Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Trump Jr, Kushner Met with Russian Lawyer in June 2016

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

It doesn't matter if they took action retard.

It isn't treason or the breaking of any law to collude with a foreign government to win an election.  

You really can't get dumber than a tapeworm.

First off, we have already determined your understanding of the law is flawed at best. Listening to Sean Hannity doesn't make it any better.

Politifact rates your claim as false.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/may/31/gregg-jarrett/fox-news-hosts-wrong-no-law-forbids-russia-trump-c/

Share The Facts

Gregg Jarrett
Fox News host
tom-false.jpgpolitifact-logo-big.jpg

"You can collude all you want with a foreign government in an election. There's no such statute" (that makes collusion a crime). 
In an interview on Fox News – Tuesday, May 30, 2017

11 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

:lol: No joke, the wife came into the room and asked what I was laughing so hard about. Good stuff!

You hadn't acknowledged it so I undid the warning but I'm glad you saw it.  @halfmanhalfbronco sent me a PM lol'ing about it to.  Was like, why did I get warned. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

First off, we have already determined your understanding of the law is flawed at best. Listening to Sean Hannity doesn't make it any better.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/may/31/gregg-jarrett/fox-news-hosts-wrong-no-law-forbids-russia-trump-c/

Share The Facts

Gregg Jarrett
Fox News host

"You can collude all you want with a foreign government in an election. There's no such statute" (that makes collusion a crime). 

Will you stop trying to hijack our thread hijack?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Share The Facts

Gregg Jarrett
Fox News host

You are a complete moron.  

Neither Trump or his cronies were government officials so none of those laws apply.

Your link says if they colluded to violate a law then it would be illegal.  Talking to a Russian, receiving information about an opponent and acting on it is not against the law.   They can collude all they want to do legal things like talk..

Talking to a russian isn't a crime tapeworm.   Neither is using information they provide.

You are so clueless it is hilarious.

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You hadn't acknowledged it so I undid the warning but I'm glad you saw it.  @halfmanhalfbronco sent me a PM lol'ing about it to.  Was like, why did I get warned. 

Yeah, I was kind-of poking around to see what I could still do while wiping tears from my eyes. First time for me, wasn't sure...

That said, speaking truth to power. I regret nothing.

52 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Mays is the greatest all-around player, IMO. If he wouldn't have hit at Candlestick during the days of its cavernous left field, he might have hit another 75-100 home runs. 

Babe Ruth is the most transformational player in the history of baseball, and his pitching is often ignored in these debates.

Bonds might be the greatest pure hitter since Ted Williams, but we think of him as only the juiced-up power hitter at the end of his career.

Everyone sees those movies of an old Babe Ruth during his last seasons and think that is the man.

Babe Ruth was a phenomenal athlete.  His manager fined him for stealing bases because it was thought he might get hurt and they would lose his bat.   Ruth was a crazy exceptional athlete every bit the outfielder of anyone.   He was stuck in right field because he came up as a pitcher and didn't learn a position until the big leagues.  He wasn't allowed to steal bases or move to center field because they did not want him worrying about anything but hitting or risking an injury.

Did Willie Mays win 94 games as a pitcher at 67% rate.   Babe Ruth would have 900 HR's if he didn't spend 5 years pitching.

Babe Ruth today is underrated.

Batting average: .342
Home runs: 714
Hits: 2,873
RBI: 2,213
Pitching W/L record: 94-46
ERA: 2.28

Top Ten in MLB history in the following categories:

• 3rd on home run list – 714
  • 10th in batting average – .342
  • 2nd on RBI list – 2,213
  • 1st on all-time slugging % – .690
  • 2nd on all-time on-base % – .474
  • 1st on all-time OPS – 1.164
  • 4th on all-time runs list – 2,174
  • 6th on all-time total bases list – 5,793
  • 3rd on all-time walks list – 2,062

8 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Everyone sees those movies of an old Babe Ruth during his last seasons and think that is the man.

Babe Ruth was a phenomenal athlete.  His manager fined him for stealing bases because it was thought he might get hurt and they would lose his bat.   Ruth was a crazy exceptional athlete every bit the outfielder of anyone.   He was stuck in right field because he came up as a pitcher and didn't learn a position until the big leagues.  He wasn't allowed to steal bases or move to center field because they did not want him worrying about anything but hitting or risking an injury.

Did Willie Mays win 94 games as a pitcher at 67% rate.   Babe Ruth would have 900 HR's if he didn't spend 5 years pitching.

He also played against lesser competition.  

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

He also played against lesser competition.  

Says you.

He also played against greater competition because there was no NFL, NHL or NBA or any other viable pro sporting league.

He also played against greater competition because there were less teams.

He also played against greater competition because pitchers could legally throw spitters.

11 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Says you.

He also played against greater competition because there was no NFL, NHL or NBA or any other viable pro sporting league.

He also played against greater competition because there were less teams.

He also played against greater competition because pitchers could legally throw spitters.

He also never had to travel across the country, or play night games, only played on natural grass.  Those are all factors that effect the game and how well you play. 

Were just going to have to agree to disagree on this subject. 

Just now, mugtang said:

He also never had to travel across the country, or play night games, only played on natural grass.  Those are all factors that effect the game and how well you play. 

Babe Ruth hit more home runs in 22 seasons while being one of the best pitchers in the league for 5 of them.  He hit a 40 point higher batting average and was inarguably the best of his generation.

Willie Mays wasn't the the best, Mickey Mantle was far superior when healthy at everything and Henry Aaron was far superior over a career.

34 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I don't think anyone is trying to diminish Babe Ruth's meaning to the game or that he isn't one of the greatest players of all time, regardless of era. Like I said, he is the most transformational, and most important, player in baseball history. He also didn't have to play against some of the best players of his era because of segregation, so his numbers, while prodigious, are harder to quantify. 

11 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Babe Ruth hit more home runs in 22 seasons while being one of the best pitchers in the league for 5 of them.  He hit a 40 point higher batting average and was inarguably the best of his generation.

Willie Mays wasn't the the best, Mickey Mantle was far superior when healthy at everything and Henry Aaron was far superior over a career.

Now you're just trolling. 

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I don't think anyone is trying to diminish Babe Ruth's meaning to the game or that he isn't one of the greatest players of all time, regardless of era. Like I said, he is the most transformational, and most important, player in baseball history. He also didn't have to play against some of the best players of his era because of segregation, so his numbers, while prodigious, are harder to quantify. 

He's had more of a lasting effect and impact on the game than anybody else in the history of baseball. 

Just now, Jaredcg said:

Jared Kushner looks like Tom Riddle.

Who?  This is baseball 

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Now you're just trolling. 

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

I can do the numbers but Mickey Mantle destroys Mays for 5 best seasons and Aarons Career numbers far surpass Mays he just played on bad teams and didn't get the press.

Mays was at most the 3rd best center fielder of his generation.   That is just the numbers.

To compare Mays to Ruth is just a joke.

Next you will be claiming Buster Douglas was better than Muhammad Ali.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I can do the numbers but Mickey Mantle destroys Mays for 5 best seasons and Aarons Career numbers far surpass Mays he just played on bad teams and didn't get the press.

Mays was at most the 3rd best center fielder of his generation.   That is just the numbers.

LOL.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/10260/ten-reasons-willie-mays-is-greatest-ever

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/197503-willie-mays-the-greatest-ballplayer-of-all-time

We're not the only ones saying this.  But, I'll just agree to disagree.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

Mays is like Michael Jordan a creation of the press.

That "ah shucks", plantation xxxxxxx, way he had went over well with all the white folks of the time.

If Mays was a little standoffish like Aaron he would be the overrated kid.

Oh this should be good. 

Who's better than Jordan?