Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

Stadium Talks - Raiders Look to Use & Abuse UNLV

Lol. OP calls them a business and the OP seems shocked by said business asking for their ideal situation in a FIRST draft they sent to start negotiations. Lets wait for UNLV's reply before we start screaming injustice. In the end the Raiders know full well making UNLV happy is small potatoes and necessary. This move, the stadium sweet heart deal and Vegas is a massive gravy train the Raiders plan on riding to the fullest and the last thing they want to do is create waves first jumping in.

51 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be?  Why pay rent to be the Raiders bitch, when you own your own 40,000 seat Stadium with free parking?

Vegas is going to enter into this agreement and it's going to sell Sam Boyd to a developer who will promptly raze it and build apartments.

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

Vegas is going to enter into this agreement and it's going to sell Sam Boyd to a developer who will promptly raze it and build apartments.

Sam Boyd Stadium should be saved for Nevada State  which is located in Henderson.  It would make it easier for them to start Football if they already have a stadium available in Henderson for them to use.  Nevada State Scorpion Football at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Ef8_8n52.jpg

4 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Sam Boyd Stadium should be saved for Nevada State  which is located in Henderson.  It would make it easier for them to start Football if they already have a stadium available in Henderson for them to use.  Nevada State Scorpion Football at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Ef8_8n52.jpg

Do you really think they'd need a 35k seat stadium? It seems like they could probably play in a HS stadium in D2 when the time comes.

5 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Ef8_8n52.jpg

That's actually a great idea although I doubt seriously that Vegas has any interest in helping Hendo start a football program. I've read that Sam Boyd could sell for $40m.

8 minutes ago, bigd said:

Do you really think they'd need a 35k seat stadium? It seems like they could probably play in a HS stadium in D2 when the time comes.

Nevada State would be a perfect addition to the Big West (without Football) or the WAC (without Football) and they would fit nicely in the Big Sky if they add Football.

Having a stadium in Henderson with 30,000 seats would allow Nevada State to join FCS relatively quickly.  I would assume they would remove the horrible temporary bleacher seats that UNLV added in both corners that do NOT fit the stadium design and look out of place.  Also replace the red bleacher seats with Yellow or Black chair back seating instead.  That would reduce the amount of seats in the stadium to probably 28,000 or so.

web1_sam_boyd_01_7819889.jpg

12 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

That's actually a great idea although I doubt seriously that Vegas has any interest in helping Hendo start a football program. I've read that Sam Boyd could sell for $40m.

I would guess $15 million to $20 million maybe.  The smarter move would be for the board of regents to keep the land and the stadium to use it for Nevada State Football someday.

But people in Nevada don't like to think ahead and they don't like to save money.  So they will probably give the land away for next to nothing and Nevada State will get screwed out of having a nice Football Stadium for FCS in 10 years or less.

1 minute ago, bitteraztec said:

Is there a section in the article that mentions a PAC-12 invite?

No section that I saw in that article.

I did link an article below that talks about UNLV as a PAC-12 expansion target though, if that helps you out.

https://www.cougcenter.com/2017/3/27/15079894/pac-12-football-championship-vegas-bowl

Long time to go until the final contracts are signed. UNLV isn't going to roll over and the Raiders don't make the sole decisions over this stadium, the stadium board does and it is filled with UNLV supporters. Give this time and see how it plays out. 

10 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Long time to go until the final contracts are signed. UNLV isn't going to roll over and the Raiders don't make the sole decisions over this stadium, the stadium board does and it is filled with UNLV supporters. Give this time and see how it plays out. 

UNLV better get a lot tougher a lot quicker.  So far UNLV has let the Raiders run over them.  For $750 million taxpayer dollars UNLV should have had an ownership stake in the stadium and should have had full control of UNLV gameday operations.

So far, UNLV is roadkill.  A little late to just be getting into the game now.  After it is almost over.

The Raiders want full control of UNLV/Thomas & Mack parking so that no events can be held at the Thomas & Mack Center anytime that events are being held at the new Stadium.  This will essentially destroy the Thomas & Mack Center and stop them from hosting many events.  If UNLV agrees to this they are idiots!

Talks were going so bad for UNLV that Gerry Bomotti (Senior Vice President for Finance and Business) quit this week.

Fox_road_kill.JPG

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

But some people have said this will be great for UNLV...

I seem to remember a certain Aztec fan saying this will go down as the worst thing ever to happen to UNLV football.

3 minutes ago, k5james said:

I seem to remember a certain Aztec fan saying this will go down as the worst thing ever to happen to UNLV football.

Oh oh, I know who that was!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

21 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

UNLV better get a lot tougher a lot quicker.  So far UNLV has let the Raiders run over them.  For $750 million taxpayer dollars UNLV should have had an ownership stake in the stadium and should have had full control of UNLV gameday operations.

So far, UNLV is roadkill.  A little late to just be getting into the game now.  After it is almost over.

The Raiders want full control of UNLV/Thomas & Mack parking so that no events can be held at the Thomas & Mack Center anytime that events are being held at the new Stadium.  This will essentially destroy the Thomas & Mack Center and stop them from hosting many events.  If UNLV agrees to this they are idiots!

Talks were going so bad for UNLV that Gerry Bomotti (Senior Vice President for Finance and Business) quit this week.

Fox_road_kill.JPG

You are making many wrong assumptions. First the Raiders can't control the T&M or any university parking. UNLV would never agree to it especially considering Raiders may have Monday or Thursday night games. And any events that the stadium would hold would not consider the T&M anyway. We don't compete with the stadium for events we compete with T Mobile. 

Second the Raiders will not have operational control, the stadium board does. It makes sense to have the same workers, etc. The board controls that. The Raiders would not have the stadium without UNLV and UNLV is heavily represented on that board. 

Third this is not why Bomotti resigned. That has been in the works for a long time.  

4 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

You are making many wrong assumptions. First the Raiders can't control the T&M or any university parking. UNLV would never agree to it especially considering Raiders may have Monday or Thursday night games. And any events that the stadium would hold would not consider the T&M anyway. We don't compete with the stadium for events we compete with T Mobile. 

Second the Raiders will not have operational control, the stadium board does. It makes sense to have the same workers, etc. The board controls that. The Raiders would not have the stadium without UNLV and UNLV is heavily represented on that board. 

Third this is not why Bomotti resigned. That has been in the works for a long time.  

You can trust Davis to have UNLV's best interests at heart. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

If the Raiders gain control of Thomas & Mack/UNLV parking they will have control of that parking for ALL EVENTS at the Stadium.  This will mean that UNLV can't host events at the Thomas & Mack Center when ANY event is being held at the stadium.  UNLV SHOULD NOT agree to this in any form.  It will kill the Thomas & Mack Center.  The Raiders will consider any other venue in Las Vegas as an opponent and they will work with their lawyers to destroy that opponent.  UNLV can't be ignorant of this fact.

Second, The LV Stadium Authority will not run the day-to-day operations of the stadium. The LVSA will enter into an operating lease agreement with a stadium events company. The stadium events company will have responsibility for the programming, operations and maintenance of the stadium. The operating lease agreement must state that any operating losses will be borne solely by the stadium events company.  The Raiders will pick and likely own the Stadium events company so the RAIDERS will have day to day OPERATIONAL CONTROL!

Third, Bomotti was the main UNLV player in the all of the talks with the Raiders up until he resigned.  Seems suspicious that he gives only one week notice and resigns all of a sudden if this had been in the works for sometime.  I call bullshit.

1 hour ago, k5james said:

So glad to be rid of the Chargers and NFL.

Good luck to the Rebels dealing with their nonsense.

Just opened my bedroom window here in L.A. The easterly stench I smell must surely come all the way from Las Vegas as the result of UNLV receiving a huge pile of bull elephant dung from the Raiders like that to which SDSU was subjected by the Chargers for many years.

Boom goes the dynamite.