Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

The what, where and how much for beer and wine sales at WYO football and basketball games

3 hours ago, 307dude said:

Pretty sure it'll be JimJam vs. Scooter 

3 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Nah, that'd be a tickle fight.

Phrase most likely to be overheard during said skirmish- "No tongue!"

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 7/14/2017 at 0:35 PM, happycamper said:

It looks exactly the same as your example prototype except using prestressed instead of steel (you know, for a stiffer arena). 

Jesus Christ Scooter.

The "sight lines" are based on azimuth. That is not what we are discussing. We are discussing pitch, or the vertical angle that the stadium is built at.

The reason why a higher pitch means more noise is at least twofold. First, the higher the pitch, the closer the fans are, horizontally, to the field. This is a simple trig function, the steeper the angle the bigger the hypotenuse relative to the adjacent leg. That means fans are closer horizontally to the stadium and so the noise is more dense, horizontally. It's the same reason why 8 hours of sun in the summer is more energy dense than 8 hours of sun in the winter, the angle of incidence is different.

The second is that it creates a bowl situation where the sound doesn't escape as well and instead reverberates, although admittedly I only have qualitative understanding of this.

LOL

Image result for Amazing mind blown GIF

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

LOL

Image result for Amazing mind blown GIF

Apparently high school trigonometry is mind blowing magic for old scoot

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 7/14/2017 at 2:31 PM, jimjam said:

your civil and structural background means absolutely nothing unless you have been to the site and seen the as-builts and the angle of the stands....

have you been to the new stadium?

Lol you don't need as builts to be able to eye a frickin angle. Also if you need to see as builts instead of just basic arch dwgs to see the angle of the stands you just bought yourself a nice 220 million dollar condemned unsafe structure

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, 307dude said:

Huh? Was this an attempt at a snappy comeback?

When's the first circle Jerk at the Jerkoff Center with all of your engineering friends and HS math teachers?  Did wyvanvian teach you all the positions?

6 minutes ago, Scooter said:

When's the first circle Jerk at the Jerkoff Center with all of your engineering friends and HS math teachers?  Did wyvanvian teach you all the positions?

Help a poor Wyo fan out, can you?  I have no idea what you're talking about.  You've taken a turn in this thread that I'm not following?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Help a poor Wyo fan out, can you?  I have no idea what you're talking about.  You've taken a turn in this thread that I'm not following?

Just ask wyvaninan.  He knows all the gay sex positions.