Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

Stadium Talks - Raiders Look to Use & Abuse UNLV

14 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Randal Cunningham is better than any UNR player in history probably. 

Marion Motley says hi.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

21 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

He played there like a year. It was an oversight. But you can't deny Randall Cunningham was great. 

Marion Motley played at Nevada for 3 years. In the modern era Randall's tough to beat. Charles Mann comes to mind. Same number of pro bowls @ 4... or Doug Betters but he's a Montana guy. 

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I laid out our agreement here

USF averaged 26,600 in 2015 and 37,500 in 2016 (I would expect at least 39k this season for USF)...that would be an improvement for UNLV

And then there is this.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thedailystampede.com/platform/amp/2016/10/9/13217086/usf-football-attendance-is-in-crisis

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Same with Miami. 

Is this a joke? Have you been to Sun Life Stadium for Canes games recently? Have you watched them on TV? I have sown both. The environment has been destroyed. They will never be he same as when the Orange Bowl was litterally swaying.

Miami may have a few good teams here and there, but they will never be what they once were as long as they play in that pro stadium off campus.

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I laid out our agreement here

USF averaged 26,600 in 2015 and 37,500 in 2016 (I would expect at least 39k this season for USF)...that would be an improvement for UNLV

massive improvement.  That would be an unqualified success of epic proportions for UNLV.

16 minutes ago, fanhood said:

then the fans started showing up...that was from Oct...by January they finished with an 'tickets sold' attendance of 37,539 with an actual turnstile count of 27,887

USF will be hosting teams like Illinois, Houston, Cincy, Tulsa and Temple this season.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usf-set-to-extend-deal-with-raymond-james-stadium/2310524

USF had an announced average attendance of 37,539 for seven home games in '16, and an actual average (per TSA) of 27,887.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

48 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

then the fans started showing up...that was from Oct...by January they finished with an 'tickets sold' attendance of 37,539 with an actual turnstile count of 27,887

USF will be hosting teams like Illinois, Houston, Cincy, Tulsa and Temple this season.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usf-set-to-extend-deal-with-raymond-james-stadium/2310524

Doesn't change the fact that playing in an NFL stadium hurts the program. I have been hoping for the Chargers to leave since the Faulk Era. Now that they are gone, and we will have a college specific stadium, SDSU is just going to continue to raise its profile. USF will not be able to truly grow when borrowing a stadium. Hell, there is a God damn pirate ship in the +++++ing end zone. How does that promote the Bulls?

6 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Doesn't change the fact that playing in an NFL stadium hurts the program. I have been hoping for the Chargers to leave since the Faulk Era. Now that they are gone, and we will have a college specific stadium, SDSU is just going to continue to raise its profile. USF will not be able to truly grow when borrowing a stadium. Hell, there is a God damn pirate ship in the +++++ing end zone. How does that promote the Bulls?

this new NFL stadium will be like 3 miles or 10 mins from UNLVs campus while Sam Boyd is like 7.5 miles or almost a 20 min drive from UNLV.  Plus, UNLV red would look good on the Raider black chair-back seats (from the rendering I saw)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

this new NFL stadium will be like 3 miles or 10 mins from UNLVs campus while Sam Boyd is like 7.5 miles or almost a 20 min drive from UNLV.  Plus, UNLV red would look good on the Raider black chair-back seats (from the rendering I saw)

Did you read the article that the OP linked? It does not look good right now, but I am glad to hear that UNLV does have leverage.

Guest RoscoesDad
23 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Your are taking your own sour opinions from SDSU and applying it to Las Vegas.  It's almost as if people are so jealous of UNLV's newfound luck with the new stadium that they absolutely must, at all costs, shit all over it.  Including some of our own fans, which does not surprise me in the least.  I'm sorry but anyone who thinks moving from SBS to the new LVSA stadium is a bad move, is not being intellectually honest and hating just to hate.

5 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

as I said, college teams and pro teams can exist in a symbiotic relationship...see my Tigers and Grizz as an example.

or look at USF and the Bucs

Usf's situation is horrible. Football is different than basketball. 15k in a 70k stadium isn't a good look for usf, unlv or suds. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

8 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Your are taking your own sour opinions from SDSU and applying it to Las Vegas.  It's almost as if people are so jealous of UNLV's newfound luck with the new stadium that they absolutely must, at all costs, shit all over it.  Including some of our own fans, which does not surprise me in the least.  I'm sorry but anyone who thinks moving from SBS to the new LVSA stadium is a bad move, is not being intellectually honest and hating just to hate.

Whoa, are you serious? I want UNLV to win. I want you guys to be good. I am saying that UNLV is winning seven or eight games this year. SDSU needs a rival in the West Division.

Yes, I am applying SDSU's experience to UNLV. I am also using the fact that schools are going away from sharing stadiums (Minnesota, Georgia State, etc) and are moving in the opposite direction of what you are doing. Being intellectually honest, I think it would be more beneficial to UNLV to find another spot near the strip and build another stadium, or find a spot on-campus and build a right sized stadium.

6 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Usf's situation is horrible. Football is different than basketball. 15k in a 70k stadium isn't a good look for usf, unlv or suds. 

Yup. We had 40k at the Cal game, and it was a decent atmosphere. Rocky even commented about how much the crowd helped the team. But, if that game was played in a 40,000 seat stadium, it would have been electric.

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

I think you mean 28k in a 66k stadium...plus, they only use the lower bowl and club area (capacity 44k) unless they're playing FSU, Florida, or Miami.

they have a decent lease 172k per game and a 2.50 surcharge per ticket.

Memphis on the other hand pays 65k per game to play at the Liberty Bowl. (no ticket surcharge)

it works for USF as they had good attendance last season and should repeat that this season as well.

UNLV would be blessed to average 37,000 tickets sold with 28,000 actual butts in the seats for an 11 win season. Instead I guess you want 4-8 at Sam Boyd 20 mins from campus.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

14 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I think you mean 28k in a 66k stadium...plus, they only use the lower bowl and club area (capacity 44k) unless they're playing FSU, Florida, or Miami.

they have a decent lease 172k per game and a 2.50 surcharge per ticket.

Memphis on the other hand pays 65k per game to play at the Liberty Bowl. (no ticket surcharge)

it works for USF as they had good attendance last season and should repeat that this season as well.

UNLV would be blessed to average 37,000 tickets sold with 28,000 actual butts in the seats for an 11 win season. Instead I guess you want 4-8 at Sam Boyd 20 mins from campus.

Ok. 28k in a 66k stadium still looks like shit and is a bad situation. Every time I see them on tv and see that big ass Bucaneer boat I laugh. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

I will concede that the boat doesn't help matters...but as I said, there won't be a boat at the Raider/UNLV stadium and 'Raider Black' seats would look great with all that UNLV red

I just feel like a luxurious new stadium 3 miles from campus is better than old beat up stadium 7.5 miles from campus. UNLV has some leverage so do like Memphis did with the Grizz...tell the Raiders that you'll accept their terms but they need to pay UNLV a yearly 'stipend' based on actual attendance (say 125k payment for every home game with actual 20k turnstile attendance prorated down to 80k for 15k actual attendance)

then charge the raiders a 'yearly parking lot fee' of 150k

something like that to make it work out for both sides.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Can you imagine if the Rebels agreed to the PSL terms the Raiders are proposing? I mean, how could any organization ever seriously propose something so detrimental to their partners program as that?

5 hours ago, fanhood said:

Can you imagine if the Rebels agreed to the PSL terms the Raiders are proposing? I mean, how could any organization ever seriously propose something so detrimental to their partners program as that?

The Raiders hate UNLV.!?

I don't blame them who wants to share a Stadium with that stupid new mascot?