Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierRebel

UNLV to Play Northwestern in 2019

That's a good game and definitely winnable.  We play them this year and although I expect to lose given the change in staff and systems, I like our chances better than some of our previous "pay day" games.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, RoscoesDad said:

That's a huge payday for a mid-level P5 program.  I like this much better than a home/home.

Yeah it is.  They're paying us $1.3 million this year.  B1G money!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I am still hoping a UNLV donor will come up with $2 million dollars for UNLV to pay a big boy like USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida State, Wisconsin etc. to come play UNLV in our opening game at the new stadium in 2020!

Best way to open the new Stadium would be with 60,000 people in attendance and a big primetime ESPN Saturday night game on September 5, 2020!

I do NOT want to open the new stadium with Louisiana Tech.  If the new AD has any connections at all maybe she could get us Virginia Tech for that opening game.

We got Arizona State the following Saturday night (September 12, 2020) in the new stadium so what a way to open the new building in Vegas!  Get a big name for that opening game and UNLV could be 2-0 and sitting in the top 25 to start the 2020 season!

Hire a big name coach immediately.  I heard Bob Stoops is bored.

10 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I am still hoping a UNLV donor will come up with $2 million dollars for UNLV to pay a big boy like USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida State, Wisconsin etc. to come play UNLV in our opening game at the new stadium in 2020!

Best way to open the new Stadium would be with 60,000 people in attendance and a big primetime ESPN Saturday night game on September 5, 2020!

I do NOT want to open the new stadium with Louisiana Tech.  If the new AD has any connections at all maybe she could get us Virginia Tech for that opening game.

when you have a high capacity stadium in an area with good recruits...getting home-home series with P5 teams isn't that tough.

Memphis has a home-home with UCLA currently and have done recent home-home series with Mississippi, Duke, and Kansas.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

32 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

when you have a high capacity stadium in an area with good recruits...getting home-home series with P5 teams isn't that tough.

Memphis has a home-home with UCLA currently and have done recent home-home series with Mississippi, Duke, and Kansas.

Yeah I know.  UNLV has had UCLA, Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Washington State, Oregon State etc. in the past.

But you only open a new $2 billion dollar stadium once and I want it to be a huge event!  UNLV should raise $2 million and bring in a big boy to open the stadium the right way with 60,000 fans in attendance and the LV Strip Rocking!

Arizona State at home for week #2 and it would feel like UNLV is finally in the big time with back to back games at HOME with over 50,000 fans!

Raiders would be nervous that UNLV is taking over their building before the NFL season even starts!

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Yeah I know.  UNLV has had UCLA, Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Washington State, Oregon State etc. in the past.

But you only open a new $2 billion dollar stadium once and I want it to be a huge event!  UNLV should raise $2 million and bring in a big boy to open the stadium the right way with 60,000 fans in attendance and the LV Strip Rocking!

Arizona State at home for week #2 and it would feel like UNLV is finally in the big time with back to back games at HOME with over 50,000 fans!

Raiders would be nervous that UNLV is taking over their building before the NFL season even starts!

save 2 million and offer a 2-for-1 like UCF did.

They were opening their brand new on-campus stadium and wanted a 'name' team as well...they shopped around a 2-for-1 and opened with Texas.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

We got Arizona State the following Saturday night (September 12, 2020) in the new stadium so what a way to open the new building in Vegas!  Get a big name for that opening game and UNLV could be 2-0 and sitting in the top 25 to start the 2020 season!

Hire a big name coach immediately.  I heard Bob Stoops is bored.

I'm not sure that $2M is enough to get a blueblood to give up a home game to play in Vegas.

http://www.thelantern.com/2014/09/each-ohio-state-football-gameday-brings-in-about-7-15m/

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

just glancing at the schedules I believe opening dates for 2020 (stadium opens 2020 right?) would be the weekend of 9/5/2020

In theory USC has that date open and they already have 2 home games scheduled for 2020...offer them a 2-for-1 with the first game in Las Vegas.

best I can come up with looking at the schedules as most teams are booked.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

just glancing at the schedules I believe opening dates for 2020 (stadium opens 2020 right?) would be the weekend of 9/5/2020

In theory USC has that date open and they already have 2 home games scheduled for 2020...offer them a 2-for-1 and I bet they would travel very well to Las Vegas

best I can come up with looking at the schedules as most teams are booked.

Yeah maybe.  I think we play at USC next year (2018) already.  So maybe we could go there in 2021 and 2022 also if they were willing to come to Vegas for September 5, 2020!

Someone email the UNLV AD and let her know what we (I) came up with.

6 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Yeah maybe.  I think we play at USC next year (2018) already.  So maybe we could go there in 2021 and 2022 also if they were willing to come to Vegas for September 5, 2020!

Someone email the UNLV AD and let her know what we (I) came up with.

yep...they essentially get 3 home games with UNLV and only have to go to Vegas once to open the stadium.

that's a good deal for both sides.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Last time UNLV played at Northwestern in 1998 I went to the game and all I remember hearing the whole game from the annoying announcer was:

First Down N O R T H W  E   S   T   E   R  NNN!

etc. etc. etc.

Until finally it was 41-7.