Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

SJSU Basketball Coach Resigns

56 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

sounds like some SJSU asst will get the job if they've waited this long...weak sauce.

Not completely unexpected for anyone who's been following SJSU for awhile. The program has lost many fans over the years, because nobody can ever seem to pull their head out of their ass long enough, to realize winning breeds fans and donations. Sometimes you gotta push all your cards in and make that hire that will propel you forward.

4 minutes ago, babigos said:

Not completely unexpected for anyone who's been following SJSU for awhile. The program has lost many fans over the years, because nobody can ever seem to pull their head out of their ass long enough, to realize winning breeds fans and donations. Sometimes you gotta push all your cards in and make that hire that will propel you forward.

I just feel like Davis is a good coach with a good name and he WANTS the job...400k or more probably would have gotten it done and that's nothing in silicon valley.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I just feel like Davis is a good coach with a good name and he WANTS the job...400k or more probably would have gotten it done and that's nothing in silicon valley.

We agree on something. That's a first 

6 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Eli Boettger @boettger_eli

Source has told me San Jose State has narrowed its coaching search to four candidates. Dave Wojcik resigned on July 10 for personal reasons.

What a weird tweet, IMO. It really didn't say anything that anyone couldn't have assumed already. Some names would made it more news than anything 

1 hour ago, babigos said:

What a weird tweet, IMO. It really didn't say anything that anyone couldn't have assumed already. Some names would made it more news than anything 

That's exactly what I was thinking, I passed it along thinking maybe one of you guys would know who the 4 were. Maybe he's just letting it be known they actually have 4 under consideration, lol. 

credit where it's due...he's done good work at LSU and TCU

--LSU Assistant Coach--

2012-13: 19-12 (9-9)

2013-14: 20-14 (9-9) [NIT]

2014-15: 22-11 (11-7) [NCAA]

2015-16: 19-14 (11-7)

--TCU Assistant Head Coach--

2016-17: 24-15 (6-12) [NIT Champion]

he's a recruiting machine and LSU fell off the map after he left.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

22 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

credit where it's due...he's done good work at LSU and TCU

--LSU Assistant Coach--

2012-13: 19-12 (9-9)

2013-14: 20-14 (9-9) [NIT]

2014-15: 22-11 (11-7) [NCAA]

2015-16: 19-14 (11-7)

--TCU Assistant Head Coach--

2016-17: 24-15 (6-12) [NIT Champion]

he's a recruiting machine and LSU fell off the map after he left.

That's what we're saying. He's got a bright future. Don't throw it away at Sharta. 

20 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

SJSU holding a press conference on Monday at 10:30am PDT to announce new basketball coach. All signs pointing to Patrick. Let's hope that holds true. 

Poor guy doesn't know what he's getting into.