Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Han Solo Flick

I'm sorry but it seems as if Lucas Films/Disney is squeezing too much juice out of the Star Wars fruit with this film. Any story related to Han Solo without Harrison Ford is a farce and I'm probably going to skip it entirely. Sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone.

12178988_10206263323234455_474295646_n.j

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I agree. I'm not thrilled about this movie.  I'd rather see something like a Ben Kenobi movie or one about Yoda becoming a Jedi. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

50 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I agree. I'm not thrilled about this movie.  I'd rather see something like a Ben Kenobi movie or one about Yoda becoming a Jedi. 

Yeah, the four iconic figures (Skywalker, Leah, Solo, and Vader) should be left alone with their original actors (or voice in the case of Vader and James Earl Jones). They should also space the releases out a bit more but the quick revenue must be too tempting. I do think they're going to hit a point of diminishing return soon.

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yeah, the four iconic figures (Skywalker, Leah, Solo, and Vader) should be left alone with their original actors (or voice in the case of Vader and James Earl Jones). They should also space the releases out a bit more but the quick revenue must be too tempting. I do think they're going to hit a point of diminishing return soon.

I think we're a few movies from that.  If they're releasing a movie a year, I don't think they're going to reach that point for a few years. Now, if they do what they did with Marvel and are having several movies a year, yeah I could see that. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They're already there as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm interested to see where they're taking the next episode with Mark Hamill and Carrie Fischer so I'll watch it. 

17 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I didn't even watch Episode VII until i was on a Delta flight and it was free. I'll probably watch this next one. But I never did see "Rogue One" or whatever it was.

They're beating a dead horse. Should have honestly just left it at 3 films. 

Yeah, I won't go to the theater. Either a flight or iTunes rental will do just fine. I can't stand how much it costs to go to the theater nowadays.

19 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I didn't even watch Episode VII until i was on a Delta flight and it was free. I'll probably watch this next one. But I never did see "Rogue One" or whatever it was.

Nah, they're getting a whole new audience with these new movies.  My kids loved Rogue One and can't wait for "The Last Jedi"

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

Nah, they're getting a whole new audience with these new movies.  My kids loved Rogue One and can't wait for "The Last Jedi"

Kids are lame. Just ask @halfmanhalfbronco. ;) 

45 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Kids are lame. Just ask @halfmanhalfbronco. ;) 

48 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yeah, I won't go to the theater. Either a flight or iTunes rental will do just fine. I can't stand how much it costs to go to the theater nowadays.

We can't be friends anymore 

49 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Ten bucks?  How much is it in Britain?  I took my family of five to the Cars movie yesterday and it was 32 bucks.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Ten bucks?  How much is it in Britain?  I took my family of five to the Cars movie yesterday and it was 32 bucks.

Went out with the gf to see Rogue One in one of those dinner theaters here. Ended up being like $150 for two people with admission, dinner, and drinks. 

8 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

London is +++++ing expensive. I remember getting a burger and a beer at the Green Man (a dive) and it ran me 35 bucks. 

This is why Brexit happened. 

21 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I can completely understand your sentiment.

But Rogue One was a fun movie, and to me, didn't feel like a warmed over version of something we've already seen.  A Star Wars movie with no Jedi was new territory.

While I'm a huge Harrison Ford fan, and it won't be the same thing without him portraying the character, I don't necessarily hate this idea. I would have preferred an Obi-Wan movie that details how he ended up on Tatooine though.

I really enjoyed Rogue One, as it was almost like the Dark Forces movie I always wanted to see. Episode VII was a solid entry as well... not on the level of Empire, but certainly an enjoyable film and a good addition to the series. 

yeah I'm okith the movie and actually kinda excited for it. I'll trust them till I see otherwise on the casting of Han. They nailed the Lando Casting Donald Glover. I'm a little nervous with the news coming out the last couple weeks but I don't think the the directors they had in there(can't remember names somebody and Lord) had the right style and were trying to make it too much of a comedy. I think Ron Howard can finish it up right. Hopefully it turns out good. I thought Rogue One is one of the better Star Wars movies and episode VII was good.

An Obi wan movei would be great set on Tatooine, a sort of western where he defends some moisture farmers from sand people or the huts.