Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Live streaming games through the board

Video  

So I'm currently looking at making it possible to view a live stream of a game through the board and allow for a discussion of that game at the same time.  Stay tuned.

If you'd like to donate toward this you can do so here.  But, please don't feel like you're under any obligation to as I'm going to make this happen regardless. 

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/clients/donations/

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, WYO1016 said:

Awesome! Similar to a Twitch style interface?

That's what I'm hoping for. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, Mano said:

Will it be limited to MWC games?

For now. I won't be linking anything to any questionable sites. So if it's live on YouTube (which MWC games should be) or anything else that's free I'll put it up here.  Now if there's other games you'd like me to post I can definitely try. 

So games that are on ESPN or behind some sort of paywall I won't be able to put up, for now. 

34 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So I'm currently looking at making it possible to view a live stream of a game through the board and allow for a discussion of that game at the same time.  Stay tuned.

This is a great idea. I pledge to click every advertisement and spend lots of time clicking more things there if you do this. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, madmartigan said:

This is a great idea. I pledge to click every advertisement and spend lots of time clicking more things there if you do this. 

That's good cause it's going to cost me $250 to get this created.

Just now, mugtang said:

That's good cause it's going to cost me $250 to get this created.

Pennies for a rolling accountant like you. You won't even notice it's gone. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

Pennies for a rolling accountant like you. You won't even notice it's gone. 

IMG_0511.GIF

If you'd like to donate toward this you can do so here.  But, please don't feel like you're under any obligation to as I'm going to make this happen regardless. 

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/clients/donations/

58 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So games that are on ESPN or behind some sort of paywall I won't be able to put up, for now. 

Just imagine me and CSU fans going at it while the game runs in the thread...Pac-12 Network is going to have another streaming platform that hasn't been announced yet.  It might be Youtube's new paid TV service.  If I didn't have a sub to the youtube channel for that game, wouldn't it mean I couldn't watch the game in that case?

8 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Just imagine me and CSU fans going at it while the game runs in the thread...Pac-12 Network is going to have another streaming platform that hasn't been announced yet.  It might be Youtube's new paid TV service.  If I didn't have a sub to the youtube channel for that game, wouldn't it mean I couldn't watch the game in that case?

I think that's the case.  Although you may be able to login through the link and watch it on the board. 

3 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Perfect, now we can all watch SJSU and FSU embarrass the conference together, by rolling SDSU in the same season!

Ouch.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

3 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

oh shit,is this for reals?

I wouldn't post it if it wasn't cuz. 

4 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

that's going to be crazy.

So what I'm working on is taking the live stream on YouTube or mwc digital network and embedding that into the site.  Then, you'd be able to watch those games on the site and chat with everybody at the same time. This would beat having 2 tabs open and not being able to mwcboard and watch the game simultaneously. 

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So what I'm working on is taking the live stream on YouTube or mwc digital network and embedding that into the site.  Then, you'd be able to watch those games on the site and chat with everybody at the same time. This would beat having 2 tabs open and not being able to mwcboard and watch the game simultaneously. 

mahalo.