Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Wyoming a standout to make New Year's Six

2 hours ago, WYO1016 said:

Totally agree. I HOPE that they run the table and win every game by double digits. I would be floored if that happened, though.

Weren't you a tad bit floored when we beat BSU last year though? I don't think anyone was really expecting that.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

I think you fools are really underestimating this coaching staff. That's just my opinion. The fact that many of them took an FCS team into P5 territory and beat them on their own turf says a ton. That is almost unheard of in this day and age and was a culmination of all the right decisions being made for a growing program.

If they can do it in Fargo, they can do it in Laramie with more $$$ and more resources.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

1 hour ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I think you fools are really underestimating this coaching staff. That's just my opinion.

Y'all are a fool and that's not just my opinion.

Boom goes the dynamite.

10 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Could the cart be put any further ahead of the horse with this one?  :rotflmfao:

Oredigger posts with such dripping sarcasm, that many fail to see what he's doing.

You've got a legit Wyo fan playing tPOKEf.  It's brilliant.

JA is getting a lot of local hype and even more than CU's own QB Steven Montez who could be putting up huge numbers this season since CU's offense returns every starting WR and RB plus four OL starters from last season.  The JA hype very well could be a byproduct of Wentz at NDSU where Coach Bohl was coaching before and people are thinking Bohl hits the QB jackpot again.

I agree with the other posters that there is too much hype for JA this preseason.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

JA is getting a lot of local hype and even more than CU's own QB Steven Montez who could be putting up huge numbers this season since CU's offense returns every starting WR and RB plus four OL starters from last season.  The JA hype very well could be a byproduct of Wentz at NDSU where Coach Bohl was coaching before and people are thinking Bohl hits the QB jackpot again.

I agree with the other posters that there is too much hype for JA this preseason.

So are you trying to tell everyone here that Wyoming owns the Denver/Boulder market because of JA hype?  What are your thoughts on Wyoming and DIA?

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Oredigger posts with such dripping sarcasm, that many fail to see what he's doing.

You've got a legit Wyo fan playing tPOKEf.  It's brilliant.

Probably.  The existence of tWYOf makes it difficult to distinguish them and the sarcastic.  

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

So are you trying to tell everyone here that Wyoming owns the Denver/Boulder market because of JA hype?  What are your thoughts on Wyoming and DIA?

We've always owned the Denver market. We just fell off for a few years.

Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/18/josh-allen-nfl-dream-wyoming-quarterback/

14 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

LOL...JA is getting a lot of hype for sure but if Wyoming owned Denver/Boulder, they would be in the Big 12.

I would't mind seeing less CSU stuff at DIA tho. ;)  Perhaps Laramie will become a suburb of Denver....someday.

1 minute ago, Pokez said:

Removing Boise and Houston from the NY6 equation is like removing Alabama and Ohio St from the CFP equation.

Correct, Boise and Houston need to be mentioned in the New Years bowls conversation.  One possibility for Boise this upcoming season would be with its lone loss to Wyoming playing in a New Years Bowl with Wyoming in the CFP.

5 minutes ago, Pokez said:

Removing Boise and Houston from the NY6 equation is like removing Alabama and Ohio St from the CFP equation.

He acknowledged that:

"I'm not going to take Houston, Boise State or Western Michigan into consideration for this list. I don't expect Western Michigan to compete for a spot again this year, but Boise State and Houston very well could -- and probably should -- be in the hunt, but putting them on the list would be too easy."

Basically, Boise is in the discussion every year, so there is no use pointing that out.

4 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Correct, Boise and Houston need to be mentioned in the New Years bowls conversation.  One possibility for Boise this upcoming season would be with its lone loss to Wyoming playing in a New Years Bowl with Wyoming in the CFP.

They shouldn't have to play in the lowly CFP. If they don't play in the Super Bowl it's gunna be a travesty.

19 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I think you fools are really underestimating this coaching staff. That's just my opinion. The fact that many of them took an FCS team into P5 territory and beat them on their own turf says a ton. That is almost unheard of in this day and age and was a culmination of all the right decisions being made for a growing program.

If they can do it in Fargo, they can do it in Laramie with more $$$ and more resources.

We're talking about the staff that has gone 14-24 at Wyoming and lost to lowly UNLV and Eastern Michigan, right? 

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They shouldn't have to play in the lowly CFP. If they don't play in the Super Bowl it's gunna be a travesty.

Why not both?  They aren't on the same day.  Heck, I am going to investigate possibility of them playing in the World Series, Stanley Cup, and the NBA finals. 

10 minutes ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Why not both?  They aren't on the same day.  Heck, I am going to investigate possibility of them playing in the World Series, Stanley Cup, and the NBA finals. 

Would Josh Allen's busy schedule of water-walking and turning water into wine provide enough time for all of those?

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

We're talking about the staff that has gone 14-24 at Wyoming and lost to lowly UNLV and Eastern Michigan, right? 

Bohl has done everything he said they would do, and exactly how they would do it. When they first got to Laramie he said it would be a work in progress, and in order to build the program to their liking it would take time. Both our offensive and defensive schemes did a 180 and required much different players. That type of change doesn't occur in year 1 or 2. They also placed an emphasis on giving younger guys experience and building our depth.....which also takes time.

Expect that record to be much closer to .500 after this season, and it will most likely continue to improve after that.

Just now, kingpotato said:

Would Josh Allen's busy schedule of water-walking and turning water into wine provide enough time for all of those?

Oh yee of little faith.

While I will join in the fun on the over hype, let me remind you of this.