Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NMpackalum

Got a 30 percent premium increase on health insurance.

41 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Try posting a fact instead of intimidation or insults and you might be more compelling asshole.   The only fact posted was an erroneous statement by unlawful equating Medicare to a product or service.  

Not any use posting facts you are too stupid to understand them.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

Well the first once you post I guess we will see.  Funny how I'm stupid when I've only posted links and highlighted comments.   

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

You know Tools for a supposed libertarian you spend a lot of time spewing insults and unsubstantiated opinion.  Really your just a +++++ing fascist that would have fit in well with authoritarian regimes.

On 7/18/2017 at 3:09 AM, sactowndog said:

Drug costs are absolutely the fastest growing component of the Medical system and a major driver of healthcare inflation. 

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I have not made a single statement in this thread about why healthcare costs are rising.   I did say (and substantiated multiple times) that pharmaceuticals are the fastest rising component of healthcare products and services. That point is a clear fact.   You ideological warriors may insult and  try to intimidate all you want but the facts are not disputed.

As for a higher bar, I know exactly the situation because my future daughter in law is currently taking the exam to practice in the states and I know what score she has to get versus her American classmates.   She is the top of her class grade wise but has a higher bar than others.   

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Try posting a fact instead of intimidation or insults and you might be more compelling asshole.   The only fact posted was an erroneous statement by unlawful equating Medicare to a product or service.  

This is why you're a joke. You are fundamentally dishonest. You make a statement, I conclusively prove that statement to be incorrect. Rather than admitting your mistake, you try to retroactively reframe the argument into something you didn't specify at all. And then you carry on with this crap like I am the one who doesn't have their facts straight.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is why you're a joke. You are fundamentally dishonest. You make a statement, I conclusively prove that statement to be incorrect. Rather than admitting your mistake, you try to retroactively reframe the argument into something you didn't specify at all. And then you carry on with this crap like I am the one who doesn't have their facts straight.

I stated that drugs were the fastest growing segment of healthcare products and services. You have only posted one link and claimed Medicare was growing faster which is not a product or service.   Post one actual link ( I've posted 5) to the contrary and I will be happy to agree. 

The person who is fundamentally dishonest is you.  You are an ideological warrior that will distort any fact to prove a point.   Show me the product or service growing faster in your NIH link.

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I stated that drugs were the fastest growing segment of healthcare products and services. You have only posted one link and claimed Medicare was growing faster which is not a product or service.   Post one actual link ( I've posted 5) to the contrary and I will be happy to agree. 

I just linked your statement in the thread dumbass. At no point did you mention the qualifier "products and services" until you had to back pedal 100 mph when your fact was proven patently unfactual.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I just linked your statement in the thread dumbass. At no point did you mention the qualifier "products and services" until you had to back pedal 100 mph when your fact was proven patently unfactual.

My fact was not unfactual.  The catagories are well known and certainly known to you.   It's not irrelevant to point out you were making an apples to oranges comparison that just happened to be in the same summary article.

Why not post homebuilding as it's equally relevant.   

But that's fine.  The more you challenge and the more I research the points to have this discussion, the more I learn how disingenuous you are.  

For example, I recently learned that drugs used with hospitals roll up under the hospital segment.  So when you state data saying drugs are a small overall segment of the total medical market, I bought your datapoint.  Well in fact the number is understated if you were to break out drugs provided within the hospital.   Which according to one article I read is the fastest growing segment of hospital costs.   

10 hours ago, Akkula said:

I have heard a lot of foreign practicing doctors having to become cab drivers because the medical establishment gives them few practical paths to licensure without basically starting over. 

It's true. Many become phlebotomists or other techs. Sad thing is, many make more money doing that than they did as docs in their own countries

6 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I know I'm correct.  My future daughter in law (a Canadian) is attending St. George's in Granada with many American counterparts.     She has to score much higher to work in the US than her US counterparts 

I'm sure your daughter in law is a fine student and there are many exceptions to the rule but are you really going to compare St Georges to an accredited US med school? Let's just say that the average US residency director will take a chance on a 25% student from a lower rated US school than a student from St George. It's night and day the difference in the clinical training and frankly the quality of the average student. Your daughter in law should have gone to school in Canada where their programs are well thought of. She would have had an easier time getting a residency in a more selective program. She actually should have gone to a DO school in the states and she would have had no problems getting a license. The student profile as far as test scores between DO schools and St George are similar and some DO schools have their own residencies.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

My fact was not unfactual.  The catagories are well known and certainly known to you.   It's not irrelevant to point out you were making an apples to oranges comparison that just happened to be in the same summary article.

Why not post homebuilding as it's equally relevant.   

But that's fine.  The more you challenge and the more I research the points to have this discussion, the more I learn how disingenuous you are.  

For example, I recently learned that drugs used with hospitals roll up under the hospital segment.  So when you state data saying drugs are a small overall segment of the total medical market, I bought your datapoint.  Well in fact the number is understated if you were to break out drugs provided within the hospital.   Which according to one article I read is the fastest growing segment of hospital costs.   

You're hopeless.

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

I'm sure your daughter in law is a fine student and there are many exceptions to the rule but are you really going to compare St Georges to an accredited US med school? Let's just say that the average US residency director will take a chance on a 25% student from a lower rated US school than a student from St George. It's night and day the difference in the clinical training and frankly the quality of the average student. Your daughter in law should have gone to school in Canada where their programs are well thought of. She would have had an easier time getting a residency in a more selective program. She actually should have gone to a DO school in the states and she would have had no problems getting a license. The student profile as far as test scores between DO schools and St George are similar and some DO schools have their own residencies.

Haha.  You just insulted my daughter in law and my cousin.  My father in law taught at a DO school in Texas in the 1970's.  In reality he worked for the NSA.   

Given she is done with her two years in Grenada a little late now. 

But the point on the required test scores are the same if you are a US resident versus a foreigner.   The advantage of St.Georges is the prepare for the test.  Canadian schools don't. A friend of hers went to a Canadian med school, married an American and is screwed because she didn't do well enough on the test.  Her Medical degree is wasted or move to Canada.

7 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I have not made a single statement in this thread about why healthcare costs are rising.   I did say (and substantiated multiple times) that pharmaceuticals are the fastest rising component of healthcare products and services. That point is a clear fact.   You ideological warriors may insult and  try to intimidate all you want but the facts are not disputed.

As for a higher bar, I know exactly the situation because my future daughter in law is currently taking the exam to practice in the states and I know what score she has to get versus her American classmates.   She is the top of her class grade wise but has a higher bar than others.   

Nobody is insulting anyone, at least from my end.  I don't have an ideology either.  It doesn't matter if drug costs are rising if it's only a tiny portion of the overall picture.  You're sitting here arguing with people who do this for a living and have a ton more experience and perspective in medicine than you do, and telling them they're wrong.   It gets to the point where it's not worth even addressing the things you say because they're so far off base that you seem to lack even a basic understanding of how things work.  

I'm not saying that to be a dick, but some of the comments I read on here from many posters lack understanding of how the medical profession works, how insurances work, how billing works, etc.  It's not just something where our government can fix the problem.  They need to reach out and work with the medical profession to create solutions instead of just dictating to us how things need to be and further worsening and already crappy system. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

45 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

And you are an ideological asshole so we have a common perception of each other.

It's not my fault you don't understand the phrase "fastest growing component of the medical system." Maybe you do believe homebuilding is a component of the medical system after all.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Haha.  You just insulted my daughter in law and my cousin.  My father in law taught at a DO school in Texas in the 1970's.  In reality he worked for the NSA.   

Given she is done with her two years in Grenada a little late now. 

But the point on the required test scores are the same if you are a US resident versus a foreigner.   The advantage of St.Georges is the prepare for the test.  Canadian schools don't. A friend of hers went to a Canadian med school, married an American and is screwed because she didn't do well enough on the test.  Her Medical degree is wasted or move to Canada.

No intent to insult. It's exceedingly hard to get into an American school if you're a foreigner. As it should be since the taxpayers through Medicare pay for the training. There is a huge range of quality in DO schools. Some are good and some are diploma mills with very little oversight. I think that's our point with the extra training requirements for foreign grads. I work with many DOs as well as J1 FMGs. The adage is that the FMGs generally improve the quality of the medical staff because the ones that go through all that extra training are usually very good.

4 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

No intent to insult. It's exceedingly hard to get into an American school if you're a foreigner. As it should be since the taxpayers through Medicare pay for the training. There is a huge range of quality in DO schools. Some are good and some are diploma mills with very little oversight. I think that's our point with the extra training requirements for foreign grads. I work with many DOs as well as J1 FMGs. The adage is that the FMGs generally improve the quality of the medical staff because the ones that go through all that extra training are usually very good.

I assume FMG's stands for Foreign Medical Graduates. Is that correct?

5 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Nobody is insulting anyone, at least from my end.  I don't have an ideology either.  It doesn't matter if drug costs are rising if it's only a tiny portion of the overall picture.  You're sitting here arguing with people who do this for a living and have a ton more experience and perspective in medicine than you do, and telling them they're wrong.   It gets to the point where it's not worth even addressing the things you say because they're so far off base that you seem to lack even a basic understanding of how things work.  

I'm not saying that to be a dick, but some of the comments I read on here from many posters lack understanding of how the medical profession works, how insurances work, how billing works, etc.  It's not just something where our government can fix the problem.  They need to reach out and work with the medical profession to create solutions instead of just dictating to us how things need to be and further worsening and already crappy system. 

Fine Jack and @Stealthlobo then think about this for a minute.  If someone is on Medicare what do they consume?   Doctors and hospitals correct?  Now if they get a job, their consumption of doctors and hospitals doesn't change but it switches from Medicare to employer provided insurance.   The total growth of doctor and hospital services doesn't change at all but the means by which they obtain the service changes.    

That is why when they measure the growth of healthcare they measure the base services: Pharmacy, Doctors, Hospitals, etc.    Yes Medicare has grown because Obamacare expanded Medicare eligibility.   But that expansion may or may not impact total healthcare spend depending on what was done previously.  So in terms of measuring the rate of growth in the health care market it's irrelevant.   

@thelawlorfaithful posting Medicare growth rates is a total red herring you fell for hook line and sinker.  

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Fine Jack and @Stealthlobo then think about this for a minute.  If someone is on Medicare what do they consume?   Doctors and hospitals correct?  Now if they get a job, their consumption of doctors and hospitals doesn't change but it switches from Medicare to employer provided insurance.   The total growth of doctor and hospital services doesn't change at all but the means by which they obtain the service changes.    

That is why when they measure the growth of healthcare they measure the base services: Pharmacy, Doctors, Hospitals, etc.    Yes Medicare has grown because Obamacare expanded Medicare eligibility.   But that expansion may or may not impact total healthcare spend depending on what was done previously.  So in terms of measuring the rate of growth in the health care market it's irrelevant.   

@thelawlorfaithful posting Medicare growth rates is a total red herring you fell for hook line and sinker.  

It doesn't switch from medicare to employer provided insurance.  At best it would switch from medicare to medicare plus an employer provided supplement.   You have no understanding of anything.

You are probably talking about medicaid which is what Obama expanded, but are just too stupid to understand what's going on.   You don't have a basic understanding of the system.