Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Live streaming games through the board

Video  

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

So I'm currently looking at making it possible to view a live stream of a game through the board and allow for a discussion of that game at the same time.  Stay tuned.

Ive actually given this concept a mini test run back in the Criterium Du Dauphine(Cycling Race) thread.

What I did was I would post the youtube link to a youtube user's feed of the live stream of the Dauphine on my Dauphine thread here on MWCBoard.

Initially it did fine, but after a while, the thread started locking up and began jamming up my computer so I would constantly have to restart my computer.

Overall results of my mini test run: "Mixed"

56 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So what I'm working on is taking the live stream on YouTube or mwc digital network and embedding that into the site.  Then, you'd be able to watch those games on the site and chat with everybody at the same time. This would beat having 2 tabs open and not being able to mwcboard and watch the game simultaneously. 

Agree with Kalua.  That would be ridiculously nice.  It would obviously be only the games on the MWC digital platform and not the CBSSports and ESPN stuff.  Still, we all hate those games and this would make them relevant.

For those wonder, here's what I'm looking at doing...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

What my hope is to do is embed all game videos like this into the site and it will will stay "froze" at the top of your screen you'll be able to discuss the games below.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, kalua pig said:

mugtang,10/7 fresno at sjsu.pay per view cuz.

Nobody will pay to watch that.  You may have to pay people to watch it. 

Just now, kalua pig said:

i will paypal you 2 dollars.

Use the donation link on the first page.

FYI - I unpinned the MWCDN changes and just linked it in this thread.

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

FYI - I unpinned the MWCDN changes and just linked it in this thread.

Thanks for the temporary pin.  Hopefully the regulars on the board are aware of it especially with Stadium broadcast games. 

Glad the MW continues to not prohibit embedding the games.

FYI:  Stadium is broadcasting UTSA vs Houston in Houston.   The Tribune TV stations are being setup for Stadium broadcast games from the Tribune stations they will be merging so this bodes well as the Tribunes stations will fill a lot of the gaps that Sinclair had within the MW footprint.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:17 PM, mugtang said:

So I'm currently looking at making it possible to view a live stream of a game through the board and allow for a discussion of that game at the same time.  Stay tuned.

Awesome.

Wyoming games carry a deadly virus

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Hopefully I'll have the plugin for this within two weeks.  Just put a deposit down to get it done.  Thanks to everybody who has donated to this so far.  

1 minute ago, Jeffkills said:

Great initiative, @mugtang!

We used to have a live chat interface on a dead Cowboys forum I used to post on, and it was THE SHIT!!!

So fu/cking fun to have the chat real time with the game!!

It would be similar to a chat. You'd still have to click the "view new posts" option but...the video itself won't refresh so you won't lose your spot or anything. At least that's the hope.