojcik quit when he did is he was led to believe a raise was coming but then the money evaporated as quickly as the dough once designated for the North End Zone project.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Wojcik's winning percentage is highly misleading. As others have said using video, SJSU basketball was a total dumpster fire when Wojcik was hired yet the guy managed to defeat a probable HOF, Steve Fisher, last season.

Everyone could beat SDSU last year.  It wasn't a feat to do so, which made it odd that they rushed the court.

32 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Everyone could beat SDSU last year.  It wasn't a feat to do so, which made it odd that they rushed the court.

We were lousy for sure but the team Wojcik inherited couldn't have defeated De La Salle High School.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Because it was something new for us.  Why not celebrate?:)